Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

mommy2twingles

Wow I just looked on BB and the notify button is gone. All they have left is a button that says Coming Soon. Target is the same way now. Amazon has a button that says Email Me.

If it wasn't Nintendo putting this out I would be skeptical. Since it's Nintendo themselves and they are kind of funny about hurting their image I would think it's going to be pretty decent.

thanks! I got signed up for notification from Target and Amazon but will be watching overnight on the 10 th

The new Nintendo NX/Switch looks like a cool gadget...too bad it won't launch until March 2017. I wonder if my kids will take a rain check? LOL

i have done that! Printed up a picture of the item and wrapped in a box! Went over well!

The thing to remember is Nintendo is very good at what they do.  

But what they do might not be what you want them to do.

Most of their success comes from games with brilliant gameplay, not realistic graphics.

They make great family friendly game systems for reasonable prices.

- realistic battle scenes, death scenes, Grand Theft Auto are not family friendly (unless the family you're talking about is mafioso)

- if your kids (or you) want these types of games, Nintendo is not the place to look for it

Also, Nintendo may well be one of the most stubborn or perhaps arrogant companies out there it seems.

They've had off and on feuds with EA and Amazon and others over and over, to both their and the other party's detriment.  But they show no signs of remorse.  I think EA released less than a half dozen games in total for the WiiU.

• Like 1

The thing to remember is Nintendo is very good at what they do.  

But what they do might not be what you want them to do.

Most of their success comes from games with brilliant gameplay, not realistic graphics.

They make great family friendly game systems for reasonable prices.

- realistic battle scenes, death scenes, Grand Theft Auto are not family friendly (unless the family you're talking about is mafioso)

- if your kids (or you) want these types of games, Nintendo is not the place to look for it

Also, Nintendo may well be one of the most stubborn or perhaps arrogant companies out there it seems.

They've had off and on feuds with EA and Amazon and others over and over, to both their and the other party's detriment.  But they show no signs of remorse.  I think EA released less than a half dozen games in total for the WiiU.

I heard some stuff about developing for most of Nintendo's platforms, I heard they are SUPER hard to code for and get good graphics and such. I used to be into game dev and many people I know started out on games and then just dropped it to concentrate on MS and Sony whose API's are much better. I had read an article a while back that Nintendo is trying to remedy that with their newest console but as you said they can be stubborn and arrogant so who knows what will really happen.

I was so hoping the Nintendo Switch would be out for Christmas but March works for us too. It will be DS18 birthday present since his birthday is in March. Anyone have any predictions on price point for the system? I'm wondering if they are trying to phase out not just the Wii U with this system but also the DS. Looks like they would've shot for Christmas, but Nintendo for some reason tends to lean toward March for some system releases. The 3ds system and the New 3ds system both were released in March. Edited by Kim3498

I don't think there's been any official price announced, but this site has some good info.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-price-launch-lineup-teased/1100-6444987/

As well as some video demonstrating little clips of game play.

I think they're expecting a hard price announcement from Nintendo on Jan 12.

For reference, they mention that the Wii launched at $250 and the WiiU launched at $300.

Edited by Pnambic

So, I'm open to all kinds of opinions from others...

I have had a Gamecube for 15 years (hardly gets played any more).

We have a Wii (the original, not Wii U) for about 10 years; it's slowly dieing and video output cuts out after 30 minutes of consecutive playing and needs replugged in (annoying).

The kids are 5 & 6 and have gotten into the Wii a little bit with the sensor bar functionality. And I think they are at an age where they can start playing some video games (and I can have an excuse to play again, too). My dilemma is that I've been so far disconnected from consoles for 10 years and really don't know what I want to get.

- We have cut the cord and use OTA antenna & Sling TV & Netflix

- I think the Wii sensor bar & Kinect is fun for the kids (does the PS have something like this?)

- No one in the family is a hardcore gamer (I like the sports games)

Until last year when cutting the cord, I'd been 95% XBox One.  Now there's the XBox One S... is the One still even worth getting and able to find new games for?  I've heard that the PS can do much more besides just games; Blu-Ray player, Playstation Vue (I have minimal knowledge of this and obviously has a subscription fee, but would it fit in with what we already have or replace Sling/Netflix?). Is PS3 still sold anywhere? Just get PS4? And now the new Nintendo console...

If you have any input, articles, or personal experience with any of the consoles what would help me figure out which one would best fit for us, I'd appreciate that.  Thanks!!

PS3 you can get at Game stop used, I dont think you will find it new anywhere, if you want a Kinect type system then you want the Xbox One as it has that and games for it.

I dont know much about the Xbox Ive been a PS or Nintendo person, I have the PS4 and Wii U in my home, we want to get a Xbox One but it wont be this year maybe next. All the games that I want come out on PS4 nothing I have seen are exclusive to just one system except for the Nintendo games, like my DD is a huge pokemon fan so we have to have that system in the house for those games as its exclusive to them.

The Wii U however out of the 3 is the only system that you can play all of the old games on without any problems you just do a simple system transfer and viola all your data is there and you all set. if your a Mario, Sonic, Pokemon fan then the Wii is for you.

