What time do you get in line?

RossMAN

Last year my mom and I got to Wal mart at about 5 am and we where about 25 people back. This year we are going to go a little earlier. Kmart opens earlier but I went there after Walmart and still go every thing on my list.

I also went to Big Lots on Thanksgiving day and got there about 5 or so and I was about 5th in line. The line was down the parking lot by the time they opened the door. Everyone wanted the 99 dollar recliners and they only had 5! Some very disappointed people that day.

Here's another dilemna.

How do you decide which stores you go to and in which order?

You must prioritize!

Computer addiction comes first. :)

I miss black friday. No sales like that over here in Germany. The Military BX black friday sale isn't all that great.

I think that my wife and I will be going skiing in the Alps this Thanksgiving instead. :)

I leave when there is no one else to talk to online.

So that is around 1-2am.

I go to the store that has the main thing I want.

The last time it was a videocard for computer, so I went to best buy.

It sucks going alone though, on one to talk to.

That is why I bring my phone and call random friends and wake them up from when I leave till opening of the store. Gets them mad but its funny!

You must prioritize!

Computer addiction comes first. :)

I miss black friday. No sales like that over here in Germany. The Military BX black friday sale isn't all that great.

I think that my wife and I will be going skiing in the Alps this Thanksgiving instead. :)

I must agree with you. Computer products come first for me. With TV/DVD's a close 2nd.

Lucky dog going skiing in the Alps, have fun and take lots of pics :fedora:

The last couple of years I have gotten in line about 2 am at Best Buy. One year I was about number 3 last year I was about number 7. I usually don't plan on being that early but I can not sleep so I figure what the heck...lol. Usually by the time I get out of the store I figure why bother with any other stores because nothing will be left plus it is the pits looking for a parking spot.

Well after last year when there wasn't a single person in line at Circuit City at 5:00 a.m., I think I'll just go there around opening time. If there's a line, oh well, there's nothing I want REALLY badly this year. I wouldn't mind getting some tool deals at Sears though, that'll be my second and probably final stop.

Up here in the great state of ND, the kmart opens its doors at 5:00. Then Menard's about 6:00 as well as walmart and Then the mall and it's stores open at 7:00. So I just go to kmart first then to Menard's, Walmart, Then the mall. Our Target is attached to the mall. Last year I think I went to Paper wharehouse first before the mall. They had a good deal on christams bags. Gift wrapping ewwwwwww!

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my 4 SIL's go to different stores WalMart, Kmart, Target, and Toys R Us we take my husband, one of his brothers, and our 2 oldest neices. We all split up and go to different stores at 3am and get what we each want and the items that the others want then we meet at the mall.

Melissa

Well, all my BF stores are about an hour away. So I wake up about 4a.m.(oops forgot had to pick my mom up last year.... I left my house at 3:30 a to pick her up a 1/2 hour out of the way) and get there about 5 a.m. I usually do Toys R Us first with comp. ads then off to J.C. Penney for their snowglobes (have to get those for my niece) then it is off to Target. Anything after that is just luck of the draw. Last year I was one of the last one to fit inside the double door area of ToysRUs we were all packed in like sardines. Everyone was nice though trying to help people see where the stuff was in the store that was on their lists.

Most of the time I'm there at 4 am for stores that open at 6 am. I have been doing this for years! Normally take one of the oldest daughters with and drop her off at one store, then hubby drives to another, and I'm usually posted at WM. We all end up back at WM together before I get done. :2wiggle:

When ads come Thanksgiving, we go to eat at my parents. Hubby and brother n law take the kids out of the room and my sister, mom and myself go over the battle plan. For the last 4 years, KayBee Toys in my area always has the best deals for what I want. They open at 5am so I usually get in line at 2am. 2 Years ago I got in line at 12:00am, yes midnight, because they had $19.99 GameBoys and $4 games, and also $15 Fur Real Cats. I never go to bed the night before as Im too excited to go to sleep!! My hubby thinks Im nuts, but the security guards who patrol KayBees have become my friends over the past 4 yrs!! Same older guy works the mall so he stands with me for awhile.

