Official Black Friday Countdown/Anticipation Thread

Brad

Welp is was that time of year for me to reset my password to hop back on! Black Friday 2017! Wooo

Sent from my SM-G935P using GottaDEAL mobile app

So funny you mention this...I have to reset my password every year as I can never remember it lol. I now use Google Chrome as my browser and I had it save the password to my account so hopefully this will be the last year of password resetting for me lol. 

Back is as messed up as ever, got surgery on my arm planned for the 27th of this month, my body is already completely drained, my a/c unit is leaking, I lost my glasses, and to top it all off the seasonal roaches gave me notice their moving in with me this year. But it's Black Friday season! Hopefully soon I can get a new PC to do the charts with before the ads really hit.

Rain or shine, in sickness and in health, Black Friday is gonna continue to rock onward! :)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sister (and Black Friday partner of many years) has just informed me she has applied for a part time position at Walmart! WAL-FREAKING-MART! She can't work at Walmart! They will make her work on Black Friday. She can't work on Black Friday, she has to be with ME on Black Friday!  I mean, I know she needs the money, especially with Christmas coming up, but right now I need to selfishly make this all about ME. What is she THINKING??   :gdcensored:

• Like 2

My sister (and Black Friday partner of many years) has just informed me she has applied for a part time position at Walmart! WAL-FREAKING-MART! She can't work at Walmart! They will make her work on Black Friday. She can't work on Black Friday, she has to be with ME on Black Friday!  I mean, I know she needs the money, especially with Christmas coming up, but right now I need to selfishly make this all about ME. What is she THINKING??   :gdcensored:

I know where you're coming from! My sister (and Black Friday partner of many years) went to visit her in-laws one year over Black Friday! I ended up going out by myself but it just wasn't the same...for either of us. She said that her sister-in-law didn't even want to go out shopping till at least noon! I'm ready to crawl back in bed by that time! Luckily, she told her husband she'd go there any time with him, but never again over Black Friday. She told him it's been our tradition for years to go out together. He just laughs at us, but he and my husband both agree that Black Friday is OUR day! :D

• Like 1

Funny thing is I think a lot of us do this more for the fact of we have done it forever. I can do all our shopping online in the middle of the night while working on the site here and get everything. BUT I only get the things I know I will miss because we don't go out on Thanksgiving. We still leave a lot of it and head out at our normal time and follow same traditions we have for many years now.

• Like 1

I go out shopping with my mom and sister. Mama really likes that Kohl's opens in the evening, and she wants to go every year after we clean up from dinner. And then we usually go home and get to sleep at a normal time, then we're up early to be at Home Depot for poinsettias and batteries. Then we wander around the shopping center, maybe head into Target, and wait for Petsmart to open at 7. I get cat litter and dog treats and toys and stockings. But I may not this year, as we lost one of our dogs a few weeks ago. :( Besides the sadness of not buying her toys, I don't really need treats, because I still have some from last year, and they will go much slower now.

Then we will probably head home. I don't particularly care to get up early. But as long as mama wants to get to HD at opening, I will.

Funny thing is, by this point, I will have not only already have ordered most everything I want, some of the Kohl's stuff I will already have! More than once I have spent hours shopping with them in the middle of the night... Without making a purchase! They don't order anything ahead though, so I'm always helping them carry their stuff. Last year we finally remembered to bring our own shopping bags!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing is I think a lot of us do this more for the fact of we have done it forever. I can do all our shopping online in the middle of the night while working on the site here and get everything. BUT I only get the things I know I will miss because we don't go out on Thanksgiving. We still leave a lot of it and head out at our normal time and follow same traditions we have for many years now.

Yes I agree. Most everything is bought online ahead of time but it is tradition for my mom and I to go out. Last year we were leaving on vacation Friday and had to leave at 4 for the airport but we still managed to go out shopping.

• Like 1

Yes I agree. Most everything is bought online ahead of time but it is tradition for my mom and I to go out. Last year we were leaving on vacation Friday and had to leave at 4 for the airport but we still managed to go out shopping.

That's dedication to the tradition :)

• Like 2

It's honestly kind of depressing once it's all said and done. Then I have to wait for Christmas itself then it's all blah till it starts up again for the next year. I think we are all BF addicts.

I am the exact same way...one year I literally got a little depressed because Christmas and shopping was over...i listened to Christmas music and watched movies until like January/February...this is why I appreciate this site so much, no one in my immediate circle wants to start talking or even thinking about BF or Christmas in September/October...lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 3

I've gone from 3 children still in the home to all 5 out.  The 2 girls were my helpers.  I know 1 will be home for black friday so she will help, but i think the other will have to work.  I really want to see the major ads so i can start my game plan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...