Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

does anyone have a plan they can stick to?

17 replies to this topic

#1 stevierocks  ONLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 12, 2017 - 5:01 pm

every year i try to plan gift buying/wrapping..

and every year i fail and Christmas night i am wrapping...  does anyone have a pla they actually stick to somehow???

so i have come up with this years plan...(i don't have unrealistic high hopes of achieving it , but worth a shot)

i plan to MAKE ONE online purchase a day from now till the week before Christmas.

i will plan shopping out later.. but i also plan to WRAP 2 gifts (or more) a day from now till thanksgiving..( starting with the small pile of boxes that i have in the next room. 

then i plan to wrap gifts if i am not shopping every day. Thanksgiving weekend is off for wrapping , as it will be shopping and decorating . ad the birthdays are off as i will be planning those celebrations on those days.. 

#2 Coastiwife  OFFLINE  

Coastiwife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 13, 2017 - 4:49 am

I start wrapping when my tree goes up. I don't have a set schedule. When I find free time I shut myself in my room and wrap until I'm tired. I like to have a mix of wrapped gifts and gift bags under the tree so that makes it a bit easier.

#3 Tara3117  OFFLINE  

Tara3117

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 13, 2017 - 5:49 am

We're always wrapping on Christmas Eve so I told my husband that this year, we're going to designate one wrapping night a week where we open a bottle of wine (this is very important), put on a Christmas movie and wrap everything that we've gotten over the last week. We stash the kids' presents in the attic. Saving everything until the last minute is chaotic and dumb on our part so I'm hoping to change that up this year. We'll see how that goes.

"If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her eighteenth birthday, you can get out of bed." ~ E. Jean Carroll

#4 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 13, 2017 - 6:02 am

I usually wrap in spurts but I am still wrapping on Christmas eve usually for the wife but I have not figured this out yet either. Maybe I start a mobile gift wrapping company and come wrap up everybody stuff  :trampolin

#5 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 13, 2017 - 6:12 am

The only plan we have that we stick to for the season is to plan on still be wrapping stuff on the day. :)

#6 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 13, 2017 - 7:33 am

I usually wrap in spurts but I am still wrapping on Christmas eve usually for the wife but I have not figured this out yet either. Maybe I start a mobile gift wrapping company and come wrap up everybody stuff  :trampolin

I would totally pay someone to do that!  I hate wrapping.

My mom wraps as she goes, all year long. I cannot do that.  I would be freaking out at Christmas time, afraid I didn't really wrap something but it got checked off the list, and I would end up unwrapping everything to check this list again. LOL.   

I usually pull out a folding table and set everything up in the living room, make some homemade cocoa, and turn on White Christmas to watch while I wrap. 

#7 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,708 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 14, 2017 - 10:15 am

I often spend a few hours just boxing and getting ready to wrap. A good Christmas movie and I can wrap for a few hours. I only tag now but not a lot of frills with bows and ribbons. The grandkids rather have more presents than bows

#8 msomnipotent  OFFLINE  

msomnipotent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 14, 2017 - 3:26 pm

I tried wrapping early, but then my cat chewed off all of the name tags and bows. I had to unwrap practically everything because I like to put things in uniform boxes to make wrapping easier. I think I'm going to make my daughter and husband wrap everything this year, except their gifts. 

#9 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 16, 2017 - 8:28 am

When my kind were younger I would wrap the presents as soon as I brought them in the house, now that 2 are grown and out of the house and there is only my 17 yo son, my wrapping waits... but every year I tell myself I am going to wrap before Christmas eve so I am not up until 4:00 am...hasn't worked yet, but I am going to try again this year...lol...

#10 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2017 - 10:54 am

I pencil in a few weekend afternoons/week nights between the beginning of Nov through Mid Dec for wrapping.

#11 queenkishaa  OFFLINE  

queenkishaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 17, 2017 - 5:40 am

I wrap the week before Christmas, usually really early in the morning before the kids wake up. I am generally done before Christmas eve.

Sent from my SM-G920T using GottaDEAL mobile app

#12 LainieB  OFFLINE  

LainieB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2017 - 7:01 am

I must be one of the few people that love wrapping. I usually run out of presents to wrap long before Christmas so I offer to help my friend's wrap gifts.

#13 Love4Fashion  OFFLINE  

Love4Fashion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2017

Posted Oct 17, 2017 - 7:27 am

I love to wrap gifts. I usually try to have all gifts wrapped and hidden before the kids go on Christmas break. Any last minutes gifts I may have I try wrap while everyone is out the house for sports, haircuts or errands. I have a lot of “snoopers” so I have to work fast Lol

#14 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,123 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2017 - 9:08 am

I’m getting better at wrapping ahead of Christmas Eve but it’s easier now since the kids are all grown and I don’t have to hide to do it.

#15 cln29  OFFLINE  

cln29

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 18, 2017 - 12:15 pm

Every year without fail on Christmas Eve I lock myself in the bedroom, turn on the 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story and wrap until my back hurts from being bent over. Then wrap some more!
Always swear that it won't happen again next year but it always does:(

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

#16 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,376 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2017 - 1:26 pm

The year I wrapped as gifts came was the easiest. Kept snooping eyes away and I didn't kill my back. I have a few gifts bought but haven't started yet. I should.

:cheese:

#17 Doresia  OFFLINE  

Doresia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 19, 2017 - 10:03 am

I usually wait until a week or so before Christmas to wrap and then anything I buy after that I just wrap as i go.  This year I decided to start early and have wrapped a few.  BUT.....My wonderful sister (Bopeep) posted about how she would freak out about not getting something wrapped, but checked off the list.  AND NOW.... I'm second guessing myself and I want to unwrap everything and go back to the way I usually do it!  :runaway: Thanks for that. LOL 

#18 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2017 - 10:34 am

I usually wait until a week or so before Christmas to wrap and then anything I buy after that I just wrap as i go.  This year I decided to start early and have wrapped a few.  BUT.....My wonderful sister (Bopeep) posted about how she would freak out about not getting something wrapped, but checked off the list.  AND NOW.... I'm second guessing myself and I want to unwrap everything and go back to the way I usually do it!  :runaway: Thanks for that. LOL 

Hey, anytime!   :sidesplit

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users