What would YOU like for Christmas this year?

abentley

Are the "as is" bsgs damaged?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

Mine appears to be brand new or at the very least barely used.  The only signs I could find that it wasn't brand new was that it wasn't packaged like the brand new bags are.  The strap had no plastic wrap on it but some of the hardware on the sides is still wrapped.  It came still stuffed, with all the accessories and a dust bag but there were no D&B tags attached nor a product registration card which was not a deal breaker for me at all. Buying "as is" is definitely a risk and when ordering you are prompted to acknowledge the limitations of it and a card is included in the package as well.  You are still under the QVC 30-day return policy though.  So at the very least you are only out shipping charges both ways if you return it or just one way if you managed to snag free shipping when ordered.  

• Like 1

A promotion at work. :) 

A 4-8 Channel IP video surveillance system for my home.

Regarding your dilemma, I keep a running Amazon wish list now and update it about once a month, updating it's lowest price and/or price I'm willing to pay, removing things I no longer want or have received. 

Guess what! GUESS WHAT!! We are going on a trip for Christmas! I've been wanting to do that for a few years, and we haven't been on vacation since April 2014. My boys probably won't be too happy... But they'll be okay. No one is asking for much it needing anything, so this is a good year to do it. Plus, I have some money left by my grandfather that I've held into for 1 1/2 years, so this is perfect to use it on. My MIL arranged the accommodations, so that's taken care of. We just have to eat and have fun.

The only bad side is that it's the week before Christmas, so I'll have no time to prepare or make all the desserts I usually do. And we won't get paid until almost the end of the trip, so lots of careful planning will be required. But I'm so excited!

• Like 3

Guess what! GUESS WHAT!! We are going on a trip for Christmas! I've been wanting to do that for a few years, and we haven't been on vacation since April 2014. My boys probably won't be too happy... But they'll be okay. No one is asking for much it needing anything, so this is a good year to do it. Plus, I have some money left by my grandfather that I've held into for 1 1/2 years, so this is perfect to use it on. My MIL arranged the accommodations, so that's taken care of. We just have to eat and have fun.

The only bad side is that it's the week before Christmas, so I'll have no time to prepare or make all the desserts I usually do. And we won't get paid until almost the end of the trip, so lots of careful planning will be required. But I'm so excited!

Congratulations!  I took a trip last year for my birthday which is right before Christmas as well.  It was stressful because I had to work in between getting back from the trip and then traveling to my family for Christmas.  I had to essentially be ready for Christmas before we left for Florida.  I wouldn't trade that trip for the world though.  :)

• Like 1

Yeah... The thing is I am off work the week of Christmas and the week after. We (my husband and I work at the same place) decided to take the week before off so we could have time to prepare for Christmas, so when his mom offered to get us a place to stay, he told her we were off that week... So kinda defeats the purpose a little, but still happy. We just need a vacation so bad... School has been going for 3 months now, and I am still just buried. It usually eases up beginning of September, but we've had some big changes this year, and I just don't know when it'll get slower. Hopefully by Christmas!

If nothing else, I'll bake cookies on vacation and just bring them home!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I do all the Christmas shopping (because I get more bang for my buck AND really enjoy it) so I usually end up buying MOST of my own gifts because I can use points, Kohls cash and such.  And I REALLY get a thrill out of that and it works for my family.

So I KNOW I am getting an Instant Pot this year :-)

I do share a list of items of varying prices and places if they ask.  If not, they go rogue and that is okay too. 

• Like 1

Well... a new knee would be very nice.  (I am having more "bad days" than "good days" with this knee lately.)  ::sigh::    But I think I need to go through my doctor for that one.

Other than that,  I really do have everything I could want or need.    I always ask for cat litter.  I always need cat litter.  (Dumb cats -- they can't seem to leave the clean litter alone!!!  They are always making it dirty.)   

I really look forward to my secret santa gift.   I love to try a local food item from my secret santa that is new to me.  And sometimes my secret santa picks up in that.    My secret santa 2 years ago introduced me to Louie's Italian beef seasoning au jous.  Great stuff!  I use it as my base for beef barely soup now.

I always give a list of DVD's for movies I missed during the year to mom.  Movies and cat litter.  What more could a gal want from Santa??

• Like 2

Well... a new knee would be very nice.  (I am having more "bad days" than "good days" with this knee lately.)  ::sigh::    But I think I need to go through my doctor for that one.

Other than that,  I really do have everything I could want or need.    I always ask for cat litter.  I always need cat litter.  (Dumb cats -- they can't seem to leave the clean litter alone!!!  They are always making it dirty.)   

I really look forward to my secret santa gift.   I love to try a local food item from my secret santa that is new to me.  And sometimes my secret santa picks up in that.    My secret santa 2 years ago introduced me to Louie's Italian beef seasoning au jous.  Great stuff!  I use it as my base for beef barely soup now.

I always give a list of DVD's for movies I missed during the year to mom.  Movies and cat litter.  What more could a gal want from Santa??

Ya I would avoid those back alley knee replacement deals, I could be wrong but I don't think medical degrees are supposed to come scribbled on the back of a napkin. :)

• Like 1

Just found out my husband made an arrangement with my dad (who is my BF shopping partner) last year. Apparently my husband was stumped on gift ideas last year so he had my dad take notes of what I seriously considered purchasing while out BF shopping but inevitably put back because I would feel guilty about buying something for myself when I should be shopping for others. Then later in the day on Friday my dad emailed the list and my husband popped out to the store to buy it (while I was napping apparently). They did a good job because I never caught on and liked all my presents. Very sneaky, I’m impressed [emoji846]

Nothing big that I want for Christmas this year but at least now I know how to get a hint to my husband.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 4