Toys R Us Questions

jenkelley

Despite the fact that I have 3 kids, I've never stood in line at TRU to get any doorbuster.  So I have a few questions.

Do they keep items in their normal place?  I know some stores have random things all over the store.

It is a ride on toy - I assume as normal I pick up the slips and check out and pick up in back?

Do they give out "tickets" before hand to people waiting in line?

Will they give me a price adjustment on BF if I buy at regular price before hand?

Thanks in advance!

will answer what i can here

Do they keep items in their normal place?  I know some stores have random things all over the store.

Last time ive shopped there and its been years yes

It is a ride on toy - I assume as normal I pick up the slips and check out and pick up in back?

I dont know the answer to either of these sorry

Will they give me a price adjustment on BF if I buy at regular price before hand?

I dont think so, but I could be wrong

Just be aware this store is crazy, if your going to shop in store, plan on going very very early to be in line, you want to be towards the front of the line or you might not get what you want, the wrap the check out line around the whole store, so you might want something on one side of the store and cant get there because of the checkout line. They also only let so many people at a time in the store so if you arrive later be prepared to wait beyond store opening before you can even get in, my experience way back was a 1-2 hour, from store open to checkout and leaving.

Despite the fact that I have 3 kids, I've never stood in line at TRU to get any doorbuster.  So I have a few questions.

Thanks in advance!

Doorbuster and hot items will be in palette displays in the middle of the aisles (or tucked over in babies r us section). You'll want to ask where your item will be.

Yes, pick a slip and pay for it. You'll pick it up around back.  A few years ago I was able to order it online Thu morning and pick it up that night. You run the risk of getting it canceled, but maybe I got lucky.

Yes, there are certain items they will hand out tickets for.

I highly doubt they will give you a price adjustment on BF. I've done that many times on regular sale items and just brought the receipt back the next day, or even two days; but I'm guessing not for BF.

As Riven mentioned, beware that this store is crazy and while the checkout line is usually organized, it takes a LONG time. The line weaves you through the games section and they have line monitors at various points.

I'm thinking a ticket on this one. They can't fit those ride-ons anywhere in an already over-crowded store. I bet you'll get a ticket before you even go in the store, rather than having to go back in the ride-ons section. Best to check with your store manager about their plan. Though, I wouldn't bother until this weekend; as employees (and even managers) are often clueless as to what's going on until right before it goes on...

How early are you planning to go to get in line? 

your best bet is the store your going to shop at, go and talk with the store manager and ask, in past years when abouts where people in line, usually they can tell you as they will remember those crazy customers

.....of which OP is now going to be one this year :)

I know my local store people will be in line all day long at TRU so if someone showed up at 3pm they would be somewhere in the 500 range in the line, its a mad house I dont ever want to go near and like ive said in the past they just dont have anything i want that i cant get elsewhere for cheaper