Already disappointed with Walmart customer service !

abentley

I traveled over 60 miles to one Walmart that was showing a " Hatchimal" in stock. After looking around in the store , they realized it had been sold. The checked stock in a mother store 40 more miles away, and it was showing in stock. They called down there to verify they actually had one, and as luck would have it, the had 2! They took my name and offered to hold it for me at the customer service desk. The entire drive down I was very excited and appreciative of the first stores help. I reached the 2 nd store location to be told that they sold the one they were holding for me. Ugh! I know it is " the hot item" of the year, I know they are hard to come by! I was so disappointed that they told the Walmart associate in the 1st store they would happily hold it for me! That isn't the shiniest example of great customer service!

I traveled over 60 miles to one Walmart that was showing a " Hatchimal" in stock. After looking around in the store , they realized it had been sold. The checked stock in a mother store 40 more miles away, and it was showing in stock. They called down there to verify they actually had one, and as luck would have it, the had 2! They took my name and offered to hold it for me at the customer service desk. The entire drive down I was very excited and appreciative of the first stores help. I reached the 2 nd store location to be told that they sold the one they were holding for me. Ugh! I know it is " the hot item" of the year, I know they are hard to come by! I was so disappointed that they told the Walmart associate in the 1st store they would happily hold it for me! That isn't the shiniest example of great customer service!

Have you found one yet??

I saw them at a supermarket! It was a Shop Rite I believe. I was surprised they had 2 sitting on the counter and no one really paid them any attention. The egg picture is on outside of box I guess so you can't tell what will hatch. Check unexpected places you may luck out. If I see them online I'll post as well. Fingers crossed you find one.

Thank you for all of your help! I went to Walmart this morning in my way to work, and was able to get one! Super happy!

Wow!  That's really awesome. Glad to hear you got one. Sadly, it was giving WM business; but if you didn't buy that one, someone else surely would have later that day.

• Like 1

I have found hot items at Kroger so be sure to check there. My husband worked third shift, knew I was wanting one for my child from the angel Tree. So if you happen to know a 3rd shift person, let them know what you're looking for.

Excellent idea! One of the perks of working retail, I miss that.