Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Do you have a dedicated server?

9 replies to this topic

#1 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 12, 2004 - 4:53 pm

If so what is your favorite dedicated web host provider and why?

VPS's are also welcome.

#2 DeviousTrap  OFFLINE  

DeviousTrap

Ignore me, I'm a trap!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 12, 2004 - 4:58 pm

The Planet - Cheap servers, and good network. People have been complaining about their support responses slowing down, but frankly I don't care. Reboots are instantanious, and me and/or my admins can usually handle all server problems. :) To this date I only contacted their support team once for RDNS on each server. *knock on wood*

#3 geekgirldany  OFFLINE  

geekgirldany

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 12, 2004 - 9:05 pm

I've got VPS at ServInt. They were recommend on this forum. I really like how quickly they reply to my questions. Especially my "newbie" questions. I usually get a response in 15 minutes or less! I also like that they mail out paper receipts. A big plus with me is that they have been in business since 1996. After the Angelnetwork fiasco I felt alot better going with a company with a good standing record.

#4 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 12, 2004 - 9:19 pm

geekgirldany, excellent choice I must say :) Did you go with cPanel or DirectAdmin?

#5 geekgirldany  OFFLINE  

geekgirldany

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 12, 2004 - 9:21 pm

I stuck with CPanel. Although DirectAdmin certainly does look alot nicer. I really liked it. But alot of people prefer the Cpanel.

#6 paradox  OFFLINE  

paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 13, 2004 - 12:33 am

Once I read these books and teach myself enough, I beleive my favorite will be myself :) ServInt is good for uptime and sturdy hosting, but their customer support gets a big thumbs down. Refer to my rant for details.

#7 geekgirldany  OFFLINE  

geekgirldany

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 13, 2004 - 12:09 pm

I saw your post. I think it depends on who you get. I had one fellow that could not understand about a customers website counter not showing. Took a few emails to get him to understand.

#8 nsusa  OFFLINE  

nsusa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 21, 2004 - 7:57 pm

I got a dedicated server with Servermatrix/ThePlanet and are quite happy with it. Support is good. Occasional network problems - but basically the same level that I experienced at Httpme.com Christoph

#9 Ankit  OFFLINE  

Ankit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 21, 2004 - 8:19 pm

I got a dedicated server with Servermatrix/ThePlanet and are quite happy with it. Support is good. Occasional network problems - but basically the same level that I experienced at Httpme.com

Christoph

If I ever move up to a dedicated server, that's what I think my combo might be :)

#10 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 27, 2004 - 12:17 am

GottaDeal.com recently upgraded to a 100% managed dedicated server from HTTPme.COM

The difference is amazing but it does come at a $$$ price $$$

Brad still has a VPS with ServInt.net which he is happy with and I am test driving a VPS from VPSColo.com which I'm not that impressed with so far.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users