What did you buy? How were the crowds? Share your experiences here!

Brad

As always, let's have this single thread for you to share what deals you scored, both online and in stores, as well as any experiences you feel like sharing about the ordering/shopping process and how the crowds were if you went to brick & mortar stores.

At Walmart i got the basketball goal, 36 pc Rubbermaid food storage, pogo sticks, emoji pajamas, and jvc bass headbands. At Kohl's I got the virtual reality headset and the SO Camis. I'm still after the basketball for $8.50

At Walmart. Hoping they will be back in stock. The Rubbermaid food containers were showing out of stock but just kept checking and they returned back online. Yeah!!

• Like 1

Still shopping, but so far; Sonicare from Sam's Club, and about 18 blu-rays :runaway:from Best Buy and Walmart. Great deals as a lot were under $10 ea. Lot's of recent releases: Beauty and the Beast, The Jungle Book, Star Trek: Beyond and several TV seasons (Flash, Gotham and such @ $15 ea).

BTW, the Online BF Tracker worked great. It took me right to the movies I wanted to buy. Thanks to everyone who help put it together along with Stationchief's charts.

Edited by bpr
  • Like 2

Ok, its 4:50 AM. Adding to my list I was able to get a GoPro 5 black for $309 after $50 instant savings and $20 GC ($379-$70) thru AAFES. I got Battlefield 1 for the PC for $30 (x2, one for me and one for my son) at Best Buy. Picked up the PS4 version of Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition (whatever that means) for $20 at Best Buy. Getting my list knocked down.

• Like 2

Went to Staples.com . Added the Keurig (Item #853653) to my cart. Added Green Mountain Coffee Nantucket Blend Keurig KCup pods 72 ct (Item #2488663) to my cart. Redeemed 30% off any one regular-priced cleaning and break room item coupon online. Used Visa Checkout. 

The brewer is on sale for $79.99. The coupon reduces the VERY GOOD k-cups to $24.49 bringing total to $104.48 which enables $25 off 100 Visa Checkout bringing cost down to $79.48. Minus the $15 easy rebate nets to $64.48. If you figure the k-cups as being $0.30 each, that comes to $21.60 which makes the coffee maker a bargain at $41.88. Used Staples Gift Cards from Discover to pay to knock off another $15 and for a $25.88 commercial quality single serve coffee brewer shipped to my home for free.

Happy shopping!

• Like 3

Kohls- 2 pairs of slippers. LOL  Used the Nov code for 15% off and used 10 kohls cash too. :)

Dollar General- 3- 3month live cards 50% off (12.47).

Walmart (online)- Battlefield 1 for the xbox one for 27.xx

That's it for now. I'll be out later shopping!

• Like 1

I just got to my mom's house. Went to Dollar General in a neighboring town to get the B1G1 copper skillets my mom wants for Christmas. Got those, went to th DG my sister was at in our hometown, they had a whole display of skillets. Oh well. Mom's done, and gift swap gift is too. And I saved over 50% off regular price! Watching the parade now. And prepping for Walmart tonight.
  • Like 1

I grabbed the Garmin Vivosmart HR from Best Buy and Powerbeats3 from Target. The powerbeats aren't on sale from what I have seen, but used my red card for 5% off. I wanted to get the Apple Watch series 2 from Target for the same reason but they aren't available online  :no: .... Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be anything left for me to worry about. Time to enjoy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

Got the ipod touch from Kohls it wasnt on sale so $199 but by adding another $1.50 item I was able to get $60 back in kohls cash $10 in yes 2 you rewards and I went through ebates getting $16 back so I ended up with the ipod for $113 I couldnt find it anywhere cheaper so Im pretty happy with this deal!

• Like 2

Managed to snag the Nikon D5300 camera from Costco. $599 includes newer lenses than the Best Buy one, but also included a bag and memory card which no one else has going. Used a $25 off $250 online discount code, so total came to $574 + tax, free ship and 5% back with chase freedom.

