Think anyone will price match TRUs BF price for iPod Touch?

stacya

TRU will have them $50 off, BB will have them $25 off.  I'm leaning toward just getting it online (if able), from BB on Thanksgiving, rather than chance it and wait it out at TRU.  But I know sometimes Amazon will change their prices to match BF ads, so that's also an option, if that were to happen.  I haven't been in the market for this kind of item, as my kids are 12 and under, so I don't know what to expect...

Consider buying refurbished from Apple. We did almost 10 years ago & it is still going strong. Not to mention, at that age if something happens to it, like they lose it or it gets stolen, you aren't out quite as much.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod

Thanks for the link.  I will keep checking there.  My oldest will be 13 in January, and is super responsible, so I don't expect that he'll lose or damage it, as he has my old one (and even without the case!!), and he's been OK with it for over a year now, but the problem is that it's so old, you can't update anything on it anymore.  It's looking like it's only $30 cheaper for the refurb, even with the new ones at regular price, though double the memory, so I will likely still go new, just so it'll last him longer to be able to update apps and operating systems.

The short answer is NO to price matching gift cards etc.  The only thing they will price match is the manufacturers price.  So if for example Apple says to sell it for $190.  They may or may not match it depending on if its got a door buster package with it or not.  Any packages are store specific for Black Friday ONLY during those hours ONLY.  Things you may be able to price match are MOVIES, basically every store makes a package with a unique bar code and unique only to black Friday.  So you cannot match because the item is not exactly the same.  What you need for a price match is no gift cards, nothing extra, any bundle and they cannot.  As its technically not the same item.  If its just the IPod touch advertised for $190, from a manufacturer they may be willing to price match.  But if that's the case the supply will be there, so go later during the day.  The stores will look at the ad, so take one with you.  Be nice ask the customer service to price match this product for the ad, grab ONE copy or two.  But not 20, They may or may not have been up all night so be nice.  Chances are if the manager has to be called over to look it won't take long.  They can look it up on said store online.  Yes that is the price, change it to that particular price and away you go.  The KEY is the ITEM has to be IDENTICAL.  They might be willing to match the price without the gift card, but then it should already be there from the manufacturer at that point.  ANY PACKAGES ARE SPECIFIC TO THE STORE SO I'D SAY 99.9 % OF THE TIME, BUNDLES ARE NO TO PRICE MATCHING. 

• Like 1

The short answer is NO to price matching gift cards etc.  The only thing they will price match is the manufacturers price.  So if for example Apple says to sell it for $190.  They may or may not match it depending on if its got a door buster package with it or not.  Any packages are store specific for Black Friday ONLY during those hours ONLY.  Things you may be able to price match are MOVIES, basically every store makes a package with a unique bar code and unique only to black Friday.  So you cannot match because the item is not exactly the same.  What you need for a price match is no gift cards, nothing extra, any bundle and they cannot.  As its technically not the same item.  If its just the IPod touch advertised for $190, from a manufacturer they may be willing to price match.  But if that's the case the supply will be there, so go later during the day.  The stores will look at the ad, so take one with you.  Be nice ask the customer service to price match this product for the ad, grab ONE copy or two.  But not 20, They may or may not have been up all night so be nice.  Chances are if the manager has to be called over to look it won't take long.  They can look it up on said store online.  Yes that is the price, change it to that particular price and away you go.  The KEY is the ITEM has to be IDENTICAL.  They might be willing to match the price without the gift card, but then it should already be there from the manufacturer at that point.  ANY PACKAGES ARE SPECIFIC TO THE STORE SO I'D SAY 99.9 % OF THE TIME, BUNDLES ARE NO TO PRICE MATCHING. 

TRU has it for $50 off, and BB has it for $25 off, no GC incentive.  I don't know if WM would match those (I don't think they match $$ off, or is it just % off they don't match?), but I guess I'm more wondering if Amazon will lower their price on BF to "match" TRU's price, to get the business.  Or even if Apple will match that price online?  I guess I'm going to hope that it's an early doorbuster next week, so I know whether or not I have to wait in line to get in on BF, or I'll probably just go ahead and get the one at BB, just so I can get it online, rather than chance it at TRU...

Have you signed up for Apple Emails, maybe they would send u the information early.  Just a suggestion.  I know I've already seen Samsungs Ads for everything.  Not that Samsung is doing good, but lots of companies email out their deals.  As a way to attract business to their sites.  Even some Walmarts are not price matching anymore.  That might be up to the manager at your store, if they know you by name and always see you there.  They may be willing to work with you.  I'd grab it at Bestbuy online and then try to see if Amazon or someplace else has a better deal.  Newegg.com also has lots of Black Friday deals.  Normally its sent out via email.  Maybe even an Apple Store Ad would feature it.  The hardest thing is getting a store to say ok that is identical.  Good Luck.  You can always return it if you see a better deal on cyber monday.  Never know with Amazon.

• Like 1

Have you signed up for Apple Emails, maybe they would send u the information early.  Just a suggestion.  I know I've already seen Samsungs Ads for everything.  Not that Samsung is doing good, but lots of companies email out their deals.  As a way to attract business to their sites.  Even some Walmarts are not price matching anymore.  That might be up to the manager at your store, if they know you by name and always see you there.  They may be willing to work with you.  I'd grab it at Bestbuy online and then try to see if Amazon or someplace else has a better deal.  Newegg.com also has lots of Black Friday deals.  Normally its sent out via email.  Maybe even an Apple Store Ad would feature it.  The hardest thing is getting a store to say ok that is identical.  Good Luck.  You can always return it if you see a better deal on cyber monday.  Never know with Amazon.

I haven't signed up for Apple emails, but I will.  I'm pretty sure I get emails from newegg as well, but I will double check to make sure.  Thanks for the advice!