Hot item: Nintendo NES Classic - anyone order one today?

Brad

I wish I could have gone. Not happy at all :(

Congrats to you :)

Sad thing was most people was there to scalp the NES.... There was a huge blow up when one lady found out a few ahead of me was there only to sale it. "It was cold and raining in the early hours of the morning for almost 6 hours and you are going to sale it when my child wants only that for Christmas". She went off. She was a little woman but you could tell if they went back and forth she was going to lay into them. 

• Like 1

Sad thing was most people was there to scalp the NES.... There was a huge blow up when one lady found out a few ahead of me was there only to sale it. "It was cold and raining in the early hours of the morning for almost 6 hours and you are going to sale it when my child wants only that for Christmas". She went off. She was a little woman but you could tell if they went back and forth she was going to lay into them.

There's a woman who bought some up to sell at the closest store to us in Johnson city, TN. She posted them on a local yardsale site for $250. There's over 200 comments and most are not so pretty.
  • Like 1

I think what makes me the most crazy about this process is that I don't have brick and mortar options living ina very rural area. If it isn't in Walmart, I can't have hope. My orders have gotten cancelled, and I cannot track any stock even an hour away. Am not faint of heart and LOVe the challenges of somethings.. I was able to get 6 hatchimals into kids hands for Christmas.....no increase in price.....just a fun thing to help do for some parents that cannot get to store because of our crazy work hours. We are at school preparing for the day at 5:30-6:00a.m. I am about to give up hope!

I think what makes me the most crazy about this process is that I don't have brick and mortar options living ina very rural area. If it isn't in Walmart, I can't have hope. My orders have gotten cancelled, and I cannot track any stock even an hour away. Am not faint of heart and LOVe the challenges of somethings.. I was able to get 6 hatchimals into kids hands for Christmas.....no increase in price.....just a fun thing to help do for some parents that cannot get to store because of our crazy work hours. We are at school preparing for the day at 5:30-6:00a.m. I am about to give up hope!

Don't give up hope. If I can get my hands on another one I will let you know. I am surrounded by all of the stuff and game stores as well. I'm hoping they will get tired of me calling and just save me one when they come in. 

I think what makes me the most crazy about this process is that I don't have brick and mortar options living ina very rural area. If it isn't in Walmart, I can't have hope. My orders have gotten cancelled, and I cannot track any stock even an hour away.!

That's my problem too. Even Walmart is 25 miles away.

I'm giving them a rain check and hoping to find one in January or February.

What I don't understand is if they are getting one unit what business is it of hers or anyone's what they do with it? If they stood in line for 6 hours and got one unit why should she care? She was standing in line and was eligible to get one as well. How does anyone know if her claim that is the only thing her child wanted was true? I would have asked her that once she made that statement out loud. I would have looked at her like she sprouted two heads if she acted like that over a toy. I understand the rush but the demand will die down just like with all things. I'm glad my son has not expressed an interest but good luck to those on the hunt if I hear of any I will post.

I do not like the drastic markups people are selling them for, I do think it's wrong but if people were not paying the prices they would not be selling them. What would happen if the resellers were stuck with the units because thy marked them up too high???

Edited by Dyva247

Well Urban Outfitters was a bust. They sold out in 5 seconds.

I doubt I will get one for Xmas. Good thing it's for me :) I am over am hour from the,closest stores. I do have a Gamestop and a Walmart and both say they doubt they will see any before the new year.

We are in the woods. Lol

If anyone hears of it available again please let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GottaDeal mobile app

Edited by racerfan

Well to be fair Neither MS or Sony are very good at that either. I seem to remember PS4, PS3, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox one going for QUITE a bit more than retail in their release times.

At least on release XBox one was available on Black Friday. I know because I purchased one for my Son, then on Black Friday I got to Walmart early and purchased another one and returned the original .  I had the option for the PS4 also, I could have gotten both if I wanted.  I know my  Walmart had over a hundred of each. I was first on Thanksgiving day.

Even after Black Friday, we saw Xbox One and PS4 units once afterward.

Nintendo does not have the supply for the holiday season.  What they have had out, is nothing compared to what at least Xbox One had on release.

