Amazon unveils new Echo smart devices for the holidays

Brad

I knew I was going to wish I had waited, when I bought the echo on QVC for $75 a few weeks back.

Clearance! Looking at the new Echos, you don't gain much. Better speakers and microphones and fabric choices. The Plus model will not be for everyone as it will be kind of limited in smarthome connections. The Spot is an alarm clock with a small screen (show). I did pre-order the connect for phone calls. I was kind of disappointed in the new Echos. I was hoping for something 'groundbreaking'. BTW, buy a portable battery/stand for your Echo. I love moving mine around or taking it outside. That is something else they missed; portability.

Edited by bpr
  • Like 1

Some users are reporting that they keep them in the car for music. The firestick/dot deal was a good move on their part. I am looking forward to seeing similar if not cheaper deals the week of Black Friday. Recent changes to the digital movie realm are probably happening this week so the firestick may be used more than ever if you have ever heard of Movies Anywhere which augments the current Disney Movies Anywhere collection with previously restrictive movie content.