When to expect more Black Friday ads to leak this year

Brad

As I've done the past few years, I've looked at the data from the past 4 years including when the ad was leaked for some popular stores and what date Black Friday fell on each year. Based on these numbers and this year's Black Friday date (November 25th), here is the "average" day you can expect these ads this year:

November 6: Sears, Sam's Club

November 7: Kohl's, JCPenney, Meijer
November 8: Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, Kmart
November 9: Office Depot, Gander Mountain, Walgreens
November 10: Staples
November 11: CVS Pharmacy, Bass Pro Shops
November 12: Dick's Sporting Goods
November 13: Menard's
November 14: Lowe's, Old Navy
November 16: Home Depot
November 25: Black Friday 2016

Harbor Freight, which came out on the 12th, would have been predicted for October 13th.

You can go back through the last 10 years to see the leaked dates for many stores here: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Dates

Of course you may remember that the last few years we had a crazy 36-hour periods that saw ads from Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Kohl's and many others all released right after each other. I expect something similar this year around November 7-9 (and the data above backs it up), so be prepared...

• Like 5

I think the big stores released the ads earlier last year than ever before. That's nice because sales seem to have started already. It is nice to be able to compare current sales to the Black Friday sales. I think they will be early this year too. Can't wait for Walmart pre holiday online sale either.

Does anyone recall when the Fred Meyer Black Friday and Thanksgiving Day sale ads posted?  Since Fred Meyer is also a grocery story, they are open on Thanksgiving from (I think) 7:00 a.m. until about 1:00 p.m..  I have gone there for the past couple of years on Thanksgiving morning and have picked up a couple of decent sale items - and always a few groceries that I inevitably forgot - and am home by 8:00 a.m. to start the turkey.

Woohooooo! I can't wait! I'm so ready to start going through all the ads and pricing out which items are cheaper and where. After Halloween is when I'll really start stalking this forum. :)

lol I do the same thing, my family splits between two stores, so its nice to know what is cheaper at either so we have our list, we grab everything and then call and see what we got and if the other couldnt get something the other can just for a little more

I'm relying on the ads to help me with some ideas for my own wishlist! I'm struggling to come up with things that fall in the right budget range and heaven knows what my husbands side of the family might think up if left entirely to their own devises [emoji15] I love them dearly but there have been some unusual things under the Christmas tree over the years [emoji3] Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 1

We don't ever finish early. We are usually still picking up things leading up to Christmas (yes that week). We always have a good start but we like to make BF a big part of it so we wait till that comes around to get a good portion of it done. The week of Christmas is usually just smaller things for each other though, we usually have each others larger gift so then we need to pick up small things.

Thanks Brad!

Anyone have a guess for when Michaels and Joann's ads will come out? Gonna need a lot of yarn this year! [emoji4]

If my memory serves correct, Joann's sales ad usually hits mailboxes 10 days before BF. I think last year the leak was about 20 days out though.

If you sign up for their mailing list now, you should be in time to receive your own ad booklet with coupons for Black Friday. Also, use prior years ads (on this site) as an idea of what is on sale and the prices. There isn't too much variation year to year. That way you may be able to find a better deal with sales/ coupons before BF.