Black Friday Live! Best Buy 9 PM EST. Nov 10

jaymacfla

Greetings everyone!

Let me introduce myself,

I have been an active member on these forums since 2007. I did spend a lot of time here in 2006 as well. I have previously done a toy show here, and have written or authored new posts. I have even served as a moderator for a season. My background is in electronics repair and computer related servicing, repair and building. I have written articles for various toy soldier magazines and Toy Shop magazine. My passion is collecting and i often find my interests centered around Blu rays, DVD TV shows and collector sets.

You may also know me from the news as the crazy camping guy who is always getting on CNN and USA Today. It is a funny thing when you find yourself in a google search as far away as Buffalo New York! I live west of Jacksonville Florida! I am the founder of the Black Friday Vacationers on Facebook where my locals can find out the latest news surrounding our favorite seasonal passion!

I am a grandfather who is finally beginning to get into toys again, so bear with me if I am a little off on this subject. I am passionately into electronics, especially anything that can be found at the major retailers. I believe that this year will be a great year for televisions, but the trend is to offer 60hz models, so do not expect too much in the larger category this year.

I will be talking to Bigjimslade and the hope is to coordinate with him a time when he feels that he can take back over, since I do not know how well the WIFI will hold up while out at Best Buy. I have assured Brad that I will at least try this for all of you out there. At the very least, I will set up a live cam or do some streaming from my phone.

Be sure to check back here and tell me which of the stores (already posted) that you would like to review. I will pick a few and go live at 8 PM Eastern. Feel free to also inquire with your particular item(s) from any released ad that you have a question about. I will do my best to help you.

I had previously related my inability to do a show tonight due to my family arriving from Kentucky. Family first! A hearty thank you to all that helped to bring to you the best platform available: Live-stream. Please understand that due to this being a cost free solution, you will be required to create a live-stream account, also free, in order to participate. Thank you all, and it is a pleasure to serve the most wonderful audience of any forum!

• Like 9

Tonight I will try to cover Office Depot/Office max and touch on Kohl's, Ace Hardware and  Dell Home. You can always request to give special attention in chat for a certain item on any page. We will be using Live-stream and you must create an account in order to participate in the discussion. This is a one-time occurrence so it should not be a deal breaker for most.

The link will be posted shortly and welcome to the show!

• Like 1

Greetings folks! Join us for tonights talk about the Staples ad as well as insight into the HP Home ad. We are anxiously awaiting the big boys of Black Friday shopping, so jump right into the conversation tonight!

I am willing to give you any amount of time on ANY previously posted ad. Please feel free to talk about items that you see duplicated throughout competitors ads. Yesterday, we discovered items in the Shopko ad, just by someone asking a relevant question.

As we get closer to the middle of the ad leak/release season, be sure to check out the outstanding work that volunteers are doing with the Product charts. These comparisons help you, the shopper stay informed and ultimately penny wise when you frequent the Gottadeal forums!

The link for tonight's show will be posted within an hour of the broadcast!

What happened to Dev?

Dev's parents both have been ill this year and he has been taking care of them, then his good friend was killed in a hit and run. He is here just not in the mind set to do Black friday live. He and Ray talked about Dev doing the week before so that is a plus. You should join us it's been fun 

• Like 1

Greetings! Well, it is the day after the election, and I have only an hour's sleep including a full day at work. I want to very carefully slip these two ads in this time slot tomorrow, unless a larger ad takes precedence. I am so excited to see what the big three have to offer!  We have many requests for 4k televisions this year, given the high expectations of the forecasts and when we know what they finally have to offer, you can make your best plan for the shopping season!

I am also happy that the Xbox one S is being offered in many different bundles this season. If you are not familiar with this upgrade, it can be the perfect 4k companion to your new 4k HDTV!

We have seen it offered  with a movie, extra controller, extra game and a larger storage capacity at Walmart just this week. Some things just couldn't get any better this season.

If these ads are important to you, do not worry. We will get to them. I am also awaiting the the big Toys R Us ad this year. I may be old, but grandpa needs some great toy deals this year!

• Like 1