Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Official Black Friday Countdown/Anticipation Thread

72 replies to this topic

#61 jewleyp  OFFLINE  

jewleyp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 10, 2017 - 12:18 pm

I just bought my new journal for holiday notes and reminders ; have sight holiday excitement anxiety and want to decorate.... yep must be the fist of September !

#62 whywhere0000  OFFLINE  

whywhere0000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 13, 2017 - 8:07 pm

Welp is was that time of year for me to reset my password to hop back on! Black Friday 2017! Wooo

Sent from my SM-G935P using GottaDEAL mobile app

#63 jade6700  OFFLINE  

jade6700

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 13, 2017 - 9:02 pm

My list is waiting....excitement building since Costco and now Lowes are starting to put out Christmas decorations!!!!!! 

#64 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 14, 2017 - 4:08 am

My list is waiting....excitement building since Costco and now Lowes are starting to put out Christmas decorations!!!!!! 

Oh dear.  I have to go to Lowe's today.  I really need them to not have holiday decorations out.  I don't need the temptation yet.  LOL

#65 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 14, 2017 - 5:21 am

I went to the Dollar Tree yesterday to pick up a "few" things and they already have some Christmas decorations out...the temptation is real...lol...

#66 stewarta4  OFFLINE  

stewarta4

Black Friday Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Sep 14, 2017 - 10:29 am

Welp is was that time of year for me to reset my password to hop back on! Black Friday 2017! Wooo

Sent from my SM-G935P using GottaDEAL mobile app

So funny you mention this...I have to reset my password every year as I can never remember it lol. I now use Google Chrome as my browser and I had it save the password to my account so hopefully this will be the last year of password resetting for me lol. 

#67 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,341 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy

Posted Sep 14, 2017 - 10:39 am

Back is as messed up as ever, got surgery on my arm planned for the 27th of this month, my body is already completely drained, my a/c unit is leaking, I lost my glasses, and to top it all off the seasonal roaches gave me notice their moving in with me this year. But it's Black Friday season! Hopefully soon I can get a new PC to do the charts with before the ads really hit.

Rain or shine, in sickness and in health, Black Friday is gonna continue to rock onward! :)

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#68 Fishboysmom  OFFLINE  

Fishboysmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,184 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 25, 2017 - 4:16 am

Black Friday Countdown Clock

59 days from today.  :g_thumble

#69 mgreen  OFFLINE  

mgreen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 3, 2017 - 6:42 am

don't know whay to do this year, we were supposed to be moved before black Friday, hasn't happened. Anything i buy will just add to what i have to move.

Sent from my SM-G955U using GottaDEAL mobile app

#70 Bopeep  ONLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 12, 2017 - 1:10 pm

My sister (and Black Friday partner of many years) has just informed me she has applied for a part time position at Walmart! WAL-FREAKING-MART! She can't work at Walmart! They will make her work on Black Friday. She can't work on Black Friday, she has to be with ME on Black Friday!  I mean, I know she needs the money, especially with Christmas coming up, but right now I need to selfishly make this all about ME. What is she THINKING??   :gdcensored:

#71 ilikefree  ONLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 13, 2017 - 3:51 pm

My sister (and Black Friday partner of many years) has just informed me she has applied for a part time position at Walmart! WAL-FREAKING-MART! She can't work at Walmart! They will make her work on Black Friday. She can't work on Black Friday, she has to be with ME on Black Friday!  I mean, I know she needs the money, especially with Christmas coming up, but right now I need to selfishly make this all about ME. What is she THINKING??   :gdcensored:

I know where you're coming from! My sister (and Black Friday partner of many years) went to visit her in-laws one year over Black Friday! I ended up going out by myself but it just wasn't the same...for either of us. She said that her sister-in-law didn't even want to go out shopping till at least noon! I'm ready to crawl back in bed by that time! Luckily, she told her husband she'd go there any time with him, but never again over Black Friday. She told him it's been our tradition for years to go out together. He just laughs at us, but he and my husband both agree that Black Friday is OUR day! :D

Sometimes the thoughts in my head go for a walk out through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing. :no:

#72 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 13, 2017 - 6:26 pm

Funny thing is I think a lot of us do this more for the fact of we have done it forever. I can do all our shopping online in the middle of the night while working on the site here and get everything. BUT I only get the things I know I will miss because we don't go out on Thanksgiving. We still leave a lot of it and head out at our normal time and follow same traditions we have for many years now.

#73 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 13, 2017 - 6:48 pm

I go out shopping with my mom and sister. Mama really likes that Kohl's opens in the evening, and she wants to go every year after we clean up from dinner. And then we usually go home and get to sleep at a normal time, then we're up early to be at Home Depot for poinsettias and batteries. Then we wander around the shopping center, maybe head into Target, and wait for Petsmart to open at 7. I get cat litter and dog treats and toys and stockings. But I may not this year, as we lost one of our dogs a few weeks ago. :( Besides the sadness of not buying her toys, I don't really need treats, because I still have some from last year, and they will go much slower now.
Then we will probably head home. I don't particularly care to get up early. But as long as mama wants to get to HD at opening, I will.
Funny thing is, by this point, I will have not only already have ordered most everything I want, some of the Kohl's stuff I will already have! More than once I have spent hours shopping with them in the middle of the night... Without making a purchase! They don't order anything ahead though, so I'm always helping them carry their stuff. Last year we finally remembered to bring our own shopping bags!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users