Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Help support GottaDEAL and use these links when shopping online this week. For more stores, see our store directory.

Photo

Best LOW COST smartphone to be used ONLY as mp player

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zardoz1  OFFLINE  

Zardoz1

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Nov 23, 2016 - 7:32 am

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase an MPx player with color screen, Wi-Fi and full support Bluetooth as a gift. It seems MPx players have all but died except for the super cheap and super expensive. Other than the super expensive none support Wi-Fi anymore. So, that leaves me looking for an inexpensive Android smartphone to be used exclusively as a mp player. It will not be activated with a carrier. Now for the question...

Can you recommend the best VERY inexpensive smartphone to be used as a mp player? Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are a given so the issue becomes battery life and audio quality and of course a plug-in memory card!

My goal hopefully with Black Friday sales is to not spend more than $50 or so for the smartphone so that I can populate it with some music before shipping it to my niece!

Thanks,

#2 riven3d  ONLINE  

riven3d

• 2,189 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 23, 2016 - 7:45 am

not sure why you would want to use a smartphone as an mp3 player, not sure if that would even work, most ones your going to find under $50 its going to be a cheap one that has a low battery life.

iPod is still out there, i think Target even has them on sale in their ad, but they are not cheap.

#3 Rellim1960  OFFLINE  

Rellim1960

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Dec 8, 2016 - 9:03 am

Check out apples refurb iPods, they use new covers so they're like brand new

#4 Rellim1960  OFFLINE  

Rellim1960

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 Posts
  • Member since 2016