When are you putting up your Christmas tree?

msyves

We usually put everything up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. My husband and youngest son think we should put our Christmas trees up now. My other son and I think it's too early. So we're at a stalemate in our home. When is the best time to put up a Christmas tree? How early is too early? 

Edited by msyves

If I could I might do it now but I would love to do it day after Halloween but we get a real tree so it goes up the Saturday after thanksgiving usually

My dd11 has a small artificial tree so as soon as she asks we will put that up in her room

Edited by ytmomof4
  • Like 1

I love love love Christmas, but even I think now is too early to decorate a Christmas tree, lol.  Having said that, I don't judge or begrudge anyone that decorates early.  I have a pretty small house, so it's a big deal when I get everything put up. If I had more room, I might be more in the "let's do it now!" camp. :)

I decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend.  And take it all down within a couple days after Chrismtas.

• Like 3

Mine goes up before Thanksgiving, depending on my work schedule.  Healthcare scheduling is a free-for-all starting November so I do it when I have time.  I love having it up when I return home from Thanksgiving festivities/shopping and/or working, depending on the year and if it is my turn to work.  

Interestingly enough, my birthday is mid-December and my mother would never put our tree up until after the 15th, even when I asked her if we could.  Bless her for trying to separate my birthday and Christmas but I never really cared.  I always wanted to have the tree up for my birthday parties I had at the house.  LOL.  

• Like 1

I usually try to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put ours up but I will be working the day after Thanksgiving this year. (Fortunately I work nightshift and all the BF sales are late thanksgiving night/early in the morning these days as we all know! I won't miss out on the fun!) I will probably put ours up the day before Thanksgiving. I've already been planning and Pinteresting some ideas for this year's decor. I think I'm going to add some new colors this year!

Interestingly enough, my birthday is mid-December and my mother would never put our tree up until after the 15th, even when I asked her if we could.  Bless her for trying to separate my birthday and Christmas but I never really cared.  I always wanted to have the tree up for my birthday parties I had at the house.  LOL.  

I used to do the same thing for my Dec 15th baby.  But as she got older, like 2nd grade maybe, she asked if we could put it up sooner.  I always tried to distinguish between the 2.

My husband refuses to drag everything inside before Thanksgiving. It's usually end of Nov, early Dec when I can finally convince him lol. 

Tree either goes up Black Friday or the following weekend. I generally put up 2 trees and I am contemplating adding a 3rd this year. I have already started thinking about the outside of the house and what I would like to do; I get bored with decorations easily so I am constantly buying new things and switching back and forth through the years. It’s an addiction for sure but it’s my favorite time of the year!
  • Like 1

Mine goes up before Thanksgiving, depending on my work schedule.  Healthcare scheduling is a free-for-all starting November so I do it when I have time.  I love having it up when I return home from Thanksgiving festivities/shopping and/or working, depending on the year and if it is my turn to work.  

I used to do the same thing for my Dec 15th baby.  But as she got older, like 2nd grade maybe, she asked if we could put it up sooner.  I always tried to distinguish between the 2.

My husband refuses to drag everything inside before Thanksgiving. It's usually end of Nov, early Dec when I can finally convince him lol. 

My DD's bday is December 1st, she doesn't like the tree up before her bday. So, it usually goes up Dec. 2nd :giggle:

My mom usually does the weekend before too. And puts up all the decorations, except the kitchen. After thanksgiving dinner, we put away thanksgiving decor and put out the snowmen.

This year though, she has decided for the first time ever to get a real tree. She has 7 cats and stuff on the floor (like fallen pine needles) drives her crazy, so I'm thinking this might be the only year for that adventure. So I'm not sure if she'll do the other decorations before the tree, or just do it all at once.

Edited by bluebear

Thanksgiving weekend is when ours usually goes up. I'm getting my tree "fix" this year by having a Halloween tree. :D Bought it at Walmart for $39, lights from Menards for about $15, and ornaments from Dollar Tree for about $15. I'm happy with it. Told my husband I thought of getting a pink tree for Easter, haha!

I like to put my tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  We decorate the whole house though, so sometimes it is into the next week before we get everything done.  I live with my mom and her house is where the whole family gathers for dinner and gift exchanges and that is a week after Christmas so we don't take anything down until after that.