Hatchimals - Might they be one of Walmart's guaranteed items on Black Friday?

stacya

I've been searching.  Just trying to figure out what the thought process is on this one...I keep calling places, and no one knows when they're getting them, but I keep thinking if they're in ads, they *should* have them in stock at least on the day of the ad release...calling isn't getting me anywhere, and I was waiting in line at Target on Friday a half hour before opening (actually I was first in line), only to find that they didn't get any in on that day's truck...

Walmart Guaranteed items are only Electronic items where they can get thousand of stock to ensure they can fulfill the guarantee

I thought they had other items, other than just electronics, that had the guarantee...not a lot of them, but the more popular ones...*sigh*

I think it will be in walmart and target ads, but not a guaranted item

I bet it'll be there too, but I don't know that they'll have them in stock even for that day...I keep calling and I'm hearing (as well as seeing on the Spinmaster website), that there are manufacturing delays, so who knows...darn it...

Walmart is smart, if they have them in their BF ad, they will have their stores not put them out on the shelves for sale to ensure product for BF sale

guess I'd better plan for a REALLY early Thanksgiving dinner then, LOL...

I have worked stock at both stores Target and Walmart, at this time of year, they get stock in and the boxes will be marked do not open, hold until xx date, this tells them its BF merchandise and not to stock it, those boxes are loaded onto special pallets and put off to the side and not opened until that day or day before and setup. This is why you never see either of these stores have a stock issue with oh we didn't get that item.

• Like 1

Good luck! I hope you can find one! :)

Thanks, me too!

I have worked stock at both stores Target and Walmart, at this time of year, they get stock in and the boxes will be marked do not open, hold until xx date, this tells them its BF merchandise and not to stock it, those boxes are loaded onto special pallets and put off to the side and not opened until that day or day before and setup. This is why you never see either of these stores have a stock issue with oh we didn't get that item.

So is it possible if I went in the night before, that I might find one on the shelf??

Try your local markets. People have had luck at unexpected places. Best option unless you specifically want the exclusive ones from Walmart and Target.

I doubt I'll get that lucky...unless it's some mom and pop place that had the foresight to get these in before the frenzy began...ideally, I'd like the TRU exclusive one, but beggars can't be choosers, and if I can get a blue/purple draggle, that will be good enough for DD...I will definitely be checking more oddball places now, though...thanks!

• Like 1

This sounds like the firestorm Zuzu pets set off. It was hit and miss with those babies too. I used the site nowinstock.net to find them. They have an alarm you can set to go off when something comes in stock. It drove my husband crazy when a rooster alarm went off in the middle of the night. Here's the link: http://www.nowinstock.net/toys/hatchimals/

that's so funny because someone messaged me about that site a few days ago, and I set it to the rooster too (in fact, it's going off now, but they are already OOS), and my oldest DS asked me today, 'WHAT is that rooster noise coming from the computer??"  LOL

Check your local Kohl's as well. They get a few at a time, but they do get them. This is one of the those HOT items!

they have them in their ad that starts this week...I will be stalking the store that morning, LOL...

• Like 1

that's so funny because someone messaged me about that site a few days ago, and I set it to the rooster too (in fact, it's going off now, but they are already OOS), and my oldest DS asked me today, 'WHAT is that rooster noise coming from the computer??"  LOL

Haha! It is funny during the day but wow in the middle of the night it's insane! It seemed like it took forever to get all 4 of the ones I needed too. You'll get it eventually. Just gotta be quick on the draw....lol. Good luck!

Haha! It is funny during the day but wow in the middle of the night it's insane! It seemed like it took forever to get all 4 of the ones I needed too. You'll get it eventually. Just gotta be quick on the draw....lol. Good luck!

I almost had one, got all the way to the checkout screen, clicked on place order, and then it came up as OOS...wasn't the one I REALLY wanted, but at this point, I think I just need to settle for whatever I can get, because they are going to be too scarce up to the holiday, I think...

I almost had one, got all the way to the checkout screen, clicked on place order, and then it came up as OOS...wasn't the one I REALLY wanted, but at this point, I think I just need to settle for whatever I can get, because they are going to be too scarce up to the holiday, I think...

Maybe not. I'd get one if I could and just keep your receipt. You can always return it if you can get the one you want. Sometimes the "hot" items will come in stock closer to Christmas. I remember toysrus had zuzus Black Friday. Walmart had them a little closer to Christmas. I got an email from them both beforehand. Just keep watching on gottadeal. There's lots of helpful people on here who will keep an eye out for you. I'll definitely do that and come here to post if I find them coming in stock somewhere.

• Like 2

Maybe not. I'd get one if I could and just keep your receipt. You can always return it if you can get the one you want. Sometimes the "hot" items will come in stock closer to Christmas. I remember toysrus had zuzus Black Friday. Walmart had them a little closer to Christmas. I got an email from them both beforehand. Just keep watching on gottadeal. There's lots of helpful people on here who will keep an eye out for you. I'll definitely do that and come here to post if I find them coming in stock somewhere.

Thank you!!

Woot!  got one on Amazon tonight...not the one she wanted, but at least I have ONE...it is the same one her bestie is getting, so maybe I can sell her on that...but I will keep looking for the one I KNOW she wants, and if I get that one, I will sell the one I just bought...and no way I'd sell it for $100 or more, either...I'll be happy to get my $$ back, and maybe it would help someone else out who can't find one..thanks for all of the advice!!

• Like 3

Woot!  got one on Amazon tonight...not the one she wanted, but at least I have ONE...it is the same one her bestie is getting, so maybe I can sell her on that...but I will keep looking for the one I KNOW she wants, and if I get that one, I will sell the one I just bought...and no way I'd sell it for $100 or more, either...I'll be happy to get my $$ back, and maybe it would help someone else out who can't find one..thanks for all of the advice!!

Awesome! So glad to hear you got one!

• Like 1

My wife and I talked about snapping them up when we can find them and sell them to people who are looking for them for exactly what it cost us. Lots of people looking for them on some local FB page she is on.

• Like 4

If we can help make a kids Christmas I'm all for it. Too many bad things in the world to worry about nowadays and I don't like not getting a toy because someone thinks they can make $650 in profit should be one of them. Yes we actually saw some people trying to sell them for in excess of $700.

• Like 3

This sounds like the firestorm Zuzu pets set off. It was hit and miss with those babies too. I used the site nowinstock.net to find them. They have an alarm you can set to go off when something comes in stock. It drove my husband crazy when a rooster alarm went off in the middle of the night. Here's the link: http://www.nowinstock.net/toys/hatchimals/

I downloaded the app for the Hatchimals and after 37 alerts- not 1 has been in stock and I click on the site immediately!

I downloaded the app for the Hatchimals and after 37 alerts- not 1 has been in stock and I click on the site immediately!

You're right! My friend said the same thing; she also subscribed to the alerts via the website. Every Walmart/TRU alert she receives has been out of stock, BUT the amazon alert worked! She lucked up last night. It hasn't been shipped yet, but it hasn't been cancelled either.

My wife and I talked about snapping them up when we can find them and sell them to people who are looking for them for exactly what it cost us. Lots of people looking for them on some local FB page she is on.

That would be amazing!!  I've looked on ebay, and it's ridiculous what people are asking (and getting!) for them!!  And I keep hearing the Target employees saying how the "resellers" are scooping them all up...makes me sick...

• Like 1