Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

What would YOU like for Christmas this year?

43 replies to this topic

#1 abentley  ONLINE  

abentley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 17, 2017 - 11:39 am

I know the first choice for everyone will include " peace, love, health and happiness" for everyone....and I wish those for all.
However as I am working on my gift giving lists, I panic at the thought of what I would like. I have a list in my head at all times of things I would like to buy for myself, home, miscellaneous things I would like to try, UNTIL it gets to be near the holiday or my birthday. Then it goes blank.....
I know there are things I would like? To receive as a gift? It just feels so awkward.......
What gift would you love to receive?

#2 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 1,256 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 17, 2017 - 12:14 pm

Yep, I could have said all those exact words. My birthday is actually this week, so I'm already going through that. I'm like you... I wanna buy a rug for the living room, cabinet for the bathroom... But you can't ask for those things. But then I feel silly saying things like, lighting kit for my Lego castle, or this craft kit to put together...
I ended up just telling mama clothes, and sent her some pictures, but then that ended up hard too.
I'm out of ideas for right now, so I have to start thinking again...

#3 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,750 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 17, 2017 - 5:43 pm

I have actually started keeping a list on my phone so when someone ask me what I want I show them the list. If I get something off the list I remove it. I don't usually buy stuff for myself so the prices of items are varied. I actually want new bedroom furniture (Amish made) so money toward that is the top of my list!! My grown children are glad I started doing this, I always hate it when I ask someone what they want and they say "Nothing" 

#4 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 18, 2017 - 7:40 am

I want a 65+ 4k tv and Dodge Durango or to get my man cave back from the kids. Yea either and I would be happy. I'm very cheap to buy for  :lmao:

#5 Giraffe34  OFFLINE  

Giraffe34

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 19, 2017 - 1:01 pm

I just want gift cards and a stocking stuffer or two.

#6 sunni0913  OFFLINE  

sunni0913

Is it Black Friday yet??

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 19, 2017 - 2:30 pm

I really want a heat press so I have been telling everyone gift cards or cash would be nice..lol. Also each member of my house has an Amazon wishlist for people to get ideas.

" I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life":D

#7 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 19, 2017 - 5:33 pm

Luggage......the handle on my most used piece broke while I was in Orlando in December for my birthday.  I told my mother right then and there at the airport as we were unpacking the darn thing to get inside to the innards of the handle that she was buying new luggage for me.  So.....thanks to Kohl's it's a done deal already.  

I always love getting gift cards as well.  

#8 wittenlover  ONLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 22, 2017 - 8:18 am

Honestly, I admit I'm not easy to buy for. As a single, I buy most anything I want or need for myself as it comes up. What I love most are the gifts that come from the heart. Two years ago, one of my best friends sent me a picture of him and his family I'd not seen before because he didn't know what else to get. Told me he was sorry it wasn't anything better but he hadn't had a lot of time (he works in restaurant management - nuff said). I told him for not having much time he chose pretty well. That picture now sits in a frame on my desk. Last year, his mom sent me a picture of him with his nieces. Another treasured memory. Those are the kinds of things I love more than any "generic" material stuff. 

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#9 Coastiwife  OFFLINE  

Coastiwife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Sep 22, 2017 - 12:29 pm

I would be happy with the newest Janet Evanovich book, new slippers and the entire series of Dawson's creek on DVD DH disagrees and thinks I need to upgrade my iPad

#10 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,914 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 25, 2017 - 5:16 am

Honestly there is really nothing I want this year. Don't need anything for myself. Want to get a new Mac for my wife though.

#11 ytmomof4  OFFLINE  

ytmomof4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 26, 2017 - 12:26 pm

Oregon ducks hoodie

#12 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,004 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 29, 2017 - 4:56 pm

I am one of those people that hates to be asked what I want. I can seriously never think of an answer. I don't want to ask for something expensive, and of course if it isn't expensive, I've probably already bought it :).   This sounds cheesy, but honestly, from my (grown) kids, I just want them to think of me.  I mean, neither has any extra money, and the oldest has kids he needs to spend what money he has on. So, a hand written note would be perfect. Really. Just something that says "I thought about my mom at Christmas".  Gosh, I hope I don't sound like I'm whining.

#13 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 3, 2017 - 10:15 am

Ok I want a White Christmas :)  .... however I do have a list of DVDs and CDs I want and I want more family type picture frames for my walls. I am sure when I start browsing through the BF ads I will come across an item or two that I will want.

#14 msomnipotent  OFFLINE  

msomnipotent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 8, 2017 - 5:59 am

I might buy a new Coach purse for my husband to give me for Christmas. If I don't buy anything, I don't get anything and my daughter gets upset for me. But what I really need is a new washer and dryer. Or a new minivan. My Outback is only a 2015 but I really hate it and my elderly relatives have trouble getting in and out of it. I drive them all over since I'm the only housewife of the family.

