Stocking Stuffer Ideas....

jewleyp

Trying to get this managed before Christmas Eve....lol..  Need ideas for DH and DD young teen.  I think that I have killed all of the other ideas from previous years (which were great!).   I feel like I can only do so many gift cards and novelty candy that never gets eaten. 

Help !  :gdclap::howdy:

• Like 1

My husband likes practical gifts so for stocking stuffers I give him replacement razor blade cartridges, 9 volt batteries ( for his bass), gum, a pack of his favorite pens because he loses them all the time and whatever else I spot while out shopping.
  • Like 1

I try to buy small items throughout the year for stocking stuffers. Just some ideas: favorite candy/snack, gift card(s), nail polish, make up, socks, gloves, nail clippers/tweezers, charging cords, ear buds, perfume/body spray, phone case. Hope this helps!
  • Like 2

DD:  Fun colors of Nail polish, some of the cute "cardboard-like" nail files, hair ties/bands, flavored lip balm, lip gloss, travel size hair products from Target (they have a pretty good selection of higher-end travel sizes), Bath & Body Works hand cream, gum, Altoids minis, non-black/blue ink/gel pen, fuzzy slipper socks, gloves, a pair/pack of the wildly colored no-show socks, makeup and/or brushes

DH:  Mini flashlights, mini screwdriver, a good ink pen, funny/silly pair of socks/tie/boxers, yo-yo, pocket-sized notebooks, mini bottles of liquor (if appropriate for your household), new pocketknife, fun/nerdy USB drive, golf balls, grill seasonings, toothbrush, razors, travel size toiletries, bag of favorite coffee/hot cocoa, batteries, hand warmers if he works outdoors, gloves,

• Like 3

You might consider doing you dd's stocking with one of the really small stockings and putting in tickets to something she would enjoy or if she is like my DD she is into anything crafty, so she wants pens you can ink a stamp with, alphabet stamps, card stock, beads and jewelry making supplies, 

For my Dads stocking, he wants a tire gauge, a magnifying glass(to look at coins) and candy 

• Like 1

Handheld electronic games are still big for my family. The kids play them on the bus because they aren't allowed to have their phones turned on. The adults get the poker games.

51U5eQ%2BQ74L._SL160_SL150_.jpg

My daughter usually gets a silver dollar, some Eos, maybe some nail polish or a cute nail file, a pair of those fluffy slipper socks, and some Tics Tacs and gum. She is into makeup this year, so she will get some lip glosses, maybe a couple individual eye shadows, a gift certificate for a mommy/daughter mani/pedi day, 1 or 2 smelly votive candles, a few of those tiny vials of perfume, and probably 2 movie tickets. I might still include a silver dollar. It depends on the price of silver.

Edited by msomnipotent
  • Like 1

Stocking stuffers suggestions for teenage girls: makeup, makes up brushes, make up remover, nail polish, nail polish remover, chapstick, candy, gum, book, book mark, teen magazine, ornament, fun socks, slipper socks, small pocket flashlight, poster, markers, color pencils, earrings, gift cards, gloves, shower gel, lotion, wallet, CDs DVDs

Stocking stuffers for guys: small pocket flashlight, chapstick, crossword puzzle books, pens, candy, gum, jerky, gloves, ornament, slipper socks, travel coffee mug,  CDs, DVDS, magazine, scratch off lottery tickets, gift cards, razor, shaving cream. cologne.

• Like 1

For your DD: movie tickets/passes, a wristlet, cool keychain (the big poof ball I see all preteen and teenage girls with), pretty scarf, headband, earrings, makeup kit or makeup bag, portable cell phone charging bank and mini lotions.

For DH: funny saying t-shirt or socks, water bottle , mini cologne, travel kit, portable cell phone charging bank, and cards you make for your entitled to....How this works is that you make little cards that he can redeem through you. Example:This entitles you to a free massage by me, or this entitles you to a free day of chores. You can get as creative [emoji6] as you want.

Edited by msyves
  • Like 1

my kids' stockings have always been filled with candy.  I decided a few years ago to quit buying all that candy, when I still have a big bowl full the next Halloween.  Since then, the stockings have looked a little sad.  All of these posts have inspired me to try to make the stockings more special :).

• Like 4

DD (12.5) will have candy, itunes cards, probably xbox points, nail polish, some form of stuffed animal.

Her santa present is a new lap top so probably a few things to go with that. A new mouse pad...

HA! That is exactly what mine is getting from Santa  iTunes was always a good one but now we have Apple Music so that counts out one of the gifts...

Handheld electronic games are still big for my family. The kids play them on the bus because they aren't allowed to have their phones turned on. The adults get the poker games.

51U5eQ%2BQ74L._SL160_SL150_.jpg

My daughter usually gets a silver dollar, some Eos, maybe some nail polish or a cute nail file, a pair of those fluffy slipper socks, and some Tics Tacs and gum. She is into makeup this year, so she will get some lip glosses, maybe a couple individual eye shadows, a gift certificate for a mommy/daughter mani/pedi day, 1 or 2 smelly votive candles, a few of those tiny vials of perfume, and probably 2 movie tickets. I might still include a silver dollar. It depends on the price of silver.

We have a couple that sit on the end tables. Everyone picks them up to play even guests!   

