Is anyone else feeling like these are normal sales?

Khobbs1

I sort of feel like that about some items. But a few thing I "need" have an ok deal. Remember....a lot of times when everybody releases their ads early like this, they start sizing each other up. Then we may even see some "secret" online specials pop up or even pre-bf sales. I agree that nothing really seems WOW this year...yet...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I sort of feel like that about some items. But a few thing I "need" have an ok deal. Remember....a lot of times when everybody releases their ads early like this, they start sizing each other up. Then we may even see some "secret" online specials pop up or even pre-bf sales. I agree that nothing really seems WOW this year...yet...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That happens every year, Secret sales, pre-BF deals, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been saying that for years!

While there may good deals on tvs, usually there are, I don't need any.  

I would like to replace a broken PS4, and I'm disappointed that going BF price is $249 - that's been the price for the past few years.  But Kohls has the KC which makes it a decent deal, but I don't shop at Kohls a lot, so not too excited about it.

So far, my enthusiasm with regards to the ads is on par with going to the dentist.  

Yeah, some years are better than others and this is definitely not a good one for me either. Don't need a tv, and that seems to be what the best deals are on. There are no new game systems or even any much-awaited new console games for the guys on my list and not good enough discounts on any older games. The dvd/blu-ray movie offerings are mediocre... I found a couple seasons of one tv show we're interested in, and that's it. I need a reasonably good deal on a men's mountain bike and nothing I've seen has knocked my socks off for that. Clothes for dd...seeing the same "sale" prices as usual throughout the year. Was hoping to find a good sub-$150 unlocked cell phone for dd's first phone, but they're all ridiculously over-priced. Do people really buy $400-$700 phones for their kids for Christmas? I don't know... most years I can find something to get excited about, but this year... I'm just not feelin' it.