• Like 1

I've noticed PS3 games new are becoming harder to come by. Was looking for some for our Nephew for his b-day and Christmas and the selection was a lot lower than I expected.

For the Nintendo Switch I heard around the middle of Jan that they are going to be doing presentation show called Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 showing off game play and such. They are branding it as a Home Console with the dock. Will be neat to see how it works out and what the games look like.

I'm not new here but I cannot for the life of me remember my old username:( anyhow I'm purchasing Nintendo Wii U Xbox one and possibly a PlayStation 4 this holiday season. Wondering what the must have hot games are for each and also is getting all three systems a good idea? I've already purchased a Wii U and Xbox one. Thinking seriously on a PlayStation 4 as well. Thoughts? Thanks

I have all three. The great games right now are Titan Fall 2, Battlefield 1, Gears of War 4, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, Mafia 3, Dead Rising 4 (out in December) & Uncharted 4 to name a few. If you get a Ps4 and you have a 4k tv then get the ps4 pro which comes out next week.

New Call of Duty game comes out tomorrow.  My son wants the Legacy edition.  Does anyone know if versions other than the standard go on sale for Black Friday ?

Yes, it's possible. I'd imagine this is the version most people will be buying.

I am hoping for a great deal on xbox Live this year. Anyone hear of one coming? 

I haven't paid more than $30 for a 12 month subscription in years. Usually, it's eBay that comes up with the best deal. You just have to keep your eye out.  Watch the Online Hot Deals forum daily.

Every year, for the last few years, I've gotten ds21 the newest Call of Duty game.  This year, he does not want the new one, but he DOES want the Modern Warfare Remastered.  The only way to get Remastered, is to buy the Infinite Warfare and as near as I can tell they are charging you for both. It's $100!  That's not happening.  So, I'm hoping someone will have a good deal on that. At least the usual regular price.

Every year, for the last few years, I've gotten ds21 the newest Call of Duty game.  This year, he does not want the new one, but he DOES want the Modern Warfare Remastered.  The only way to get Remastered, is to buy the Infinite Warfare and as near as I can tell they are charging you for both. It's $100!  That's not happening.  So, I'm hoping someone will have a good deal on that. At least the usual regular price.

It's $80, $100 if you want the season pass as well.  You can get 20% off now if you have Amazon prime or are a member of the Best Buy gamer club.

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting my kids one.

• Like 1

Anyone heard what time they are releasing the Nintendo?

Amazon is the only one with a release time so far. This is on their site:

nesclassicbox._CB525790553_.jpgAvailable at 2:00pm PST on 11/11/16:

Please note, we have very limited quantities of this item, however we will be receiving additional quantities over the coming weeks. Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long. We will announce when additional inventory becomes available.

Alright...everyone looking to get the Nintendo Classic...tomorrow is the day!!! I hope they launch at midnight. I'm soooo excited...lol!

I will stay up tonight and try a few sites. I plan on going to at least Walmart and Target first thing in the morning because I really want to play this over the weekend [emoji4] and I'm not sure if I want to take my chances with store pick-up.

• Like 1

My son is somewhat of a gamer and here's what I've found out. Each brand of consoles have particular games that are only for that console. Halo for Xbox and God of War for Ps are 2 examples. So one of the first things is know the games you want to get. If your kid wants Halo you're looking for Xbox one/s. If Uncharted or God of War are the games that are must haves, PS is the way to go.

The new games don't play right on the ps3. You need a PS4 if that's the console you like.

Xbox One now that's it's been out for while has issues with the fan so it get's hot and cuts off. The old xbox 360's would freeze and you would get what they called the ring of death when it got to hot. The xbox one just cuts off. The xbox one s, as I understand it is suppose to have a better fan. You can address the getting to hot on the xbox one by hooking up a little fan and have it directly blowing inside the vents.

Either way, PS4 or Xbox One S, there's suppose to be a new consoles out next year by each company which will out perform both current platforms.

For me. I'm a Tetris and Mario fan. It's gamecube and Wii all the way. 

DH went to Walmart at 12:00a and there was a line- the store only received 82 - no extra controllers. Went online to BB Target and Amazon and none of the sites had the product or the controllers up yet for sale.  Walmart doesn't have it listed online.   So happy - will keep searching for extra controller !!!  

DH went to Walmart at 12:00a and there was a line- the store only received 82 - no extra controllers. Went online to BB Target and Amazon and none of the sites had the product or the controllers up yet for sale. Walmart doesn't have it listed online. So happy - will keep searching for extra controller !!!

Best Buy and Target are both out of stock online. Amazon goes on sale at 2pm PT today. Edited by tyreejames

What a crazy morning! After trying online at multiple retailers for the nes classic, I headed out around 4:30 this morning. Went to one of my local Walmart's and was the only person there. Finally got out my car and lined up around ten after 6. Shorty after, others came as well. Store finally opened, and they claimed they never got any in stock.

I flew over to the Target closest to my house; bypassing one that was about 5 minutes from where I was. Got there and was 3rd in line. By 7:30, there were at least 50 people in line. Manager came out and handed out tickets; they only had 10 total. Didn't get an extra controller but I am one excited girl!!

Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 1