Has anyone bought bikes on Black Friday before?

shopping4my3son

Has anyone bought bikes on Black Friday before?

I would like to get 2, my younger 2 have out grown the ones they have. Will I need to push the bikes through the crowd or do they have some kind of ticket system? Not sure where I'll get them from yet. Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us are close. There's a Meijer within 30 miles but never went there for Black Friday before.

Any tips would be appreciated!

I bought bikes from Meijer, TRU, and Walmart before. It is easiest to deal with Walmart if you can order online and pick up. Meijer is easy as long as you don't mind walking around with a bike. TRU's ticket system was a nightmare. It took about 2 hours to find someone to handle the ticket, find the bike, and check out. I haven't bothered shopping at TRU for a long while, though. 

• Like 1

Last year we bought our son a new bike from ToysRus on BF and we just grabbed the ticket from the display and used that to buy the bike. Once we paid for it they brought the bike up to us.

Keep an eye on Toys'R'Us.  They have filed for bankruptcy and will likely be liquidating their inventory this holiday season!

• Like 2

Best option for me was Amazon, prime. Had it Delivered to relatives house.

Have also done Walmart - a bit of a zoo on Black Friday but bikes not too bad to score, good selection. Most are grabbing other things.

Did toys r us - terrible experience. Color was not out on the floor. Had to Sacrifice 30-40 mins of valuable shop time to ensure I got the deal. Missed other deals down the line.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my daughter a bike on BF a few years ago at walmart. There was a line and they didnt have a ton but I was able to get one. It can be hard because there were people in front of us that wanted 3-4 bikes. I was worried because we knew the stock was running out and people behind us were trying to sneak up to grab them as they brought them out (they were outside in Lawn and Garden and we had to wait for them to go get them and bring them to us) but those of us that had been there made sure we all got what we wanted.

Leading up to BF, or maybe it was in the weekends after BF (pretty sure before) WalMart had one of their huge online sales. I hate scrolling through their 98 pages of online deals, but since we knew we were looking for a bike, we found that one and ordered it online and had it without the BF crowd; really for essentially the same deal on BF anywhere. It's not usually a character bike, but we bought stickers and a personalized mini license plate to spruce it up.

• Like 1