Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Surface tablet

6 replies to this topic

#1 smorebore  OFFLINE  

smorebore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 5, 2016 - 6:22 pm

Do all models have drawing capabilities? Thank you

#2 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 5, 2016 - 6:25 pm

Yes they do.

#3 smorebore  OFFLINE  

smorebore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 5, 2016 - 6:46 pm

Thank you! Son just asked about it for Christmas. The latest is very pricey

#4 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,135 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 5, 2016 - 6:50 pm

They are nice, we have several in my family. I've seen them in two ads so far, Costco and Office Depot/Max. Microsoft store usually has a sale on them too.

#5 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,905 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2016 - 4:30 am

I picked up a Surface Pro 3 last year right as the Pro 4 was released. I got an awesome deal on it. I ended up paying $550 for it (if I remember correctly). I wanted a specific one and it was worth the price. I got the Pro 3 with the intel i3, 4GB RAM and 128GB HD. I got it cheaper than the 64GB version. Best Buy and the Navy Exchange both had it for $599, but I had gift cards to both. I originally wanted the i5 processor, but it wasn't worth the $300 price difference. This year the Pro 4 with the i5 is in two ads so far at $799. It depends on your needs if you need the i3, i5 or i7 processor. The HD isn't the biggest problem; I bought a 128GB SD card to store everything on plus I have it mapped to my server. Remember; the keyboard is extra! I got mine for $89. Shop around and you may be able to get it close to that price (eBay). Keep looking in the ads as we get closer to BF. If you see it on BF; don't wait for Cyber Monday as the price will be the same from what I've seen over the years. Try looking into the education requirements on Microsoft's website. They offer discounts for students (which I believe is almost anyone in school) and typically have good BF deals (I think I almost went through them last year; but I had those gift cards I mentioned). Keep asking here if you have any more questions.

~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#6 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,905 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2016 - 4:27 am

Best Buy has the Pro 4 with m3 chip (used to be i3 (new name)), 4GB RAM, 128GB HD, Pen AND keyboard for $599! Great deal! If you don't need a lot of processing power (i5 chip), then this will work. Better deal than last year. Mine is the Pro 3, but basically the same machine. I use it ever day. I can sit in my chair and surf the internet, check email, draw or whatever. I don't have to get up and go in the other room to turn on my 'monster' computer unless I'm playing a game (Battlefield ;) ). I can take it to the kitchen to use for recipes or play music. I might even consider getting another this year for the wife because there are just some things you can't do on an iPad.

~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#7 smorebore  OFFLINE  

smorebore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 10, 2016 - 2:31 pm

Best Buy has the Pro 4 with m3 chip (used to be i3 (new name)), 4GB RAM, 128GB HD, Pen AND keyboard for $599! Great deal! If you don't need a lot of processing power (i5 chip), then this will work. Better deal than last year. Mine is the Pro 3, but basically the same machine. I use it ever day. I can sit in my chair and surf the internet, check email, draw or whatever. I don't have to get up and go in the other room to turn on my 'monster' computer unless I'm playing a game (Battlefield ;) ). I can take it to the kitchen to use for recipes or play music. I might even consider getting another this year for the wife because there are just some things you can't do on an iPad.

OMG!  Thank you!  My son is very techie.  He has an old Ipad and he is very excited about the drawing part of this.  Everything I have given him that involves a computer is always used and never sits.  He is a sophomore so I know it can be used for much more. 

It was already available at this price.  Got one!!!  So happy

Edited by smorebore, Nov 10, 2016 - 7:13 pm.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users