Shopping Black Friday online only?

gatorburg

I have been doing about 95% of my shopping online for the last two years. The rest I do at work (I'm management in a store that's open then) and sometimes KMart or Meijer on the way home after work. I don't buy toys or electronics anyhow. So, sitting at home in my pajamas and drinking vodka while getting the deals is fine with me.

Now, when I was younger and had a significant other who wanted a big ticket gift, I was out there with the crowds. I think it's great that there's different ways to bargain shop.

• Like 1

I've done the majority of my shopping online the last two years.  Walmart being the exception.  If i remember correctly Walmart had major issues with the online orders last year so I don't think I will do any online shopping there again, especially for the "must have" items.  I'm too wary.  I've not had any issues at all with Best Buy, Kohl's, Amazon (for the deals I'm able to snag), Macy's, Target or Staples in the past.  

I do the majority of my shopping in the stores.  I love going out with my kids shopping on BF (and wearing my GottaDeal Shirt over my sweatshirt) and then to breakfast.  Plus, Menards is always a must and can't do that online. 

• Like 3

I am a traditionalist. I enjoy going out and getting into the fray. Even as an older adult, it does not intimidate me. Shopping online as a means of maximizing on deals if fine, but if you are not going out then why is it different from any other sale day of the year? I believe that everyone should at least check out one store to help them out. Brick and mortar stores are hurting and spending most if not all of your time online shopping just adds to the decline of commerce as we know it. This is a once in a year event.  Enjoy the pandemonium.

• Like 7

I have done all of my shopping online for years now - if I need something that is in-store only - one of my kids picks it up for me as they LOVE the store experience - and I in turn have picked them up many things that are still online but sold out at the stores. Kind of the best of both worlds - until they some day tire of the "store experience". ;)

I do most online but still venture out for stocking suffers and things that may not be available online. I usually sit down around 10 Wednesday night, pop in a movie and have a glass (or the bottle) of wine while waiting for the sales to start. Buy everything I can as it goes up and then crawl into bed.

Last year was the 1st year I shopped ALOT online and surprisingly, I LOVED IT!! Don't get me wrong, I love going out on BF and shopping, but the online shopping I did on thanksgiving and the days after BF was wonderful.  It helped out sooooo much!  Once BF is gone, I don't enjoy getting out in the crowds to Christmas shop nearly as much.  I'd rather stay home and wrap gifts and watch Christmas movies.  It goes by so quickly as an adult and there has been a few years that I felt as if I didn't get to enjoy the Christmas time at home with my kids.

• Like 2

Last year I shopped online (Kohls and Target) and made my way to Menards early Friday morning. I still like to get into the excitement of Black Friday shopping by venturing out to a few stores including Walmart. I will make the mall my last stop for clothes and stocking stuffers. This year I plan to do a little online shopping (Kohls) and going for some shopping thrills at a few stores. It wouldn’t be Black Friday for me if I didn’t get out there in the madness!
  • Like 1

The last few years I have done the majority online. So easy, especially with Kohl's. Seems most of the stuff I get comes from there or target anyway. I will sometimes get maybe one or two things from a few other stores, so it's nice to just get that and not have to make trips to a lot of places.

I still go to Kohl's, mostly to help my mom and sister carry all their things, and wonder why they just didn't order it. But Kohl's usually has a $10 store online coupon, so I usually find something for that. A couple years I haven't though. Guess it depends on my mood.

We still go to Home Depot and PetSmart, and sometimes Target or Michael's since they are all in the same shopping center.

I do agree though that it was exciting before to spend several hours making lots of stops, getting the car filled up, then bringing in all your great finds from the morning all at once. Now they all trickle in... But at least that gives me time to find places to put it.

As I've gotten older I get more stressed driving and riding and being around so many people. Which is all sad for me. Because I do so much like being in the stores with all the decorations and Christmas music and excitement.

• Like 1

I don't think it would be the same NOT going out. I did buy one thing online last year on BF, but we don't have the store I bought it at in my area and it was something my hubby really wanted. I may do more online this year. Thinking it might help me resist the temptation of throwing extra things in my cart that I don't need!

I crave the madness...i don't think I would feel the same if I didn't go into a couple of stores...Wal-Mart is nerve wracking because they have a different check out line system every year and every year it's dumb , but I don't see myself riding past there w/o stopping in...the re-did the self check-out portion this past spring (about 5-8 on each end of the store)so it will be interesting to see how they do it this BF...

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

Ya know, I've never paid attention to how the small Supercenter I'm always at handles the self-checkouts.....

• Like 1

I do about 90% online now. Last year, I only went out Friday morning to Pet Smart and Home Depot. Black Friday 2015, I don’t think I went out at all.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Black Friday shopping at PetSmart is the best. It’s like the olden days...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL