Wonder about Michaels?

lkonkel

O.k. so bored as I am today I was searching through 2016 ad scans and was looking through Michaels.  I noticed that they had the "10 drawer rolling cart by Recollections" for $24.99 on door buster and it states regular price is $89.99.  I was thinking for my d11 would be kind of cool and wanted to send this to her, without the actual ad and the price. So, I went out to the Michaels website to get the photo to send to her and noticed that the price of the SAME one that was apparently $89.99 last year is now only $30 online without it being on sale???  Seems fishy to me??  Makes me wonder how many more items in their ad they say are very expensive, but then put on door buster deals and we fall for it thinking it's a good deal??  Don't get me wrong.....$24.99 then with the 30% off BF coupon is still better then $30, but just kind of makes me wonder when the regular price is listed as $89 in the flyer!

I think this happens a lot. Kohl's is bad, and Gordman's was too, about advertising something as "Reg. Price $89.99, OUR price $29.99, Sales Price $24.99" (to use your #s for the example). Then I have to wonder, is the regular price really $89.99??  Amazon prices are the same way.  They count on the fact that most of us won't do the research to prove or disprove their claims.

Also remember prices change - what was $90 last year could be $45 this year, with more supply, better production methods, or a drive to be more competitive on pricing.

Are they inflating prices? Maybe - they would not be the first retailer to do so. That's why you come here to research before you shop. As we always say, the best deal isn't always on BF - sometimes it's in July. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All I've seen thus far is the two pages of coupons. I'm hoping there's more to come as I usually stock up on quite a bit at Michael's.

me too, i believe i have those two pages in my car somewhere because they sent them out sometime last week, so im really curious!!

I'm pretty sure that isn't the Michael's ad.  They gave that paper to me a couple of days ago when I was there as coupons to use with the sale.  I'm anxious to see their ad and JoAnn's, too!  I need to pick up quite a few things for gift making and holiday baking.  

The ad is floating around out there because someone on a Facebook craft group I am a member of posted pictures of just the specific craft stuff our group members would be interested in. She said it was from the Black Friday ad - which she had in hand.... I need to see the whole ad!! 

• Like 1