Those were some great ideas!  Sometimes the stuff that is right in front - you miss!  

• Like 1

Lots of good ideas already.  :heart: The Dollar Tree is one of my favorite places for stocking stuffers. They have keychain flashlights, phone accessories (one of the newer items is a cell phone holder that attaches to the vent), candles, incense, makeup (including makeup brushes), lots of nifty items. 

I think they have a 10% off customer appreciation coupon, that is good for today as well.

• Like 1

DD maybe some of those fancy coloring books they sell at the craft store along with a nice set of coloring pencils; good old fashioned books (like a few in a series), a stylus for a tablet or smart device she might have, shutterfly or snapfish gc to print pictures she might have on facebook or instagram. Or one of those delivery services that sends makeup and beauty samples to you every month, like Birchbox.

DH... Gc to barber shop or one of those delivery razor services, or grilling tools which no one ever thinks about in winter. :)

• Like 1

So I don't have kids but I can remember what my sister and I got in our stockings over the teen and adult years. My mom was very strict about no makeup until we were 15 so she had to come up with other ideas, which usually were related to interests: gardening stuff (hand rake/trowel, miracle grow fertilizer stakes and seeds; craft supplies (beads and jewelry wire, scrapbook paper and embellishments, sketch books and charcoal pencils, yarn and crochet hooks/knitting needles, fabric with needles and thread); cooking or baking tools (cute cupcake liners, icing decorating tips and bags, sprinkles, measuring cups and measuring spoons, food extracts, food coloring); books and bookmarks

For my dad and later my husband I have seen or purchased: hunting and fishing items (pocket hand warmers, scent removing soap, warm boot socks, fishing lures/hooks/line); gym/exercise items (shoe deodorizer balls for their gym bag, fitness jump rope, travel size shower items, bag balm if they do things like pull ups and tear up their hands, bandaids, icy hot and Advil for sore muscles, reusable ice packs); grilling items (grill scrubber/cleaner, propane tank gas gauge, shish-kabob skewers, dry rubs and marinades); jerky, cashews/almonds/pistachios

And earbuds because everyone manages to need a new pair every year or two :)

Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 1

my kids' stockings have always been filled with candy.  I decided a few years ago to quit buying all that candy, when I still have a big bowl full the next Halloween.  Since then, the stockings have looked a little sad.  All of these posts have inspired me to try to make the stockings more special :).

Go for it!  I'm 45 years old and still get a stocking each year.  The fun of pilfering through that stocking never gets old, even if it's filled with practical, everyday things.  For years I've known what my Christmas gift(s) will be but the stocking stuffers are the one thing that still remain a surprise and I wouldn't trade it for anything!  LOL

• Like 3

My neices and nephews are getting Harry Potter wands from me this year.

For your dd

Portable Bluetooth speaker

Ear buds

Nail polish

Make up

Hair chalk

There's this perfume you can get I know I've seen it at rite aid and Walmart before, but it comes with a angel teddy bear holding it. My dad used to get that every year for me. It comes in vanilla cherry, vanilla lavender, and one other scent I can't remember.

For your dh

Maybe somethings for his man cave

• Like 1

My kids are mostly adults now and they still love getting a stocking. I have cut back too and now each family buys everybody 1 stocking item. ( so I don't have to buy as much to fill them) Best stocking stuffer last year I think was those little fans you can plug into the USB drive from my DS and DDIL  They work great in those little portable chargers!!  We have a total of 20  stockings to do this year so I am always looking for great ideas. 

• Like 1

Check out the "Free After Points" (or very deeply discounted) items from the three pharmacies on sale Thanksgiving through Saturday.  Various small items that make suitable stocking stuffers for the right people.  I make sure to type them up on the item lists and clearly indicate the "Free After Points" items in the GD item listings each year, so you can add them to your GD Shopping List.

• Like 4

We have a big international grocery store near us so the last couple of years we got foreign candy and snacks. (Japanese pockey, British chocolates, and Mexican sodas are their favorites.) My kids (all teens) love it, especially if the labels are in a foreign language. Novelty socks, jewelry, and anything from Hot Topic also go over well.
  • Like 1

I like to put gifts that I'm giving anyway in stockings when they are small enough to fit.  I put things like socks, especially nice ones.  Almost everyone likes nice new socks.

Some people put in new toothbrushes especially the battery operated ones. I put in cologne - I got a great deal on name brand cologne on ebay stores last black friday.

Last year I got everyone a new wallet and put it in the stocking also.

I also got portable phone chargers and car chargers, a new phone case, that kind of stuff is always used.

Edited by myboysnme
  • Like 1

My grandmother does this but she puts it all in those blue reusable Walmart shopping bags. She buys everything from ramen noodles to pudding packs to fruit and of course candy, plus useful little things like pens and such, and loads up the reusable bag for each person. It's always fun at Christmas to see what's in Granny's bags!
  • Like 4

My grandmother does this but she puts it all in those blue reusable Walmart shopping bags. She buys everything from ramen noodles to pudding packs to fruit and of course candy, plus useful little things like pens and such, and loads up the reusable bag for each person. It's always fun at Christmas to see what's in Granny's bags!

My grandma does this too. She buys clearance items all year and then divides it all out. We use to joke about the bag but now Everyone always looks forward to seeing what's in our grab bag.

• Like 1