Does Amazon drop the prices of Kindles on Black Friday?

bethed

Maybe not ON Black Friday, but certainly among their deals leading up to it.  I think it was the week of last year that varying kindle devices were on sale. Usually they make advertisement of it in advance so you'll know slightly ahead of time. Usually when they see how much BB & Staples, etc. are selling them for on BF from the leaked ads, they will match that price pre-BF so you buy it from them instead of in store at the other retailers.

• Like 1

Amazon will probably have them on sale for BF and another time before Christmas. They just had the Paperwhite, $119, for $89. I don't believe it has been cheaper than $89 before, so on BF it will probably be that again. Other Kindles go on sale too. Figure out which one you need ahead of time and start watching about a week prior to BF and watch through Christmas.

• Like 1

As far as which Kindle we recommend - what are you looking to use it for?  Do you want an eReader, or a full service tablet?  

ETA - I just saw your post on the other thread, it looks like you are looking for an eReader.  The only Kindles I've had have been Fire tablets, so I can't really help you with the readers.  

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 1

As I mentioned it has been $10 cheaper. You can weigh the pros and cons to see if it's worth it to wait and save $10 or just grab it now. For me; I'd wait but don't do it because I would. I believe it will go cheaper (in September it was $89), but have no guarantee.

Edited by bpr

As I mentioned it has been $10 cheaper. You can weigh the pros and cons to see if it's worth it to wait and save $10 or just grab it now. For me; I'd wait but don't do it because I would. I believe it will go cheaper (in September it was $89), but have no guarantee.

I saw it then for $89 and was going to order, then forgot...