Ironic timing. Replacing things during Black Friday.

Megara211

So my toaster broke about a month ago. My kurig and my blender both broke about two weeks ago. My friend accidentally took my crockpot when she moved. And my microwave needs to be replaced as well.

It's ironic that all of this is happening right before Black Friday, but at least I'll be able to replace them at a good price.

Anyone else having to replace a bunch of things this year?

Well, my daughter just moved into her very first apartment last night and she has nothing...perfect timing for all the $9.99 small kitchen appliances they will have on sale BF...I am making a list now and it is definitely different from the usual stuff I buy her every year...she also needs a TV...

• Like 1

Two years ago in November my daughter moved into a house, so I was in the same boat, buying appliances for her Christmas. This coming fall it looks like both my boys may be moving out for college, so I may be getting them a few things for that. Already got the older boy and daughter Keurig's from a kohl's sale a few weeks ago. Nice when we can get it all for good prices!

My mom usually buys a coffepot or two at WM and we always get a new box of Rubbermaid containets. It's amazing how those things run away, I got 2 sets last year and they've all disappeared. Need a new coffepot and maybe a crockpot. I usually get a small appliance or two for wedding gifts! Best time to get them.
  • Like 1

My mom usually buys a coffepot or two at WM and we always get a new box of Rubbermaid containets. It's amazing how those things run away, I got 2 sets last year and they've all disappeared. Need a new coffepot and maybe a crockpot. I usually get a small appliance or two for wedding gifts! Best time to get them.

This is a great idea.  This is the first year I don't need any small appliances but I will be adding a few to my list for future gifts.

I keep waiting to see a nice dual sided waffle maker. I want to replace our old single sided one.

Twice the waffles, half the waiting??  Why have I never seen one of these?

We are upgrading to glass storage containers as we have a hodgepodge of rubbermaid at this point.

I want to get a small toaster rather than using the Toaster Over all the time for 1 slice of toast; it's about 5 minutes vs. 1 minute - but DW is fighting my justification to spend $9.99..... :runaway:

We will often know we need things through the summer/fall and just hold out a few more months to get it on sale on BF because we know they always go on sale all over the place.

Twice the waffles, half the waiting??  Why have I never seen one of these?

We are upgrading to glass storage containers as we have a hodgepodge of rubbermaid at this point.

I want to get a small toaster rather than using the Toaster Over all the time for 1 slice of toast; it's about 5 minutes vs. 1 minute - but DW is fighting my justification to spend $9.99..... :runaway:

We will often know we need things through the summer/fall and just hold out a few more months to get it on sale on BF because we know they always go on sale all over the place.

I got one for my best friend for Christmas a couple years ago. It's BRILLIANT. Not to mention it seems to cook them in a more consistent manner.

I just got a new toaster a few months ago. Spent like $45 on a good 4 slice Cuisinart one from Amazon. The old one you had to slam the handle down to get it to stay down and it was a white plastic shell (new one is stainless) that let's just say I inadvertently got the griddle too close to during a pancake making session and melted a nice line through the middle of the front unknowingly. Though I did wonder why the pancakes were smelling funny lol.

I will likely buy a Keurig coffee maker at Staples on BF.  I need one for the shelf as all of mine are out making coffee.  With rewards, discounts, rebates, gift cards, and all, Staples is the place to be on BF.

Knock on wood, hopefully not! But my BF toaster from Target lasted a long time, and my BF coffeemaker was also very good to me (until I received a coffee maker/hot water combo maker as a gift, although it's starting to go on the fritz - helped me warm up lots of baby bottles in the last four years!).

Looking for a waffle maker and a new microwave. Funny thing is we received 3 waffle makers as wedding gifts and re-gifted them all. Now, years later, when we vacation the kids love making waffles at the breakfast station in the hotel and want their own lol.
  • Like 1