I go to Best Buy at 1:30 and use to be 2nd in line, now I'm about 20th. Still I get everything I wanted. computers, tv, hard drives, burners, dvd's, dig camera, memory, all the limited stuff. They pass out tickets so as long as your there upfront, you will get the specials, no need to hurry once your in the door. Then its off to Office Max. Still lots left. Then Compusa. Good thing they open later. I end up walking in with the line. Miss the real limited stuff. An hour later, same at Circuit City. I walk in at the end of the line. This is the 7th year I've done this and look foward to this every November. I have showed others how to score these great deals and save $1000's in rebates. Awsome web site you have here!!!

At this rate, BB's rumured stuff has nothing I want. So I might be sleeping in. Unless CompUSA or BB has videocards or computer stuff, I wont be going out

There are bound to be a lot more BB deals. We don't even know if the listed items are the real sale items. CompUSA should also have some nice deals as they do pretty much every year on BF.

I'm usually at BB by 3:30 AM. Line position varies each year but at 3:30 I will land between #3 and #10 in line.

My strategy is to be out the door within 10 minutes. 1 year I went with a friend who wanted a PC, which kept us in the store too long. The check out line took 1.5 hours by the time we made it through.

3 years ago, BB opened at 6AM and CompUSA at 7AM - don't know if they do that anymore. So I was in and out of BB in 10 minutes. I pulled up at CompUSA about 6:15 and I was 1st in line! By 6:45 there were 30 people in line, nearly all from BB. Ha!

Don

I work for one of the major retailers who shall remain nameless. My best advice is for stores like K-Mart,Target,and Wal-Mart,look for the nearest 24 hour SuperCenter if one is within a reasonable driving distance. These stores are usually open all night so you can go in and start looking around whenever you want without standing outside in the weather for long periods. Many of these stores run all-night,unadvertised specials;set up free coffee and doughnuts for early-birds and will allow customers already in the store an opportunity to see how and where the associates are setting up for the start of the sale at the designated time so you can "map out" exactly where to be lined up for the kick off.

The time is usually 3:30 or 4:00am. We get together on Thanksgiving and map out our route. Where to go all depends on where the things are we want the most. But I didn't know Walmart does price matching. That's a darn good idea! So I figure, this year I'll get the makes and model #s of the best deals here, go to Walmart before the big day to make sure they have exact models, then do what I can, all in one store.

Last year was my first BF, and was not really prepared for the mayhem, I only had one item I really wanted the $79.88 Gamegube from Walmart, and was able to get it, and then spent 2+ hours in the checkout line of TRU, this time I hope to get a computer, anybody here from the El Paso Texas area know how early the lines start over here? Because by the time I got to BB the checkout line started at the entrance door ;-)

RCWC

We are usually to the stores by 4am.....the last few years We've started out at Kohls but this year we are looking for electronics so I think we may have to start even earlier. At 4am the line for BB was around the corner of thier building as we drove by.

The GOOD news is that there is a Krispy Kreme right next door ROTFL

HUrray for coffee and donuts, that should keep my energy up!

Well, I used to make a list, make a plan of attack & usually I would send hubby out to actually stand in line to get things. He was really good about getting out there at 5am or whenever necessary. I think it all started back with the Tickle Me Elmo craze.

Last year since we were able to find out in advance what was going to be on sale from all the wonderful online info we just made our list & shopped ahead of time. Target, Sears, TRU all have policies that if you buy something and it goes on sale within a certain period of time you can bring your receipt back for a price adjustment. Then on Black Friday hubby just took the receipts and went and had the adjustments made.

For the last two years my mom, a friend, and myself go to our local Super Wal-Mart and get there about 4AM. That way we are inside out of the cold, we have a great parking place, and we get to see where everything is located. What we do is everyone goes and stands by the thing we want most and grab how many ever we need at 6AM. Last year we were in checkout by 6:30A.M. and out the door by 7:00. As a tradition my mom use to take me and my three sisters to the mall for the BF sales. That always kicked off our Christmas. My dad would stay home and get all of the Christmas decorations out of storage. That way when we got back we could start decorating the house. Ok Now I am weepy eyed about memories

We are going to my moms for thanksgiving and so we are shopping in Fla .. I will get up around 2am because she lives about an hour from Best busy :yawn: .. I should be in line around 4 ish after I get DH up and out the door.. If I was at home I would leave around 4 and be in line by 430.. I love this time of year... :clapping: