Using expired Kohl's cash

Monstermile

I am very diligent about using Kohl's Cash before it expires. Well I have $40 that I earned last week and there is absolutely nothing I want or need to purchase until Thursday because the items I want didn't go on sale on the site yet. My KC expires on Wednesday. What are the chances that I will still be able to use my KC either online or in store after the expiration date???

I know online I've had zero luck using expired KC, even a day later. Never tried in-store. Anybody you know need anything from Kohl's that you could use your KC on and have them pay you for it? (Just an idea.)

Yeah I thought as much. And no not really. No one I know shops at Kohls. Wish there was a way to turn it into cash. Or at least store credit.

My area Kohl's stores have gotten very strict on accepting Kohl's cash and will no longer accept expired cash.  I also have $20 right now and am holding out hope that maybe something hits by Wednesday at an amazing price :)

Edited by nikkilugi

My area Kohl's stores have gotten very strict on accepting Kohl's cash and will no longer accept expired cash.  I also have $20 right now and am holding out hope that maybe something hits by Wednesday at an amazing price :)

One time I was in my local store they told me that they usually let it slide if it is less than a week. But I hate to chance it. If they had only put up the only two ad items I wanted early. They weren't doorbusters either.

Kohl's has really cracked down on using Kohl's cash after the expiration date. I wouldn't chance it. If you're really having a hard time spending it, you can always buy baby clothes or new winter boots to donate. That's what I always do when there's nothing I want or need.

• Like 1

My friend has asked at customer service before and they have let her use expired Kohl's cash the following week- they say it can be used as long as the system accepts it.. I try to use mine before it expires. I usually buy washcloths or dish towels if I can't find something I want.Then I have a ready gift or something I can always use.

My wife worked for Kohl's until about 18 months ago.  They used to have a policy that they would take KC no matter how out of date it was.  Since she left the company they cracked down and the rule was you could not use it in store if it was expired.  However, we have found that the policy is enforced differently store to store.  Our local store will accept them in person for up to 7 days.  I would ask at your local kohls what their policy is.

My wife worked for Kohl's until about 18 months ago. They used to have a policy that they would take KC no matter how out of date it was. Since she left the company they cracked down and the rule was you could not use it in store if it was expired. However, we have found that the policy is enforced differently store to store. Our local store will accept them in person for up to 7 days. I would ask at your local kohls what their policy is.

Yeah when I was talking with the cs girl in the store today she said rhe reason for rhe crackdown was people selling their KC.

Maybe use it to buy something that rarely goes on sale (so you don't have to worry about getting shortchanged on your refund) and then return it to get store credit (that would have no expiration)?

I don't think this works anymore - I think the last time I purchased something with Kohl's cash, they reduced the return value of the item so you don't really get the cash back.

If you buy something that is 13.00, and use 10.00 Kohl's cash, then your receipt says a return value of 3.00.

I don't think this works anymore - I think the last time I purchased something with Kohl's cash, they reduced the return value of the item so you don't really get the cash back.

If you buy something that is 13.00, and use 10.00 Kohl's cash, then your receipt says a return value of 3.00.

Can't you return it without the receipt?

Just wanted to share my recent experience.

I placed an online order and had it set for store pickup.  I used Kohls cash.  I didn't make it to the store before it was returned (one week I believe).  It was automatically returned, and I received an email with the value in kohls cash with a new expiration date.  

And my recent experience:

I bought $160 in merchandise. Used $130 in KC, then 20% off coupon, then some in Gift Card and the rest on Credit Card. Decided to return one item and got back the portion (prorated) back on CC, and the rest back in KC, which is good for the next month, not expiring this weekend.