Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Vizio smartcast 65" tv from Sams

3 replies to this topic

#1 jcarr492  OFFLINE  

jcarr492

Frazzled Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 12, 2016 - 2:19 pm

Ok we bought the Vizio 65" smartcast tv from Sams one day special this morning. Are we only able to watch Hulu, Netflix, etc using the apps on our phones to cast to the tv? Is there a way to just connect our Roku directly to the tv and use it? I do t do change well and all this crap is just a pain in the butt. My kids are gonna be irritated if they can't just turn on the tv and the Roku is already on to use.

Help!!!
Julie

#2 Rellim1960  OFFLINE  

Rellim1960

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 12, 2016 - 2:38 pm

Is it a smart tv? If it is then those apps are built in already. I recently bought a Vizio 4K Smart TV and I love it but if I had to do it again I would not buy a Vizio. I've been thinking of getting rid of cable and just using our smart tv and an antenna for local channels. Well lo and behold I find out my Vizio Tv (all newer Vizios) no longer are built with a tv tuner . I can buy an adapter/tuner so we can get OTA channels. I'm angry I did not know this ahead of time. Basically Vizio produces monitors as these are technically not tvs.

#3 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2016 - 9:24 am

Are you saying if you have the input on your Roku and you turn it off then when you turn it back on it's no longer on that input? If so that's a huge pain in the butt and why I avoided another good deal on A 55" TV. If you're asking if you can hook up the Roku and use it then you should be able to it's just an HDMI connection.

I for one am NOT a fan of this new smartcast garbage. I don't want to use my phone to stream things to my TV why would I want to tie up a second device that has NOTHING to do with my TV.

#4 Rellim1960  OFFLINE  

Rellim1960

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 13, 2016 - 11:57 am

No I love the Smart Tv part, it's a button on the remote that brings you to a screen with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, crackle, YouTube etc etc.
Vizio makes the tvs so you cannot watch tv with just a antenna, there is no tuner in them.

The Tv comes in perfectly with cable.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users