Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Budgeting for Black Friday - something to start thinking about now

34 replies to this topic

#31 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Aug 1, 2017 - 9:10 pm

Lol, my husband is pretty much cash only; every day he empties his pants and tosses it. Every so often I empty out wallets and vehicles. At least once a week we sort it by coin type in individual jars. The jars are in our bedroom. We used to save change for specific things; brought our first Wii when they were released with change. Now we go from year to year and use it strictly for Christmas shopping.

We've made a game of it and try to beat each years amount the following year; we easily have over $150 in quarters already. I also wrap as I go along because it needs to be wrapped for our credit union to accept it. This way we pay no fees using coinstar or anything.

That is awesome!!!! Maybe I will give it a try for next year...

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

#32 ytmomof4  OFFLINE  

ytmomof4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 3, 2017 - 7:20 am

I save all year with Swagbucks,Shopkick, and saving catcher.i can usually get a pretty good chunk done with those

#33 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Aug 7, 2017 - 7:17 am

I save all year with Swagbucks,Shopkick, and saving catcher.i can usually get a pretty good chunk done with those

I love Shopkicks...I started using it last year...unfortunately, I only take advantage of the kicks for walking in certain stores because I usually don't have the time or energy to scan items for more kicks...my goal was to try to earn enough to get a $100 Walmart GC, but that is not happening w/o doing scans...

#34 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 7, 2017 - 7:53 am

I do saving catcher, but never heard of ShopKicks. Will have to investigate .... Thanks 

#35 ytmomof4  OFFLINE  

ytmomof4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 8, 2017 - 3:31 am

I love Shopkicks...I started using it last year...unfortunately, I only take advantage of the kicks for walking in certain stores because I usually don't have the time or energy to scan items for more kicks...my goal was to try to earn enough to get a $100 Walmart GC, but that is not happening w/o doing scans...

The scanning is time consuming and irritating if they don't even have the item.Unfortunatly I don't get a ton of walk in kicks but since I have been using Shopkick I have got $100 in Walmart cards it takes along time to accumulate enough.

Swagbucks is much better if you want to try it out send me a pm and I will send you a link

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users