Smartwatches & Fitness Trackers Thread

khall1971

I think I'm all good on my electronics and household appliances this year, so my main BF hope will be to score a FitBit Ionic. It's a high-quality wellness tracker & smartwatch combo that retails for $299.

Are you looking for a smartwatch or fitness tracker too? Which one(s)? Have you heard any scuttlebutt about potential deals? Do you think there will even BE any deals on any of these devices this year? Share your wristware (or clip-on-ware :gdflower3: ) hopes here!

Edited by khall1971

I am thinking about getting the Apple Watch 3 to replace my wife's 1 this year. With the new things it's doing with heat rate tracking and all that I thought about one for myself also. I'm more iffy on it for me though as I don't wear watches or jewelry and stuff so not sure how I would feel about it.

• Like 1

I would like to get the FitBit Alta HR this year at Kohls. Last year the Alta was $99 with $15 Kohl’s cash for every $50 spent. Hoping to get that and a pair of socks (or something) with $30 in Kohl’s cash.....hoping....

Oooh, good point on getting the Kohl's cash. I have a Kohl's card, too, so maybe I'll luck out and get bonus points as well! I'll have to remember to keep checking Kohl's when I'm watching for FitBit deals. Thanks!

My daughter has mentioned that she would like an apple watch for Christmas. Do these ever go on sale on Black Friday? I really don't even know where to get one or what the regular cost is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My daughter has mentioned that she would like an apple watch for Christmas. Do these ever go on sale on Black Friday? I really don't even know where to get one or what the regular cost is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you should see deals on the latest and previous versions. I got one for my wife on BF. I don't remember the exact details but I got it from Target and got a nice gift card out of the deal which we used on other presents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Apple.com website will give you good info about the watch so you know what you are looking for. (I dont have one, just fyi)

Yes, they do go on sale (they did last year at various retailers.)

You should talk to your daughter about what it is about the watch she wants - does she want the cellular version? (where you would need to "add a line" to your current plan.) Does she run/swim and want the fitness tracking options? What size does she want? Which band?

Start on the apple website and look at all the various options, and ask her what it is she wants to achieve with the watch. 

This week at Meijers you get a $50 coupon good on your next shopping trip if you buy a Series 1 or Series 2

4_50_5.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, they do go on sale (they did last year at various retailers.)

You should talk to your daughter about what it is about the watch she wants - does she want the cellular version? (where you would need to "add a line" to your current plan.) Does she run/swim and want the fitness tracking options? What size does she want? Which band?

Start on the apple website and look at all the various options, and ask her what it is she wants to achieve with the watch.

Just wanted to add that if OP’s daughter has asked for an Apple Watch, she more than likely has an iPhone. The cellular version does not require you to add a line; it is paired with your current line. While you don’t need your iPhone if you have the cellular version of the watch, they are meant to be used in conjunction with the iPhone.

Just wanted to add that if OP’s daughter has asked for an Apple Watch, she more than likely has an iPhone. The cellular version does not require you to add a line; it is paired with your current line. While you don’t need your iPhone if you have the cellular version of the watch, they are meant to be used in conjunction with the iPhone.

I think to clarify further: it's an add on device fee, not another line. Most carriers it's an extra $10/month (check on activation fees.)

• Like 1

I just saw a commercial for the fitbit ionic, seemed interesting BUT all my fit it devices have lasted a year or just over before dying/falling apart. I know $100 isn't HUGE $, I just don't feel like I should need to replace it so often. Feels like everything is being built with throw away mentality maybe because people are upgrading as soon as newest version available :(
  • Like 2