Beats, smartthings and not yet released apple airpods

Khobbs1

I'm hoping to get a good deal on these 3 products, beats solo3, smartthings hub/kit, whichever is best deal and new apple airpods

I saw sales on beats solo2 last year, from product charts.

Any ideas on where/if deals for these products,

TIA

Smartthings had a sale last weekend, and Amazon also ran the same sale. I bought our smart things hub last year, and I really can't remember if there was a sale, I'm pretty sure there was, seems like $50 off a kit. I ended up getting just the hub from amazon warehouse deals.

We've had it since last Christmas, and husband has fiddled a little with it, but just this past week he has really got serious. We are now utilizing a smart bulb, smart outlet (my Christmas tree will be plugged into this so it will come on when I get home!!), the porch lights are on a smart toggle outlet, and the door knob also uses the presence sensor. Last week it only integrated with the nest, so he's been busy!

I would be sure to check the smart things store and Amazon. I saw a hub at home depot last night. But I know Amazon seems to mirror the ST store sales.

Smartthings had a sale last weekend, and Amazon also ran the same sale. I bought our smart things hub last year, and I really can't remember if there was a sale, I'm pretty sure there was, seems like $50 off a kit. I ended up getting just the hub from amazon warehouse deals.

We've had it since last Christmas, and husband has fiddled a little with it, but just this past week he has really got serious. We are now utilizing a smart bulb, smart outlet (my Christmas tree will be plugged into this so it will come on when I get home!!), the porch lights are on a smart toggle outlet, and the door knob also uses the presence sensor. Last week it only integrated with the nest, so he's been busy!

I would be sure to check the smart things store and Amazon. I saw a hub at home depot last night. But I know Amazon seems to mirror the ST store sales.

Thanks for the info and I'll keep an eye out.

I did see the Amazon deal, but also saw deal for 65 on smartthings, I'm just getting started in this space and don't want to spend too much, in case it doesn't work as I expect.

Edited by Khobbs1

That's why I just bought the hub and 2 bulbs to start with. :) Those were fun to play around with to get started. The little toggle switch we installed yesterday is pretty cool, it doesn't stay in an up or down position, it stays in the middle and you push it up or down, and it goes back to middle. That way we can use regular bulbs outside , and control both lights with one smart switch.

Let me know of you have any questions!

Radio Shack has had a sale on Beats since 2013. Could even be later than that, but I only looked back to 2013. I bought a pair for my daughter in 2014. That was the one and only time I went shopping on Thanksgiving, but the sale was worth it.

Ah yes, thank you, I forget about radio shack, I need to find closest one. Thanks

That's why I just bought the hub and 2 bulbs to start with. :) Those were fun to play around with to get started. The little toggle switch we installed yesterday is pretty cool, it doesn't stay in an up or down position, it stays in the middle and you push it up or down, and it goes back to middle. That way we can use regular bulbs outside , and control both lights with one smart switch.

Let me know of you have any questions!

Thanks for the info bluebear. I'm choosing smartthings as I already have ge light bulbs, but only the link Hub, so I am looking to expand and it looks like smartthings is most platform independent/cross platform compatible.

Thanks for the info bluebear. I'm choosing smartthings as I already have ge light bulbs, but only the link Hub, so I am looking to expand and it looks like smartthings is most platform independent/cross platform compatible.

We are finding a lot of things compatible. It seems to be working out well. The app even works with Windows phones!

I'll have to look into a Smartthings... I have a Harmony Hub that can do some of these sort of things that's been talked about here, so maybe I don't need one of these? I do need to get started with some smart bulbs and outlets and switches.

Go check on the Smartthings forums on their site. Lots of good info there, including talk on the integration of the Harmony hub and smart things. They play well together.

https://community.smartthings.com/

• Like 1

I'm hoping to get a good deal on these 3 products, beats solo3, smartthings hub/kit, whichever is best deal and new apple airpods

I saw sales on beats solo2 last year, from product charts.

Any ideas on where/if deals for these products,

TIA

On the beats, were they a specific request? The reason I ask is my DS18 has gotten a new pair of beats for the last 3 years. When his new pair that he got this past Christmas broke in March we looked at Bose headphones instead. He loves them. Says the sound quality is so much better and they are made much better. I looked back in the bestbuy ad from last year and they were in the ad for $59.99 and I'm seriously hoping they are that price again as DH wants a pair as well.

If you specifically need beats I got my best prices at Bestbuy and Staples the last 3 years.

Edited by Kim3498

On the beats, were they a specific request? The reason I ask is my DS18 has gotten a new pair of beats for the last 3 years. When his new pair that he got this past Christmas broke in March we looked at Bose headphones instead. He loves them. Says the sound quality is so much better and they are made much better. I looked back in the bestbuy ad from last year and they were in the ad for $59.99 and I'm seriously hoping they are that price again as DH wants a pair as well.

If you specifically need beats I got my best prices at Bestbuy and Staples the last 3 years.

Yes, these are specific requests, beats solo3 rose gold. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on these ads

I have Bose and love them.

Edited by Khobbs1

Yes, these are specific requests, beats solo3 rose gold. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on these ads

I have Bose and love them.

Oh ok. I get ya. DS18 was into the beats too at first. I think the dr dre name plus the cool colors draw more attention. Keep an eye out for earlier this month too. I bought his beats studio earlier in November at Bestbuy cheaper than any of the Black Friday ads.

Oh ok. I get ya. DS18 was into the beats too at first. I think the dr dre name plus the cool colors draw more attention. Keep an eye out for earlier this month too. I bought his beats studio earlier in November at Bestbuy cheaper than any of the Black Friday ads.

Will do, thanks again

Edited by Khobbs1
  • Like 1

Yeah, the Beats line does look cool but I hate the sound. My daughter loved her Beats solo, and then I made the mistake of letting her try my Audio Technica ATH-M50 S/LE. The face she made was priceless. And then when I realized that I lost control of my headphones, the face I made was priceless. 

I wonder what the difference is between the Solo 2 and the 3? The rose gold 2's are on sale at walmart.com for $214 right now. 

• Like 1