#15 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,914 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 8, 2017 - 4:01 pm

I might buy a new Coach purse for my husband to give me for Christmas. If I don't buy anything, I don't get anything and my daughter gets upset for me. But what I really need is a new washer and dryer. Or a new minivan. My Outback is only a 2015 but I really hate it and my elderly relatives have trouble getting in and out of it. I drive them all over since I'm the only housewife of the family.

I feel bad that you have to buy your own gifts. I listen to hints my wife drops throughout the year and that usually makes up about half of what my daughter and I get for her.

#16 msomnipotent  OFFLINE  

msomnipotent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 14, 2017 - 3:22 pm

I feel bad that you have to buy your own gifts. I listen to hints my wife drops throughout the year and that usually makes up about half of what my daughter and I get for her.

He is just weird. I normally just shrug it off, but it seems to bother our daughter more and more. One year, he asked me why I wasn't opening anything and I asked him if he got me anything. I could practically see the light bulb going off in his head, but he still didn't get me anything the next year. I get him a few really nice gifts every year, so it isn't like we don't celebrate. He used to buy me gifts, but the last one was an Ipod with a picture of Johnny Depp as a pirate on the box so I think it was 2003. 

#17 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,914 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2017 - 6:31 am

He is just weird. I normally just shrug it off, but it seems to bother our daughter more and more. One year, he asked me why I wasn't opening anything and I asked him if he got me anything. I could practically see the light bulb going off in his head, but he still didn't get me anything the next year. I get him a few really nice gifts every year, so it isn't like we don't celebrate. He used to buy me gifts, but the last one was an Ipod with a picture of Johnny Depp as a pirate on the box so I think it was 2003. 

That's a bummer. I make sure that I get my wife presents and I also take our daughter so she can pick out things for her that she want's her to have.

#18 cln29  OFFLINE  

cln29

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 18, 2017 - 2:59 pm

That's a bummer. I make sure that I get my wife presents and I also take our daughter so she can pick out things for her that she want's her to have.

My husband was the same way. He would say he was going to go shopping for my presents and then never go. Christmas morning would come and I would have nothing to open so I learned to buy my own.
Now I take him out for dinner and then stop at a store and tell him what to go buy me. Lol
No excuses accepted!!

#19 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,055 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2017 - 4:38 pm

I'm happy with anything nightmare before christmas, gift cards, or lottery tickets :) Tickets to concerts, band t's/tanKS and silver jewelry are a little more specific

#20 bethed  OFFLINE  

bethed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 18, 2017 - 6:35 pm

A week long vacation in a cabin. Probably Pigeon Forge ❤️

#21 stacyk9  OFFLINE  

stacyk9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 19, 2017 - 10:23 am

The "big thing" I have on my list this year is a camp kitchen. My son and I go camping twice a year with friends and I have been eyeing a camp kitchen for a while now. Finally went ahead and put it on my list. I sure hope Santa brings it!!

#22 Doresia  OFFLINE  

Doresia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 20, 2017 - 8:30 am

Throughout the year I see things I want and think that I need to make a list for my kids.  But of course I never make the list and now I have forgotten everything I saw that I thought I wanted.  If I was forced to come up with something, purses and boots are always welcome.

#23 avsfan  OFFLINE  

avsfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 23, 2017 - 3:41 pm

Nothin'. Which is cool, since that is what I expect to get. :squint:

#24 Illinoismom  OFFLINE  

Illinoismom

sometimes you have to let go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,727 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2017 - 5:10 pm

I would love a new one of these to show 23022243_10210439036235467_645679635_n.p

#25 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,004 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2017 - 5:12 pm

I would love a new one of these to show 23022243_10210439036235467_645679635_n.p

Do they stay little?

#26 Illinoismom  OFFLINE  

Illinoismom

sometimes you have to let go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,727 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2017 - 5:20 pm

Do they stay little?

no my almost 10 month old one is about 50 pounds 

22281737_10210310083491729_6871052010864

#27 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,914 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 31, 2017 - 5:21 am

I had to look it up because I'm not a star wars fan but when little it looks like an Ewok. :)

#28 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 31, 2017 - 8:16 pm

Finally found something I want 😍😍...I am asking my son for this:

8789fd41db8024209439b485d084f28c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

#29 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 1, 2017 - 4:00 am

I love Dooney bags and that Key Lime color is great! I just bought myself a new one from QVC last week. I’ve been waiting on the perfect “As Is” bag and it finally came through. Spending that much for a purse boggles the mind but I love it. :)

#30 Love4Fashion  OFFLINE  

Love4Fashion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 Posts
  • Member since 2017

Posted Nov 1, 2017 - 1:42 pm

I would really love a weekend spa vacation in the Wisconsin Dells that includes wine and outlet shopping just for me!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users