Official Black Friday APPLIANCES Discussion Thread

Brad

I am in need of a single serve Kcup coffee maker.  What is the best deal?  I am hoping for find one for $40 or less.  Doesn't have to have water reservoir. 

I am going to STRONGLY advise you to not get one of these.  You really should only consider brewers with a reservoir.  It is more convenient to use these since you can easily choose different brew strengths PLUS the water is always hot.  My favorite is t he Office Pro which has a commercial pump.

It looks like Staples has this brewer plus 140 cups for $100.  

• Like 1

I bought all my appliances at Best Buy.  Most of them i was able to pick up as "open boxes" or floor models.  I only bought the microwave as new.  Opened up a Best Buy card to get the extra rewards, got a gift card for purchasing an entire set.  They also threw in free 5 year extended warranties on the fridge and oven.  I scored!!  The fridge alone retailed for about 2500 and I got it for 1100. 

I bought mine around Labor Day - didn't wait for BF!

I'm looking for a secondary fridge for the garage (in Wisconsin where the winters often go below 0 degrees) so I don't want to spend too much, but also don't want it to die just after the warranty runs out. I'm looking at a Frigidaire at HomeDepot right now for $398, but may hold out a bit until some of the other BF ads are leaked.

Have you checked your local Habitat Resale stores?  Mine routinely has appliances  - they work - people just upgrade.

• Like 2

Hi all I'm new to this process this year. On the hunt for a black refrigerator and a washer/dryer set for our new home.

Question, why are the prices of Black refrigerators substantially more than Stainless Steel. I'm looking at Sears ad and for all the *deals* when I go online and choose a different color for the same model the price is $200-$700 more. Is this a glitch? I've always been told SS was the most expensive.

And today, what's going on with the funny pricing buisness? I've been looking at two bottom-freezer fridges (single door). The Whirlpool WRB322DMHV and the Kenmore Elite 79049. The KE is supposed to be on sale for $999 but only the SS is showing that price. All other colors are $1299 and it's worse for other brands too. As for the Whirlpool, both Lowe's and HD showed this as $898 just yesterday when I was physically in the stores and now just prior to Black Friday the prices have gone up to $1300+ plus. WTH?

I literally can't tell how I'm supposed to get a *deal* when the prices keep changing. Is this a browser glitch or something? I'm trying to pick up the Fridge Washer/Dryer for under $2K total but now I have my doubts. What am I doing wrong?