American Girl - do they have any sales?

starbeck96

If you watch the Today Show they do Jills Steals and Deals, one show around this time of year has AG dolls. That's the only sale I know of for them. You can save by doing the store brand clothes and furniture. Most stores have their own brand of knock off dolls now and everything is pretty much interchangeable. The knock off dolls aren't as good of quality, but the clothes are so much cheaper.
  • Like 1

If you watch the Today Show they do Jills Steals and Deals, one show around this time of year has AG dolls. That's the only sale I know of for them. You can save by doing the store brand clothes and furniture. Most stores have their own brand of knock off dolls now and everything is pretty much interchangeable. The knock off dolls aren't as good of quality, but the clothes are so much cheaper.

I don't ever watch that.  I noticed that Zulilly has sales on American Girl every so often, not sure if it includes the dolls or not though.  She has several dolls and accessories of the knock off brand at Walmart.  The dolls are awful.  The biggest problem is that their legs won't move right.  My daughter played with them for a while but got aggravated that they wouldn't do right.  She wants a real American Girl doll this year.  They have the cutest stuff out at Walmart now.  She has already said she wants some of it, just waiting to see if it goes on sale Black Friday.  She is 10 and still loves playing with stuff like that and I want to keep her a little girl as long as I can.  :)

My TRU had a huge AG section in the front on the store today (not sure when that started) and a specific representative just for that department.

I'm sure every coupon you'll see from TRU will exclude those from discounts.

I am sure that they will be excluded.  The closest TRU to us is an hour and a half anyway.

Edited by starbeck96

• 2 weeks later...

And if she is young enough not to notice or care - Target has some nice dolls that are the same size with all kinds of accessories for a fraction of the AG cost.

We have one of those and several of the Walmart brands too.  The quality is nothing like the American Girl dolls.  She ended up buying one from Amazon with her birthday money that she had saved.  I am going to be on the lookout for another one at a good price, but now she is wanting mostly accessories and clothes so I will probably be getting those from Walmart.