Anyone ever browse the old BF forum archives?

Brad

Kind of fun to look back at the threads from 2004-2006 and see what people were getting excited about in the ads.

The early years had a lot more discussion here on the forum than we have now, although a lot of the discussion has moved to our Facebook page over the last several years.

For example, here's the thread from 11 years ago where everyone was posting what they bought:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/18418-the-official-what-i-got-thread/

You can view all 12 years worth of archived threads here:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/forum/10-black-friday-archives/

I love reading back. I laugh because I seem to buy a lot of the same stuff every year (external HD, blankets, sheets, etc) Yet I have no idea where it all is [emoji23] 10 years with this great site now. It forever changed my BF game and I'm grateful [emoji178]

Yes! I love digging back through them from time to time, especially the recipe/food-type threads. Some good stuff we've posted in years past. :)

And speeddiva - you mentioned your 10-year anniversary. Mine's this Wednesday! High five to a fellow decader! :gdsign1: (I'm sure there are many of us!)

• Like 1

2005 was my first year viewing here. I didn't sign up for account until Nov 2 the next year though. It's a lot of fun to go back in time. I at times will go look at some of the old ad's and see what was out there. Found the 50" Toshiba Plasma we scored as a Doorbuster in 06 :)

Funny to go back and see some of the names that have been around here forever and the people that used to be around.

• Like 1

Yes! I love digging back through them from time to time, especially the recipe/food-type threads. Some good stuff we've posted in years past. :)

And speeddiva - you mentioned your 10-year anniversary. Mine's this Wednesday! High five to a fellow decader! :gdsign1: (I'm sure there are many of us!)

This talk of anniversaries made me go back and look for mine. I'll be 11 years next Wednesday! 

• Like 1

I've looked at a few; mainly the last two or three years. I need to go look at 2005 (my first year). I do love going back and looking at the past ads. Over the years I have saved most of the major ads (PDFs). I like to compare prices from years ago until now.