What time do you get in line?

RossMAN

The reason I don't grab them when I get there is because they have ropes around all of the items on sale for BF. Employees walk around all morning and if you have any of the items in your shopping cart before 6:00A.M. they will reach in and take the items out of your cart. At 6:00 A.M. they will drop the ropes and winners take all.

Does anyone know if anymore Wal-Mart's do this?

Here.. the 24 hour WM's aren't even open on Thanksgiving. They give that day to the families to spend time together. They close up and reopen at the time for the BF sales. Ours gives out maps outside the store while we are in line, describing where each item is located, in what part of the store that blitz item is located at and how to get there. It helps out somewhat, so while you are in line you can figure out what way you wanna run when you get in there. That is, if you don't have a cart, cuz if you grab one, you aren't getting anywhere! Then again if you don't have a cart, you still may not get anywhere! :rotflol: I hate it when people that do have them run the backs of your feet over..OUCH!

Me and my mother always arrive at Wal-Mart around 2-3am. The supercenter here stays open all night, we go in get some coffee and start scouting out the items we want. They usually have everything out on the floor by 4am. Big shrink wrapped pallets with 2 employees guarding each of them, at 6 they make an announcement overhead and all hell breaks loose. Our closest BestBuy and Circuit City are 2+ hours away but I may have to make the drive if they have any of the computer stuff I want for christmas on sale this year.

I go to Best Buy at 1:30 and use to be 2nd in line, now I'm about 20th. Still I get everything I wanted. computers, tv, hard drives, burners, dvd's, dig camera, memory, all the limited stuff. They pass out tickets so as long as your there upfront, you will get the specials, no need to hurry once your in the door. Then its off to Office Max. Still lots left. Then Compusa. Good thing they open later. I end up walking in with the line. Miss the real limited stuff. An hour later, same at Circuit City. I walk in at the end of the line. This is the 7th year I've done this and look foward to this every November. I have showed others how to score these great deals and save $1000's in rebates. Awsome web site you have here!!!

Have never gone to Best Buy on BF, but might have to this year. Is there a limit on the big items etc....? So they give you item specific tickets?

Thanks

Pam

What time do I get in line?? ......I dont!.....Couple of years ago, I saw the day after thanksgiving ads at Best Buy a few days early. So I made the purchase the evening before the sale started, and returned the day after Thanksgiving for my "price adjustment". About 1 hour before closing at Best Buy, the employees were stacking out the "day after thanksgiving" sale items, so this confirmed what i suspected would be in the ad. Picked up a few items at regular price, came back later on the "day after thanksgiving" for the "price adjustment" hehe

This year, I will probably buy some memory at Compusa at regular price, and do the same "price adjustment" on the day after thanksgiving. I am not a early morning person, my AM is in the PM :)