Official Black Friday TABLETS Discussion Thread

Brad

As always, we have several dedicated threads for the hotter items each Black Friday. Please try to keep all discussion related to these items in their official threads. Other threads posted will likely be merged into this main thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wondering if there will be any deals on the new kindle fire tablets. I know they're already pretty cheap, but an extra deal would lure me into buying more than one, since a

few of us in my family are due for tablet replacement this year.

This wasn't on my initial list to shop for but lately my old  iPad 4 sure is getting cantankerous and so slow so I might be in the market for a new iPad if the price is right.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings to find one less than $299 which is what Best Buy has them priced at now.  I only have 16GB storage on my old one so would be nice to see an increase in that as well. 

My mom told me tonight that her and dad would like tablets for Christmas. I am thinking Amazon Fire 7 for them. Anyone familiar with these? They only want them for facebook, reading books, bank apps. Will these be easy to use on wifi for people not very computer savvy?

My mom told me tonight that her and dad would like tablets for Christmas. I am thinking Amazon Fire 7 for them. Anyone familiar with these? They only want them for facebook, reading books, bank apps. Will these be easy to use on wifi for people not very computer savvy?

It will be perfect for that. I got one 2 years ago when I needed to replace my broken Nook.  I use it primarily for reading.  My library offers ebooks and audio books thru 3 different services so between my Nook and Fire I haven't had to purchase a book in over 6 years (or even better pay late fees at the library - 1 year I had $100 in late fees - ouch).  It's the perfect size that I never leave the house without throwing it in my purse so I'm never stuck waiting without something to do.  I prefer reading ebooks but I will download audiobooks if that is the only version of a book the library carries.  It's easy to check facebook and email.  I haven't done my online banking using it but don't think it would be difficult.  Since most of those activities are all done by using the touch screen it's very user friendly and easier than doing the same things on cell phone since the screen is larger.  I just recently downloaded the Alexa for Kindle app. It's touch activated instead of voice activated to launch (hold down start button for a few seconds and Alexa will ask what you want).  I frequently set a quick alarm (when I take a nap and don't want to oversleep, or have something in the oven - simple as "set alarm for 145pm).  I add items to a shopping list "add milk to shopping list" at store "show me shopping list". I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to add appointments or events to my calendar yet.

• Like 4

It will be perfect for that. I got one 2 years ago when I needed to replace my broken Nook.  I use it primarily for reading.  My library offers ebooks and audio books thru 3 different services so between my Nook and Fire I haven't had to purchase a book in over 6 years (or even better pay late fees at the library - 1 year I had $100 in late fees - ouch).  It's the perfect size that I never leave the house without throwing it in my purse so I'm never stuck waiting without something to do.  I prefer reading ebooks but I will download audiobooks if that is the only version of a book the library carries.  It's easy to check facebook and email.  I haven't done my online banking using it but don't think it would be difficult.  Since most of those activities are all done by using the touch screen it's very user friendly and easier than doing the same things on cell phone since the screen is larger.  I just recently downloaded the Alexa for Kindle app. It's touch activated instead of voice activated to launch (hold down start button for a few seconds and Alexa will ask what you want).  I frequently set a quick alarm (when I take a nap and don't want to oversleep, or have something in the oven - simple as "set alarm for 145pm).  I add items to a shopping list "add milk to shopping list" at store "show me shopping list". I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to add appointments or events to my calendar yet.

Agreed. Those would be your most cost effective for quality solution.

Wondering if there will be any deals on the new kindle fire tablets. I know they're already pretty cheap, but an extra deal would lure me into buying more than one, since a

few of us in my family are due for tablet replacement this year.

Looks like the NEW Kindle Fire HD 10 for $99 at Target on BF will be the deal to beat! Great tablet for a great price.