• Like 2

Target: NBA2K17 for Xbox one

Walmart: Chromebook, 2 pogo sticks, Xbox one wireless controller, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare; men's/ladies fleece sleep pants

Victoria's Secret $30 cowl neck hoodie

Amazon: Fire Stick

I think that was it for last night but I've been hitting Kohl's and Target since Sunday morning. A few more items and this girl is done :)

Tomorrow, I'll be at Home Depot for the $79 tree and then Bath & Body Works.

Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 1

Black Friday 2016 shopping is officially in the books for me.

What I got online:

Kohl's: 5 bras, 3 Big One throws, a pair of gloves, Holiday scarf, Holiday broach, mattress pad, holiday outdoor mat, Tek gear sweatshirt, 2 St. Nicholas Square travel mugs for coworker gifts and 2 pair of Cuddl Duds lounge socks.

Best Buy: Bella air fryer, Sony Bluetooth speaker, HP printer, 5 blu-rays

Walmart: 56' Outdoor Snowman decoration, Beauty and the Beast blu-Ray, Wonder Woman fleece PJ's, Big Bang Theory Season 9 DVD

Walmart in-store tonight:

2 packs of washcloths, McAfee software, the Altec Lansing mini Bluetooth speaker, 2 of the $4.88 board games for work toy drive.

I REALLY wanted the Pioneer Woman cookware set but I have got to give my credit cards a rest now. :)

Walmart store experience was the best I've had in years. Regardless of the past rules, the Employees were cutting the plastic off the pallets by 5 so mom and I got everything gathered up and parked ourselves in the checkout line. We were first in the checkout line so once the registers were "live" we were checked out and back in the car at 6:04. Back to the house by 6:10 CST. Happy camper. :)

• Like 1

Easiest shopping ever.

Walmart: Got there at 5:30. Got two of the infared heaters and the Sharpie set in the cart and had my girlfriend wait close to checkout. Went over to the main food aisle and got the Sanyo blu ray player and headed to the front. Out of the parking lot by 6:10.

Target: Grabbed Finding Dory, Allegiant, Mocking Jay 1&2 and the Grave Digger r/c. Line for check out was kinda screwed up. Went along the front wall of the building and up through pet food to the front. No one knew where to get in line because some of aisles were not blocked off. Line went super fast. Out in about a half hour. Also picked up the Skullcandy Ink'd wireless that I ordered for store pick up.

Everything else I ordered online this morning and Monday. Got everything on the want list without issue.

• Like 1

Best Buy- printer and 2 TVs online. I tried buying 2 TVs at once but could only do one per order. Hoping my 2nd order doesn't get cancelled.

Did a bunch of random gifts on Amazon. Mainly to get done. Some on sale some just a better price than other stores.

Sears- online Shop vac. I don't think it was a Black Friday price but was on sale.

• Like 1

Walmart said this was the worst BF ever. I managed to get everything I wanted except the hatchimal. The first walmart I went to allowed everything to be sold before 6:00 and even checked me out and I was out the door. Got the 3ds for $99 which online claimed was completely out. Then went to target and toys r us and they were dead too. No lines at all. Went to another walmart a few miles away and found a ds just tossed aside and grabbed it up. No one was snapping up the tvs or anything. I was shocked really. Anyone else have this? Is bf dead?

• Like 1

The small Walmart I went to was dead at 4 pm when I got there. I mean there were a ton of buggies and usually there's not one to be had. We walked around at will for at least 45 minutes then decided to plant ourselves in the checkout line. The closer it got to 6 pm the more crowded the store got though. Anxious to go back tomorrow morning and see what's left.
  • Like 1

In my black friday online shopping last night I got San andreas at best buy, zoolander 2 at target, two pairs of slippers, pair of pj pants, and a pj set at walmart. Gonna go to kohls and walmart here after the colts steelers game.

my store experience was nothing to crazy. the first walmart I went to had a certain you had to walk around and all the lanes sectioned out for checkout although nobody really in them. Got a minion snuggie like thing and like 5 of the 1.96 movies and pixels on blu ray. The store itself was crazy though the way they have everything set up made it hard to navigate.

