No Fun Now That Stores Release the Ads Themselves!

Melissa

I see what you're saying but it doesn't bother me too much.  First reason is because they are in much higher quality, and second because I don't have to see watermarks on 99% of the ad.  While it was fun seeing them before a lot of others, I think the bigger disappointment of relishing the old days is most everything is available online now so you don't have to fight the crowd as much.  I'm not saying I hate having the option of doing it, I just mean that took more away from the actual shopping then having the stores releasing their ads before they could leak.

• Like 1

It was bound to happen. Back a decade ago we'd post the Walmart ad and have front page stories on CNN, MSN, etc... that mentioned GD. Walmart wanted that coverage for themselves and to get you to go to their site, download their app, follow them on Facebook. Other stores followed.

But it's nice to get clean digital copies vs pics someone took with their 8-year old camera. As more people do their BF week shopping online the actual paper ads won't matter as much.

My DH told me the other day that they had a managers blitz meeting this week.  I knew that Walmart would be releasing the ad the day before since they only know a couple days ahead they dont get the ad until this meeting. Sure enough I got up the next morning and Walmart had released it on their app!