Well to be fair Neither MS or Sony are very good at that either. I seem to remember PS4, PS3, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox one going for QUITE a bit more than retail in their release times.

But all of them were available within a few months after release. It took me a year to finally find my son a Wii.

Tap'd from my 7+

But all of them were available within a few months after release. It took me a year to finally find my son a Wii.

Tap'd from my 7+

Its a Nintendo problem, They never have enough of a supply when they have a release.  I pre ordered my Wii so we picked up on day of release.

• Like 1

The Walmart by the job I was working at that time had the Wii. At that time both myself and my manager were able to get one without a problem. No one shopped that store at the time so we were able to get hot items with no issues. No longer work there and the area is heavy populated now so I'm sure it's no longer the same gold mine it once was...[emoji23]

I got the Wii shortly after release, same for Wii U. I however had a really hard time finding an Xbox One. Original Xbox I had a few of them, kept stalking places and bought 2 or 3 of them. No didn't make money on them got them for a couple of friends who wanted them for their kids and had a hard time getting them. I remember getting them and picking up the box for the first time and thinking OMG this thing feels like it's filled with bricks.

I'm really surprised by the flat out need for the Classic Console. All of the others that have come out from Atari and Sega you could get them at places like Big Lot shortly after release and even on release day were super easy to get. I really didn't see this big of a market for this thing. Now the new 3DS I think it was stupid to release so few of them, I wonder if they really hurt themselves by releasing 2 products at the same time. Can't even imagine how bad it would be had they released the Switch at this time also.

I'm not making excuses for them I just think all of them are bad at it.

Edited by Kanyon71
  • Like 1

But when you're struggling like Nintendo is (the wii u is a bust compared to the one and ps4) you can't have this happen.  

Ya I think I just read the PS4 just went over 50 Million units sold. I'm pretty sure they still have a pretty heft lead on the Xbox also.

All I can say is I miss Sega lol.

Urban Outfitters online was a joke yesterday. My Gamestop has been saying they do not have any at all and don't think they will get any.

Oh I know. I've been trying to get one for my cousin for a while now. The sites just crash as soon as they go live. Went and got DH's on release night. He's barely touched it after I stood in line for 4 hours. Walmart and target in my area do get them in and stock them in small quantities but I've not managed to get my hands on another one yet. Betcha after Christmas they will be everywhere on clearance.

Oh I know. I've been trying to get one for my cousin for a while now. The sites just crash as soon as they go live. Went and got DH's on release night. He's barely touched it after I stood in line for 4 hours. Walmart and target in my area do get them in and stock them in small quantities but I've not managed to get my hands on another one yet. Betcha after Christmas they will be everywhere on clearance.

Oh yes they will be everywhere. My Gamestop and Walmart have not received any more since the first day and they only had 5 and 10 respectively.

I call every day.

Oh yes they will be everywhere. My Gamestop and Walmart have not received any more since the first day and they only had 5 and 10 respectively.

I call every day.

Ours had received 12 on release night but miracously after one of the workers ask what we were waiting for 2 disappeared. I don't trust the employees. A friend of mine bought one online and picked up in store on Monday morning. Keep an eye out. I bet yours will get them in between now and Christmas. You can check store stock on the website. Edited by Kim3498

The wireless controllers I ordered on Nov. 11 have not been pushed out to February. My husband doesn't even know I picked one up yet. If the controllers it came with are good enough I'll just cancel my order after Christmas.

Best Buy has rhe cord extensions for $9.99. I was looking at the price of some of the wireless controllers and laughed. No way I'm paying almost the price of the system for a damn controller.

Tap'd from my 7+

why would they make the controller cord that short to start with. ridiculous

Another ball drop by Nintendo. The cords on the Gamecube were pretty short. And the extensions available caused issues. I ended up getting the Wavebird wireless. Wish there was a way to get that to work with the NES C.

Tap'd from my 7+

Another ball drop by Nintendo. The cords on the Gamecube were pretty short. And the extensions available caused issues. I ended up getting the Wavebird wireless. Wish there was a way to get that to work with the NES C.

Tap'd from my 7+

L-O-V-E my Wavebird!!! I still have and use mine.:)