Next I went to kohl's the line was around an hour wait so we came back later.  We went to the other walmart like 10 mins away and it was dead didnt even seem like black friday. I got one of the danskin womens hoodies and found a pair of russell mens pants that matched on clearance and got ride along 2 and central intelligence.

Went back to kohls because I had a $10 of $10 coupon to spend. Found a tek gear shirt and a star wars tumbler and my purchase came up to 9.98 so so I had to sit and think what the cheapest thing they had was. Found a greeting card for $1 to push me over 10. Check out wasnt to bad was maybe in line for 40 mins. Was texting my mom who was 15 people or so behind me.

I kinda missed the excitement and craziness of it all.

Edited by sf49erfreak
  • Like 1

Three hour wait for iPhone 7 upgrade with gift cards.  I ran home and grabbed my laptop and I've been sitting in the parking lot doing homework.  All of my other shopping will be done online.

I didn't get here until after 830--store was busy but not insane, and there were plenty of the doorbuster televisions and whatnot still available.

• Like 1

Online at 5:00 a.m. :  Target - Overwatch PS4, Watch Dogs PS4, Skylanders Imaginators PS4, Sonic Boom Fire and Ice 3DS

Amazon: COD Infinite Warfare

Tonight I went to Toys R Us for the first time in a few years for BF because it used to get so crazy there and the line was so long, it just never seemed worth the trouble. But I wanted to see if I could score either of the Nerf doorbusters for my son.  We got there around 7:30, walked right in and found both guns (don't remember their names but they were $20 and $30) and also got 3 of the Skylanders gem things for the new game 3 for $20, so basically B2G1.  And then we walked right up to the checkout lane, which was roped off but empty, the guy told us which checkout number to go to, and that was that. I commented on how smoothly it was all going and asked him if there was a line when they opened and he said yeah.  It couldn't have been that crazy though. I remember the check-out line taking two hours to get through one year!  Definitely wasn't expecting to stroll right through and be done. 

Anyway, after that we headed over to Target to pick up my online orders from this morning.  There wasn't a wait at the desk and she got my order right away.  Done and done.  Decided to walk around and there were about as many people there as what you would find on a Saturday, nothing crazy. Ended up grabbing a christmas sweater,  a Skyrim PS4 game, and a Kirby 3DS game while we were there.  

We were all done and it was only 8:45 so we went over to WM just to see if they had the $20 doorbuster Nerf gun, but we couldn't find it anywhere.  They were already moving things back, which is something I came across last year too and thought was weird.  Gone are the days of the pallets sitting there all weekend, I guess.  I asked a few employees if they had seen where the Nerf was set up, but none of them knew and they all just said check over in toys.  Well, it wasn't a huge deal so we looked around for a half hour but didn't buy anything.  And that was that.

My Amazon order shipped, which is awesome.  And I already picked up my Target games from this morning so that was awesome too, no waiting in line. So while Black Friday is definitely dead and completely different than what it was even just 5 years ago, it does make for an easier overall experience. I don't have to set an alarm or wait outside any stores, and Target's online order/pick-up process just couldn't be smoother.  I had a lot of luck with them last year, too.  

• Like 2

Let's say Bestbuy was doing crowd control from the start, people were still waiting to get inside the store when I left after an hour inside, just browsing.  Everything went smooth the crowds were there, but Best Buy controlled the crowd.  Hit Target and around 6 p.m. they had just about stopped controlling the crowd, almost just walked right in.  Next I hit a Macy's inside a mall, but there was no crowd so in and out in a timely manner.  Then I went to Kohls to browse around, there was no crowd control just the checkout lines were from the registers to the back of the store about to the middle of the store.  Crowds were the worst there, I think because you had to try to shop while trying to walk thru the lines to checkout.

I bought 4 blurays and a Garmin Fit Watch at Bestbuy.  Best Buy kept things orderly and used their ticket system I think that is a huge key to the success of things there.

Target I didn't find anything, went mainly to look at movies etc.  They had plenty of Dory Bluray, just didn't find anything.  Lots of TV's laying around the aisle, Target was organized and planned out, I just didn't see anything.  The checkout lines for target were up and down the makeup aisles so even though it was busy still had room to walk around.

