Christmas room Themes and or collections

Illinoismom

How many of you do themes in your homes for Christmas, My kitchen is Snowmen and Gingerbread men the gingerbread was a Gotta deal ss that got me started and my collection of Christmas salt and pepper shakers that line most of my ceiling in my kitchen,along with my silly collection of signs.

My family room has a tree that is decorated in stuff animals, started with the Rudy reindeer's from burger king, It also is my Rudolph room, I love me some Rudolph.

The hall in the foyer is red and white and my 5 ft Santa stands there along with a white tree and red lights with snowmen. The Living room hold the real tree and is decorated with dated ornaments going back ton 1982 and ornaments my children made over the years. The living room is also where you will find my animated dolls, Angels and my collection of Christmas snow globes. 

My kids decorate their rooms and we do the bathroom which holds a small tree and snowmen ornaments and shower curtain.

It does take me several days to decorate and one day to take it all down. I have threatened at times not to put it all up but I lose that battle every year 

post-8112-0-81875700-1478465792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Illinoismom
  • Like 2

I have a classic tree in the living room. The dining room has a Hockey theme, kitchen has tractors, downstairs bathroom is rubber ducks, landing is nutcrackers, family room is music and one with ornaments collected traveling, and the upstairs bathroom is Sponge Bob. We also do 3 small trees with just regular ornaments.

This year we will have the gingerbread/candy tree in my office, Santa boots and hats in the family room, and possibly another tree in the dining room. We have moved, and I am trying to get a feel for how everything should be! I designed this house with certain things in mind( where to put Christmas trees), but I am certain on decorating themes as of yet! I may start from scratch next year!

I do an Arizona Cardinals Christmas tree. It's a black tree with white lights that I picked up at Walmart a few years ago. I started with red balls as the ornaments and a few Cardinal ornaments. Then each year I've added a pack of Cardinals ornaments that I pick up at Kohls or Walmart

Sent from my SM-G920P using GottaDeal mobile app

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161107/06cf311dd980b10657e2379e21846746.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using GottaDeal mobile app

• Like 5

We are starting to have a bird theme. We didn't really mean to at first, just randomly picked up ornaments and decorations that we liked that happened to be birds. Then one day we noticed how many birds we had and started looking for a few more every year.

• Like 1

I have several collections. I started collecting snowglobes when I first got married. I have a snowman collection that began when we lived in Alaska. When my boys where younger I did a candy land/ gingerbread themed tree for my kitchen and that was the start of a gingerbread collection,I also have a religious theme collection,Jim shore and most recently started collecting cardinals to honor loved ones that have passed on. Depending on my energy level,some years all collections are displayed and other years I rotate what I put out. My husband prefers our main tree to be decorated in a hodge lodge of ornaments that have been aquired over the years. I did a leopard print tree once as our main tree and he was not impressed lol :)
  • Like 2

DD has a Disney themed tree in her room each year. In years past she has used other ornaments too, but this is where she displays her Disney ornaments one for each Christmas. This year she chose the Siamese cats from Lady and the Tramp. 

Our main tree is a mish mash of all different ornaments but the overall color theme is red, green, gold and silver.  It is pre-lit with white lights but I add a bunch of multi-color lights as well.

In our room we have a smaller tree I call the "Tree of Us" with all ornaments that speak to the likes, hobbies, etc. of both DH and I.

In our son's room this year we will have an outer space theme tree to match his outer space themed room!  I can't wait!  Got all the ornaments purchased or made and just need to put it together!

I collect Santa's.  I have collected for over 25 years and a couple in my collection were my grandmothers.   My DH loves it while my DD (13) calls me a hoarder...lol.   What she doesn't know is that I have collecting Nutcrackers for her to have when she has her own home...lol.  She should have never told me she likes them... heeheeheeeee.  

Every year I buy a new one, which is getting difficult since I dont like repeats =Some years they are expensive and some years not  This year I bought a Santa bust at Hobby Lobby.  I dont have anything like it!  I buy them when I see them- year round.   One of my favorites was one that I bought in the airport in Cancun  over 10 yrs ago. 

I have started incorporated Gingerbread people for the kitchen are - they are so cute! 

I collect Santa's. I have collected for over 25 years and a couple in my collection were my grandmothers. My DH loves it while my DD (13) calls me a hoarder...lol. What she doesn't know is that I have collecting Nutcrackers for her to have when she has her own home...lol. She should have never told me she likes them... heeheeheeeee.

Every year I buy a new one, which is getting difficult since I dont like repeats =Some years they are expensive and some years not This year I bought a Santa bust at Hobby Lobby. I dont have anything like it! I buy them when I see them- year round. One of my favorites was one that I bought in the airport in Cancun over 10 yrs ago.

I have started incorporated Gingerbread people for the kitchen are - they are so cute!

I've done gingerbread for about 13 years. Lately I've been thinking I was getting tired of them, but then each year when I'm putting them out, I talk to each one as I put it on the tree.

My grandfather gave my daughter a silver bell for her first Christmas. I continued that until she was 21.

For several years I got my son a nutcracker, but he kinda lost interest.

I bet your collection of santas is awesome! 25 years, wow!

• 2 weeks later...
We have 6 trees up I our home. The main tree is decorated in silver. All the others are different themes. We have the sports tree, peppermint tree, the red/gold/green, blue tree and my personal favorite tree (since I'm the only female in the house)the pink and purple tree.
  • Like 1

We usually have 2-4 Trees in the house (one is a small on in ours or our daughters room). All the trees have different themes. We try to buy a lot of hand made ornaments for our main tree. One year we will get to the point where it's decorated with ONLY hand made ornaments.