Post a Recipe & Win Black Friday T-Shirts [Winners Posted]

Brad

This is a good alternative to green bean casserole. it’s made in the slow cooker so it has the bonus of freeing up oven space.

BBQ green beans

4 (14.5 oz.) cans green beans, rinsed and drained

8 slices thickly-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled, 2 tablespoons drippings reserved

1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped

1/2 cup ketchup

1/3 cup brown sugar, packed

1/3 cup BBQ sauce

1/4 cup honey

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

If using, heat 2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, then remove from heat.

Place green beans and onions (including remaining bacon grease) in a lightly greased slow cooker, then pour BBQ ketchup mixture over them.

Mix everything together until incorporated, then top with crumbled bacon.

Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-5 hours.

Edited by speeddiva
  • Like 1

Merry Chocolate Nut Clusters

2 c chocolate chips

1Tbsp crisco

3 c peanuts

Microwave the chocolate chips and crisco in a microwaveable bowl for 2 minutes stirring at 30 second intervals. Adjust time to ensure all chips are melted.

Stir in peanuts

Drop by spoonful onto wax paper lined cookie sheet.

Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour

Remove from paper and eat

Store leftover nut clusters in refrigerator.

• Like 2

VENISON CHILI RECIPE

Ingredients

2 pounds venison, cubed or ground

1/4 cup flour (of your choice)

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 can diced tomatoes in green chilis

½ cup chicken broth

1 tablespoon chili powder

2 teaspoons cumin

1 teaspoon sea salt

1 can white kidney beans

1 can white mountain beans

1 can black beans

1 medium green bell pepper

7 mini heirloom tomatoes

three cheese blend, shredded

Preparation

Cut venison into 1/2 inch – 1 inch cubes and rinse thoroughly. Put the flour on a plate and roll the meat around in the flour in batches coating it. In a large chili pot, brown the meat in the olive oil until fully cooked. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, cumin and chili powder. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.  Add all of the beans, drained and diced green pepper to the chili. Cut the tomatoes in halves or quarters, depending on the size of the tomato and add to the chili. Cook covered on low for a half hour more or until done, stirring occasionally. Serve with a small handful of cheese to garnish.

• Like 2

This a twisted version of your favorite cinnamon roll recipe! Candy cane rolls! My family LOVES them, and I created this version when my boys were tiny, and yet it is their favorite request every year. I have used peppermint candy canes as well as the " red hot " cinnamon variety as well.

I batch of your favorite sweet roll dough or even loaves of Rhodes dough thawed works beautifully.

Roll dough into large rectangle

cover dough with 1/4 cup melted butter and 2 tbsp vanilla

I box crushed candy canes sprinkled evenly over the dough( pulse in a blender)

Roll and cut as you would regular cinnamon rolls,proof and bake according to dough recipe used. Let cool at frost with a standard buttercream frosting! Enjoy!

• Like 3

This a twisted version of your favorite cinnamon roll recipe! Candy cane rolls! My family LOVES them, and I created this version when my boys were tiny, and yet it is their favorite request every year. I have used peppermint candy canes as well as the " red hot " cinnamon variety as well.

I batch of your favorite sweet roll dough or even loaves of Rhodes dough thawed works beautifully.

Roll and cut as you would regular cinnamon rolls,proof and bake according to dough recipe used. Let cool at frost with a standard buttercream frosting! Enjoy!

Sounds amazing! May have to try these this year! :)

Christmas Punch

INGREDIENTS

2 cups chilled pomegranate juice

1 cup chilled cranberry juice

8 ounces (1 cup) vodka

8 ounces (1 cup) Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur

1 cup chilled club soda

1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 6 lemons)

1/2 cup Simple Syrup for Mixed Drinks

DIRECTIONS

Combine pomegranate and cranberry juice, vodka, Cointreau, club soda, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a punch bowl. Fill glasses with cranberries frozen in ice cubes, and serve. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.

. Must try this
  • Like 2

Super simple but they go quick!

Chocolate Kiss Pretzels

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and line up square pretzels over the entire thing. Place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on each pretzel. Place in 200 degree oven just long enough to soften the chocolate a little, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Just want the chocolate softened, not melted. Remove from the oven and while they are still soft, press an M&M (I but the red and green Christmas ones) onto each kiss. Let set so chocolate hardens again (can put in refrigerator to speed the process). Keep in a covered container.

• Like 3

Super simple but they go quick!

Chocolate Kiss Pretzels

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and line up square pretzels over the entire thing. Place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on each pretzel. Place in 200 degree oven just long enough to soften the chocolate a little, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Just want the chocolate softened, not melted. Remove from the oven and while they are still soft, press an M&M (I but the red and green Christmas ones) onto each kiss. Let set so chocolate hardens again (can put in refrigerator to speed the process). Keep in a covered container.

I do these with round pretzels. The kids call them reindeer noses.

• Like 1

I usually post lots of recipes but this year just this one,

We made this for for the first time for my daughters Halloween party 

could not believe the hit it was 

place all in crock pot on low till all melted about 4-6 hours 

Chicken enchilada dip 

4 cups pepper jack cheese

2 cups enchilada sauce

1 small rotisserie chicken shredded 

12 oz cream cheese

2 cans chiles 

2 tbsp taco seasoning 

tortilla chips for dipping 

awesome punch 

1 750 ml bottle vodka

1/2 cup orange liqueur

6 cups 48 oz fruit punch 

6 cups apple juice 

6 cups cranberry juice 

2 liters ginger ale 

mix all together stir well add ice 

Edited by Illinoismom
  • Like 1

Red Velvet Milk Shake

6 scoops French vanilla ice cream

1/4 c red velvet cake mix

2 Tbsp cream cheese (room temp)

2-3 drops of red cake decorating gel

3 Tbsp Chocolate syrup

1 1/4 c whole milk

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Whipped Cream

Put ice cream, cake mix, cream cheese, decoration gel, chocolate syrup, milk, and vanilla into a blender. Blend well, adding more milk for thinner shakes. Garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles and cherries

• Like 5

LIbby's Pumpkin Roll INGREDIENTS
  • CAKE:
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
  • FILLING:
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
  • 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
INSTRUCTIONS

FOR CAKE:
PREHEAT
 oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar. 

COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts. 

BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack. 

FOR FILLING:
BEAT
 cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired. 

COOKING TIP:
Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.
  • Like 1

2 c chocolate chips

1Tbsp crisco

3 c peanuts

Microwave the chocolate chips and crisco in a microwaveable bowl for 2 minutes stirring at 30 second intervals. Adjust time to ensure all chips are melted.

Stir in peanuts

2 c chocolate chips

1Tbsp crisco

3 c peanuts

Stir in peanuts

We do a version of this, but we add crushed candy canes, pretzel pieces, and m & m's.

• Like 1

Corn pudding! (The name sounds so vile to me and because of that, I refused to try it for years...boy was I missing out...absolutely the most delicious thing ever!) I make it every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas and it is always a hit! A delicious comfort food. I usually double this recipe and use a larger baking dish.

1 can of creamed corn

1 can whole kernel corn

1/4 pound of butter softened 

1 package Jiffy cornbread mix

8 oz of sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put butter in 2 quart casserole dish, place in oven until melted.

Remove casserole dish and add creamed corn, kernel corn, corn muffin mix and sour cream. Mix well, bake uncovered approximately 30 minutes.

We add a cup of shredded cheese to it and call it Corn Casserole! I make it just about every holiday even if I'm usually the only one who eats it :sidesplit

• Like 1

There are so many great recipes here!

This is my easy & go-to recipe for Christmas morning-

Breakfast Casserole

6 eggs

1 cup milk

1 cup Bisquick

1 lb breakfast sausage, cooked & cooled

1 cup of shredded cheese

Salt & pepper to your liking

Mix together & pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Store in fridge overnight. Bake at 350 for 40 mins or until eggs are set.

My favorite part of this recipe is that I can put it together the day before & put it right in the oven to bake while presents are being opened.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 1

There are so many great recipes here!

This is my easy & go-to recipe for Christmas morning-

Breakfast Casserole

6 eggs

1 cup milk

1 cup Bisquick

1 lb breakfast sausage, cooked & cooled

1 cup of shredded cheese

Salt & pepper to your liking

Mix together & pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Store in fridge overnight. Bake at 350 for 40 mins or until eggs are set.

My favorite part of this recipe is that I can put it together the day before & put it right in the oven to bake while presents are being opened.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I tried something like that last year in the crockpot on low overnight (about 6 hours).  YUCK!! Maybe I'll do yours this year and just pop it in the oven.

shirley temple cake:

Cooking spra y, for pan
1 box cake mix
1 can 7-up
2/3 c. maraschino cherr ies without stems
1 tbsp. flour
2 c. powdere d sugar
1/4 c. Marasch ino Cherry Juice
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla

12 maraschino cherries with stems, for garnish

Preheat oven to 350° and grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine cake mix with can of 7-up.
Toss stemless cherries  with flour and fold into cake batte r. When smooth, pour into prepared bundt pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before inverting onto cooling rack to  cool completely.
Meanwhile, make glaze. In  a medium bowl, combine  powdered sugar with cherry juice, cream, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and fully combined.
When bundt cake is cooled, drizzle with glaze. Top with maraschino cherries and serve.
  • Like 1

I make this French toast for Christmas breakfast every year.  It is easy to prepare the night before and can be baking while opening presents.  I use french bread and dark brown sugar.

https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/overnight-french-toast/dc9d4207-98ec-4858-b1d1-93a53c6b1a27

Overnight French Toast

Ingredients

1/4
cup (half a stick) butter, melted SAVE $
3/4
cup packed light brown sugar SAVE $
loaf brioche or challah, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
eggs, slightly beaten SAVE $
cup whole milk SAVE $
tablespoon vanilla extract
teaspoon ground cinnamon SAVE $
1/4
teaspoon ground ginger
1/2
cup pecans, chopped
1/8
teaspoon salt

Maple syrup and powdered sugar for topping (optional) SAVE $
Get Ingredients
Steps
    In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and melted butter and pour on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange slices of bread in the baking dish, overlapping if necessary.
    Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and pour evenly over bread slices. Sprinkle chopped pecans over bread slices.
    Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
    In the morning, take the casserole out of the fridge for at least 10 minutes while you are preheat your oven to 350°F.
    Bake casserole for 30-35 minutes. If top starts browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil for the last 10 minutes or so to keep the casserole from drying out.
    Remove casserole from oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup.
  • Like 2

I make this French toast for Christmas breakfast every year. It is easy to prepare the night before and can be baking while opening presents. I use french bread and dark brown sugar.

https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/overnight-french-toast/dc9d4207-98ec-4858-b1d1-93a53c6b1a27

Overnight French Toast

Ingredients

1/4

cup (half a stick) butter, melted SAVE $

3/4

cup packed light brown sugar SAVE $

loaf brioche or challah, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices

eggs, slightly beaten SAVE $

cup whole milk SAVE $

tablespoon vanilla extract

teaspoon ground cinnamon SAVE $

1/4