Macy's was the store where I shopped the most.  Ended up with two nice men's dress shirts, two ties to go with them, 2 4 quart steamer, soup pots for $10 regular price is $50 on sale for $20 with mail in rebate for $10.  And purchased three Samsonite Luggage locks for $9.35.  Macy's was barely anyone for Black Friday,

Kohls was a disaster most of the doorbusters were empty and they hadn't cleaned up all the boxes.  The checkout lines were at the back of the store from the front by the registers, I didn't find anything so just left.  It was clearly over capacity, Couldn't shop and barely move, trying to go n between all the people to checkout. 

Having shopped online already at Bestbuy and being amazed they went live at Midnight and it went smoothly.  I didn't really see anything other than a few TV deals that were great deals.  Probably one of the least times I shopped on Black Friday, will see what tomorrow brings.  Then again when you regularly visit GottaDeal and find deals all year round.  I don't see small discounts as worthy of the time to go instores to buy. 

• Like 1

I picked up 3 DC Hero Barbie type dolls on Amazon this afternoon.  Not sure if they were "Black Friday" sale items but they said "sale" and they were nearly 50% off what everyone else wanted for them.  Went out around 8:30pm.  Nobody in our group really had any must have's just more went to a few stores to see what was left.  

Started at Bonton, got the $19.99 boots, the memory pillows and comforters. We were in and out in about 15 minutes.  No lines to check out, walked right up to a register.

Went to Rue 21 because we actually went to see if Maurices was open (it wasn't) and it's right next door.  Did pretty well there.  Ended up with 3 pairs of jeans and 2 shirts for $52 (I love their jeans and the ones I bought 2 years ago are still in great condition-- which is surprising for cheap clothing).  Funny enough, Rue 21 had the longest line we waited in :-).

Went to Target, got a decent parking spot without much effort.  Though it was close to 10:15 by this time.  Long shot but checked to see if they had any of the beats left. Ours did have a ton of the earbud one's left but none of the headphones. Ended up with more boots and comforters, lol.   Only had to wait about 3 minutes to get to a register.

Ended at Walmart and it was deader then can be.  It was about 11pm.  I've seen 11pm on an average Friday night be busier.   We got NOTHING. There was tons of stuff left  Including those darn recliners they had (this is ironic because just a few days ago I bought the Serta massage recliner they had for $239) because I thought there was no way I was getting the one on sale knowing we wouldn't get there until late.  I'm assuming the $99 Lenovo (?) tablet was not a big seller because they must of had several hundred of these still sitting there.  I almost grabbed one but no real need for it.  Anyway, they did have no lines you could walk right up and check out.  

For us, Black Friday is just gone.  It's not the same as when we used to leave around 2am and wait for the stores to open and make a day of it.  I do miss all that strategy and the rush of getting those doorbusters at the first store we'd go to.  

• Like 1

Just ran over Kohls.  Great that the promos did not require their card.  Also nice to see ebates giving 10%.  

HoMedics Comfort Touch Shiatsu Massage 
Women's SONOMA Goods for Life™ Knit Boot Slippers
Dearfoams Men's Microsuede Berber Fleece Clog Slippers

In all cases, I was shopping for product not price, but was happy to reel in the discounts.

• Like 1

Went to Home Depot this morning and got the $79 tree. Drove over to Target and took advantage of 30% off clothes with an additional 15% off using cartwheel and of course my 5% red card discount. Then we sat for about 15 minutes waiting for PetSmart to open. Still didn't hit Bath & Body Works; I'll see if I feel like it later. If not, then I'll order online.
  • Like 1

The wait for the phone ended up being just about 6 hours.  They had one kid working both computers trying to get people set up and easily 2/3 of the people trying to upgrade either hadn't checked eligibility or didn't  have the information they needed to do the upgrade.  And they were RUDE!  Not his fault you don't have the info you need or you don't pay your bill.  The guy next to me argued with the tech rep for 15 minutes because he wouldn't commit identity fraud after "I've been waiting for six hours and nobody told me I couldn't do that."

The poor kid working had been there since 530p and when I left at 345a, he still hadn't had a chance to take a lunch break.