What would YOU like for Christmas this year?

abentley

I know the first choice for everyone will include " peace, love, health and happiness" for everyone....and I wish those for all.

However as I am working on my gift giving lists, I panic at the thought of what I would like. I have a list in my head at all times of things I would like to buy for myself, home, miscellaneous things I would like to try, UNTIL it gets to be near the holiday or my birthday. Then it goes blank.....

I know there are things I would like? To receive as a gift? It just feels so awkward.......

What gift would you love to receive?

Yep, I could have said all those exact words. My birthday is actually this week, so I'm already going through that. I'm like you... I wanna buy a rug for the living room, cabinet for the bathroom... But you can't ask for those things. But then I feel silly saying things like, lighting kit for my Lego castle, or this craft kit to put together...

I ended up just telling mama clothes, and sent her some pictures, but then that ended up hard too.

I'm out of ideas for right now, so I have to start thinking again...

I have actually started keeping a list on my phone so when someone ask me what I want I show them the list. If I get something off the list I remove it. I don't usually buy stuff for myself so the prices of items are varied. I actually want new bedroom furniture (Amish made) so money toward that is the top of my list!! My grown children are glad I started doing this, I always hate it when I ask someone what they want and they say "Nothing" 

• Like 2

Luggage......the handle on my most used piece broke while I was in Orlando in December for my birthday.  I told my mother right then and there at the airport as we were unpacking the darn thing to get inside to the innards of the handle that she was buying new luggage for me.  So.....thanks to Kohl's it's a done deal already.  

I always love getting gift cards as well.  

• Like 2

Honestly, I admit I'm not easy to buy for. As a single, I buy most anything I want or need for myself as it comes up. What I love most are the gifts that come from the heart. Two years ago, one of my best friends sent me a picture of him and his family I'd not seen before because he didn't know what else to get. Told me he was sorry it wasn't anything better but he hadn't had a lot of time (he works in restaurant management - nuff said). I told him for not having much time he chose pretty well. That picture now sits in a frame on my desk. Last year, his mom sent me a picture of him with his nieces. Another treasured memory. Those are the kinds of things I love more than any "generic" material stuff. 

• Like 3

I am one of those people that hates to be asked what I want. I can seriously never think of an answer. I don't want to ask for something expensive, and of course if it isn't expensive, I've probably already bought it :).   This sounds cheesy, but honestly, from my (grown) kids, I just want them to think of me.  I mean, neither has any extra money, and the oldest has kids he needs to spend what money he has on. So, a hand written note would be perfect. Really. Just something that says "I thought about my mom at Christmas".  Gosh, I hope I don't sound like I'm whining.

• Like 3

I might buy a new Coach purse for my husband to give me for Christmas. If I don't buy anything, I don't get anything and my daughter gets upset for me. But what I really need is a new washer and dryer. Or a new minivan. My Outback is only a 2015 but I really hate it and my elderly relatives have trouble getting in and out of it. I drive them all over since I'm the only housewife of the family.

• Like 2

I might buy a new Coach purse for my husband to give me for Christmas. If I don't buy anything, I don't get anything and my daughter gets upset for me. But what I really need is a new washer and dryer. Or a new minivan. My Outback is only a 2015 but I really hate it and my elderly relatives have trouble getting in and out of it. I drive them all over since I'm the only housewife of the family.

I feel bad that you have to buy your own gifts. I listen to hints my wife drops throughout the year and that usually makes up about half of what my daughter and I get for her.

• Like 4

I feel bad that you have to buy your own gifts. I listen to hints my wife drops throughout the year and that usually makes up about half of what my daughter and I get for her.

He is just weird. I normally just shrug it off, but it seems to bother our daughter more and more. One year, he asked me why I wasn't opening anything and I asked him if he got me anything. I could practically see the light bulb going off in his head, but he still didn't get me anything the next year. I get him a few really nice gifts every year, so it isn't like we don't celebrate. He used to buy me gifts, but the last one was an Ipod with a picture of Johnny Depp as a pirate on the box so I think it was 2003. 

He is just weird. I normally just shrug it off, but it seems to bother our daughter more and more. One year, he asked me why I wasn't opening anything and I asked him if he got me anything. I could practically see the light bulb going off in his head, but he still didn't get me anything the next year. I get him a few really nice gifts every year, so it isn't like we don't celebrate. He used to buy me gifts, but the last one was an Ipod with a picture of Johnny Depp as a pirate on the box so I think it was 2003. 

That's a bummer. I make sure that I get my wife presents and I also take our daughter so she can pick out things for her that she want's her to have.

• Like 1

That's a bummer. I make sure that I get my wife presents and I also take our daughter so she can pick out things for her that she want's her to have.

My husband was the same way. He would say he was going to go shopping for my presents and then never go. Christmas morning would come and I would have nothing to open so I learned to buy my own.

Now I take him out for dinner and then stop at a store and tell him what to go buy me. Lol

No excuses accepted!!

The "big thing" I have on my list this year is a camp kitchen. My son and I go camping twice a year with friends and I have been eyeing a camp kitchen for a while now. Finally went ahead and put it on my list. I sure hope Santa brings it!!

Throughout the year I see things I want and think that I need to make a list for my kids.  But of course I never make the list and now I have forgotten everything I saw that I thought I wanted.  If I was forced to come up with something, purses and boots are always welcome.