Office Depot closing on Thanksgiving

Brad

I'm not complaining - I would love to see Black Friday on Friday like it used to be.  But I love how they claim the decision was so employees could spend the day with family.  They forgot to include "Oh, except for those employees that have to pull online orders on Thanksgiving Day, we don't care if those employees spend time with their family or not".

In truth, I may be totally off base. Maybe they will not pull those orders until Friday morning, but if they say you can pick up your order in store Friday and they open at 6:00, I'm thinking someone is working Thursday.

**Edit to say - I really AM happy to see more stores closed Thursday.  I feel like my post was really negative, and I don't mean it to be. 

Edited by Bopeep

Bravo.  I would like to see more of this.  

Online orders only require a small IT crew to keep the system up on Thanksgiving.  I don't expect that they would be fulfilling (packing up) the orders on Thanksgiving--that would be done on Friday.  And if you order to pick up in store, they only need a little time to set aside the items before the store opens, so that could be done sometime after midnight while they are preparing to open.

• Like 1

I'm not complaining - I would love to see Black Friday on Friday like it used to be.  But I love how they claim the decision was so employees could spend the day with family.  They forgot to include "Oh, except for those employees that have to pull online orders on Thanksgiving Day, we don't care if those employees spend time with their family or not".

In truth, I may be totally off base. Maybe they will not pull those orders until Friday morning, but if they say you can pick up your order in store Friday and they open at 6:00, I'm thinking someone is working Thursday.

**Edit to say - I really AM happy to see more stores closed Thursday.  I feel like my post was really negative, and I don't mean it to be. 

Most of them will be in EARLY Friday to prepare for store opening and those orders will most likely be pulled at that time.

• Like 1