Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Best LOW COST smartphone to be used ONLY as mp player

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zardoz1  OFFLINE  

Zardoz1

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Nov 23, 2016 - 7:32 am

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase an MPx player with color screen, Wi-Fi and full support Bluetooth as a gift. It seems MPx players have all but died except for the super cheap and super expensive. Other than the super expensive none support Wi-Fi anymore. So, that leaves me looking for an inexpensive Android smartphone to be used exclusively as a mp player. It will not be activated with a carrier. Now for the question...

Can you recommend the best VERY inexpensive smartphone to be used as a mp player? Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are a given so the issue becomes battery life and audio quality and of course a plug-in memory card!

My goal hopefully with Black Friday sales is to not spend more than $50 or so for the smartphone so that I can populate it with some music before shipping it to my niece!

Thanks,

#2 riven3d  ONLINE  

riven3d

• 2,516 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 23, 2016 - 7:45 am

not sure why you would want to use a smartphone as an mp3 player, not sure if that would even work, most ones your going to find under $50 its going to be a cheap one that has a low battery life.

iPod is still out there, i think Target even has them on sale in their ad, but they are not cheap.

#3 Rellim1960  OFFLINE  

Rellim1960

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Dec 8, 2016 - 9:03 am

Check out apples refurb iPods, they use new covers so they're like brand new

#4 Rellim1960  OFFLINE  

Rellim1960

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2016