Anyone bought a Christmas tree on Black Friday?

Jenn_A

I am in bad need of a good 6-7 ft prelit Christmas tree and am thinking about waiting for BF to get one.

I have never noticed them before on BF because I wasn't in the market.

Has anyone ever scored a good one on BF?

QVC has beautiful ones but I don't have that kind of money right now!

Thanks!

Jennifer

• Like 1

Home Depot has had a nice tree on sale the last few years.  2 years ago, I bought my kids one on BF. Last year, I got one for myself.   It's 7.5 foot, lights can change from multi color to solid white, $79.http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/GottaDeal-HomeDepot-BF2016%20tree.jpg

• Like 3

Home Depot has had a nice tree on sale the last few years.  2 years ago, I bought my kids one on BF. Last year, I got one for myself.   It's 7.5 foot, lights can change from multi color to solid white, $79.http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/GottaDeal-HomeDepot-BF2016%20tree.jpg

Thank you SO much!

Thank you ALL so very much! Looks like Home Depot is the place to watch :)

• Like 2

I also love my Home Depot tree. I arrived about 20 before opening and was able to get one fine. But there were lots of people after them. They are heavy, so don't try to carry it, but at my store there were lots of people around to help.

It also was available to order online when the sale went live (around midnight?) but I was too impatient to wait for shipping. They were sold out by the time I got up to leave that morning.

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 1

I love tis tree. I bought it last year and it is WONDERFUL.... Sets up in less than 2 mins and it comes with a remote. I might get another for the other room this year.

• Like 2

I also love my Home Depot tree. I arrived about 20 before opening and was able to get one fine. But there were lots of people after them. They are heavy, so don't try to carry it, but at my store there were lots of people around to help.

They actually already had them loaded in carts around here.  And, you're right, there are always a lot of people to help.  Home Depot does Black Friday right :).

• Like 3

This is an item best left to either yard sales or after Christmas sales. We recently picked up two Barely Used 7 foot Christmas trees still on the box at the curb after someone couldn't sell them at a yard sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using GottaDEAL mobile app

Right! Every year I say I am going to but never can find one that suits me!

Thank you,

Thanks SO SO much for your replies :)

I always see lots of good deals on them from Home Depot and Lowes as others have stated. I was fortunate enough to get my current tree two years ago a few weeks after Christmas....at Walmart of all places. It's a 9 ft (unfortunately not pre lit) and I only paid $30 for it. =) Hope you find an amazing deal on one you want!

Home Depot has had a nice tree on sale the last few years. 2 years ago, I bought my kids one on BF. Last year, I got one for myself. It's 7.5 foot, lights can change from multi color to solid white, $79.http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/GottaDeal-HomeDepot-BF2016%20tree.jpg

I purchased this tree last year as I needed a new living room tree. I loved it so much that I am considering getting another this year to replace the family room tree. I love that it can switch between white and multi lights; and the remote is a huge plus too!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 2

I keep looking at those HD trees every year, but I keep passing on them. I have a 4' tree right now that fits nicely in my apartment living room for the spot that I have. They do keep tempting me, though, since my bedroom is *huge* and I could easily have a tree in there as well. Maybe this year... 

• Like 4

Wow good deal, hopefully they have it again this year.  My DS bought one last year in Nov. because we needed a new one. But he moved out and took his tree with him! So, I'm in the market for one this year. 

Can anybody give me a rough diameter around the lowest branches on one of these HD trees? If not, I can just nose around my HD in the next couple weeks to see about nabbing a measurement. *dusting off trusty tape measure* I'm guessing they'll have one on display. (One of those things they never tell you in the ads!) 

I keep looking at those HD trees every year, but I keep passing on them. I have a 4' tree right now that fits nicely in my apartment living room for the spot that I have. They do keep tempting me, though, since my bedroom is *huge* and I could easily have a tree in there as well. Maybe this year...

Go for it. I love mine. The kitties will love the lights

Wow good deal, hopefully they have it again this year. My DS bought one last year in Nov. because we needed a new one. But he moved out and took his tree with him! So, I'm in the market for one this year.

I promise you will not be disappointed
  • Like 1

I went to Home Depot yesterday and looked around at the trees.  They have a slim tree with color changing lights for $129.  Due to space where my tree has to go I really need a slim tree......I doubt this one will be the "special buy" tree but if it happens to be on some kind of sale I may just have to snag one for next year.  I'm very jealous of my parents and sister who have the color changing lights.    LOL

Can anybody give me a rough diameter around the lowest branches on one of these HD trees? If not, I can just nose around my HD in the next couple weeks to see about nabbing a measurement. *dusting off trusty tape measure* I'm guessing they'll have one on display. (One of those things they never tell you in the ads!) 

I'm horrible about judging size or distance. That would be the woman in me, lol.  BUT, I'd guess around 4 ft in diameter?  These pics are bad, but I tried to crop them so that you could see the tree, and kind of in relation to standard stuff (like the window, or recliner).

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/DSC06632.jpghttp://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/IMG_1920.jpg

• Like 1

I suck at those things too, lol but here’s another view of last years tree

be76702e5820401cdd6e29339282805c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 3

I am in bad need of a good 6-7 ft prelit Christmas tree and am thinking about waiting for BF to get one.

I have never noticed them before on BF because I wasn't in the market.

Has anyone ever scored a good one on BF?

QVC has beautiful ones but I don't have that kind of money right now!

Thanks!

Jennifer

check out p24 of the kohls bf add...

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/Kohls/24