Free Shipping & Holiday Plans from Target

len_mullen

Getting ready to take on Amazon (AMZN) and Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) for the upcoming shopping season, Target (NYSE:TGT) will start free shipping in November, while it will price most of its holiday assortment under $15. The retailer is also rolling out a service that allows online customers to send friends and family electronic gift boxes that let them make changes to items or select entirely different gifts before they ship.

I love the idea of Mobile Wallet! As a person who forgets her wallet at home ALL. THE. TIME. I'm pumped! Are we thinking it's going to be one scan for Cartwheel deals and payment or will it be two scans? I also like that they are doing more weekend deals, which is when I can go to Target. Weekdays are hard (for everything)...

However, they didn't mention 50% off deals. There's a little graphic in the toy picture that says "Kids' Daily Deals Up to 50% off with Cartwheel" but that makes me think that the deals won't be as good. They also didn't mention the wishlist app, which had a % off coupon code when you purchased using it. They didn't mention the 10 Days of Deals that they had last year either. I was really hoping for 30% off toys again.

Target came up huge for me last year and I'm really hoping they bring it this year too!

• Like 1

However, they didn't mention 50% off deals. There's a little graphic in the toy picture that says "Kids' Daily Deals Up to 50% off with Cartwheel" but that makes me think that the deals won't be as good. They also didn't mention the wishlist app, which had a % off coupon code when you purchased using it. They didn't mention the 10 Days of Deals that they had last year either. I was really hoping for 30% off toys again.

Target came up huge for me last year and I'm really hoping they bring it this year too!

I don't shop at Target very often, but I do have a Red Card and use Cartwheel occasionally.  I had forgotten about those 50% off toy deals last year, we got some great deals on gifts for the grandkids.

I don't shop at Target very often, but I do have a Red Card and use Cartwheel occasionally.  I had forgotten about those 50% off toy deals last year, we got some great deals on gifts for the grandkids.

I have never had any luck with those 50% off deals. The stores near me have such limited stock that they are out before I can get there. It's great in theory, but I couldn't get it to work in practice.

They didn't mention the 10 Days of Deals that they had last year either. I was really hoping for 30% off toys again.

I think they announced the 10 days of deals the last few years when they posted their Black Friday ad. The digital BF ad they posted on target.com had some extra pages that had each day's deals.