Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Target customer service was horrible today

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mommyx6kids  OFFLINE  

Mommyx6kids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 5, 2016 - 6:56 pm

I'm doing heavy duty Christmas shopping early this year and I was in target buying a laptop and other items. First it took ten mins for someone to even help me and then the guy rings me up and screws up my purchases ringing them up and charging me twice for everything, once on my target card which he said was declined and hen on my visa debit card. I called target card right after leaving and was told the purchase went through so I was indeed double charged. Went right back to the store and they claimed this has never happened so did something called a post void for my Visa card and I had better get my money back for that. It was over $400 and I was not enamoured with the guy who helped me. Just a word of caution this season please be careful and watch

#2 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 5, 2016 - 8:32 pm

That's terrible my budget is so tight this year if that happens to me I'll probably be in tears!!

#3 berry  OFFLINE  

berry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 6, 2016 - 6:33 am

Is your card a chip card? I work retail and deal with the chip card screw up daily. The register will prompt the card was declined or that it did not go through, although the purchase did. There's no way for the associate to know there's been a double charge. 1. Keep all receipts- the receipts have the sync'ed transaction authorizations 2. Once you put the chip card in, don't touch it until prompted by the machine to remove it. 3. Review your statements for duplicates. 4. Give customer service a break. Screw ups aren't always their fault and you get more flies with honey than vinegar. If someone is nice or patient with me while I'm trying to fix something, I'll go out of my way to make it right. If that someone is ugly, good luck with that. There's a 800 number with 27 prompts you can go through and if you're lucky when you finally do get someone on the phone, chances are great it will be even more screwed up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users