Amazon Echo or Echo Dot - Anybody have one?

Kash

I am trying to decide if I should get the Amazon Echo or just a few echo dots.  We have a large family and a couple levels to our house.  Everyone LOVES their music in the shower, kitchen, bedrooms, etc.  Does anyone have either the Echo or the dots that could give some pointers? I checked consumers report yesterday and they did not rate them very high. 

I didn't think about this. I bet the kids would love doing this to listen to music in their rooms (we have Sonos speakers almost everywhere else, too). I just need to check whether I can prevent them from ordering stuff....

Also, I feel like if they get Dots, then I should get an Echo that I want. Maybe next year?

• Like 1

Do you really want open microphones all over your home?  Do you trust Amazon with conversations had in 'the privacy of your home'?  

Good point! I'm glad I asked first. A former friend has the Echo, other than that I don't know much.  I just know it is a pain to try to connect to the different blue tooth speakers and if someone else didn't disconnect then the next person cannot connect. I was trying to make it simple.  Thank you!

My son and husband each have their own Bluetooth speakers, one for their room (or wherever), and a waterproof one they hang in the shower. No one else connects so no confusion. We really like the Mpow waterproof speakers found on amazon. Those are fairly inexpensive. That might be an alternative.
  • Like 1

Don't you have to touch the dots to activate their microphone?

My son and husband each have their own Bluetooth speakers, one for their room (or wherever), and a waterproof one they hang in the shower. No one else connects so no confusion. We really like the Mpow waterproof speakers found on amazon. Those are fairly inexpensive. That might be an alternative.

What is the source the speakers play from? They are 5&6 so they don't really have a song library or anything. They just listen to radio or pandora or amazon playlist.  

What is the source the speakers play from? They are 5&6 so they don't really have a song library or anything. They just listen to radio or pandora or amazon playlist.

Oh.... For littles you may have to stick to something like echo/dots. My guys use their phones. They have music from Google music and Groove music.
  • Like 1