How many people do you shop for during the holidays?

Elmck

It is so interesting to me to think about how lists change over the years! As kids grow, and your family becomes larger. Jobs change, and the coworker/ employee numbers change with it.

Right now I am:

14 family

14 coworkers that I supervise

3 co worker/ work exchanges

7-10 neighbor types

4 -8 friends

Plus my husbands list. Guess I better get BUSY!

14 family, plus our 1 set of friends and their son. So 17 total. Then maybe a few co-workers for small things.

I know what you mean about things changing through the years. Years ago we'd also get together with/buy for husband's family and that was another 20 or so people, depending on the year.

Well, this year we even tossed the kids names into the extended family swap so only 2 gifts there instead of 8+. Convinced my DH's siblings to draw names so cut that down from 5 to 2. Add in parents, our DS, and a set of grandparents, to make 12-13 if you count myself and my husband. Much more manageable, especially since I'll be becoming a SAHM soon, our income is going to go down. And we're building a house, don't need to buy tons of stuff this year. Quality over quantity.
  • Like 1

Thankfully my family is so huge we dont shop for anyone at all. Seriously I have 6 sisters and 2 brothers, everyone has at least 1 kid except for 1 sister. Most of them have 4-5+ kids.

So with that said, Dh, dd, ds, MIL, FIL, 1 niece+ long term boyfriend, 1 nephew + almost wife :), 1 teacher this year (yay!), if we do something at work 1 co worker, DHs boss.

Its fine with me because we spend an insane amount on dd and ds. DS is almost done (I need to update that list) and we are around 1200-1300 on him alone. DD we've already spent 300 on 1 present.

• Like 1

About 20 family members, plus the friends and friends of friends that magically appear at dinner (I'm not complaining), my daughter's friends, and charities. My sister is a teacher in the inner city, and there are always a few kids that don't have coats or didn't get a Toys for Tots gift. Then there is Toys for Tots and the wish tree at my daughter's school. Thank God our families do grab bags for the adults. 

• Like 2