When to expect more Black Friday ads to leak this year

Brad

Anyone else think we might get one of the big ads late tonight?

I could see Walmart or Best Buy maybe releasing it tonight so they get a day of news coverage before election day.

I was thinking the same thing.  At first I thought they may wait until after the election, but then I got to thinking that they wouldn't get much talk if they did it after.  I feel like it might be early morning.

Anyone else think we might get one of the big ads late tonight?

I could see Walmart or Best Buy maybe releasing it tonight so they get a day of news coverage before election day.

News will continue to be dominated by the election Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  If they are looking for press, they would wait until Thursday.  But hoping one or two drop anyway, if only to lessen the crunch for typing listings later this week.

Last year Walmart put out a press release in the afternoon with 2 pages of the ad and details about their sale, then the full ad came out around midnight.

So considering we didn't get a press release this afternoon, maybe they are waiting until tomorrow. Or they might not be doing the "sneak preview" press release this year and will release the ad later tonight.