Rug Doctor or Bissel Steam Cleaner - are they on sale?

cjdav

Does anyone recall either of these items being on sale in prior years?  I checked some of the obvious sale papers from last year, but, did not see these listed.   I am really hoping I can get a good deal on one of these heavy duty carpet cleaners.  

I purchased the Bissell ProHeat from Walmart last year for $88 (on sale from $138...I just had to go check the ad). I've used it several times and really like it! Not really sure if this is as heavy duty of a machine as you're looking for, though. 

Edited by stewarta4

I had both the Bissell Pro Heat and Hoover (I think Power Scrub). They are both pretty much the same. Both of ours only lasted 2 or 3 years, but they saw a lot of use. Once people know that you have a carpet shampooer, they want to borrow it. Both were broken by people that were borrowing it, now that I think about it. I wound up buying a much more expensive Rug Doctor pro model from Costco and so far, so good. Either of the two should be fine for your needs. I bought them from Kohls when on sale with the 30% off both times. You can check the BF archives for sale prices, but they go on sale every so often during the year. In fact, Kohls has them on sale right now. You can probably get a 30% off code somewhere. 

I had both the Bissell Pro Heat and Hoover (I think Power Scrub). They are both pretty much the same. Both of ours only lasted 2 or 3 years, but they saw a lot of use. Once people know that you have a carpet shampooer, they want to borrow it. Both were broken by people that were borrowing it, now that I think about it. I wound up buying a much more expensive Rug Doctor pro model from Costco and so far, so good. Either of the two should be fine for your needs. I bought them from Kohls when on sale with the 30% off both times. You can check the BF archives for sale prices, but they go on sale every so often during the year. In fact, Kohls has them on sale right now. You can probably get a 30% off code somewhere. 

The 30% off code is FALL30 and the free shipping is FREE4MVC and HOME10 should give you $10 off your purchase.