Gift baskets

jenmovdob

We are most likely doing ones with some cooking/cookie supplies. I started making my own Vanilla Extract. It's not SUPER cheap but I think I'm in about $8-$9 for an 8.5oz bottle of it. SOOOOOOO much better than the stuff you buy in the stores. I just ordered a few more bottles so I will be making more very shortly. Takes 8 weeks of care before it's ready.

• Like 2

I'm doing Christmas Breakfast Gift Baskets this year - You can purchase or DIY your own pancake mix cheaply and from there the sky is the limit.  Muffin mix or baked muffins, mini loaves of quick bread, jam or jelly, fresh fruit like bananas, oranges.  For local gifting you could pop in a bottle of champagne and a bottle of OJ.  Line the basket with kitchen towels from the dollar store.  Depending on your budget you could add a small bottle of real maple syrup.  Aldi has a decent size bottle of 100% pure maple syrup for $6.79 in my area.  A bag of coffee beans or grounds is another option, bagels, anything!

Some other food related gift basket options are below, picking and choosing what to put in will vary the cost:

Italian Gift Basket: Fancy-shaped or flavored pasta, jar(s) of tomato or pasta sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, a wedge of Parmesan cheese...spend a little more on an Italian cookbook, a bottle of wine, etc.  Other options are bottle of olive oil, some bread dipping mix, jar of roasted red peppers, container of sun dried tomatoes, etc.

Pizza Gift Basket:  Jarred Pesto, Pizza Sauce, Potholders, Packages of Pepperoni, Black Olives, Canned Mushrooms, Pizza Cutter, Grated Parmesan, Olive Oil, Pizza Stone, Pizza and/or Garlic Bread Recipes, Pizza Crust Mix, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Chinese Food Lover: bamboo steamer OR wok filled with ingredients readily available in the Asian section of your grocery store, chop sticks, Chinese tea, small Chinese tea cups, chop stick rests, fortune cookies, etc

Mexican Olé Basket: Jars of salsa (red or green), flavored or plain tortilla shells, hard taco shells, refried beans, DIY Taco Mix in Mason Jar, Green Chiles, Jalapenos, Tortilla Chips, Nacho Sauce, Black Olives, Rotel, Mexican Rice, Cornbread Mix 

Salad Fixin's Basket: Cans of artichoke hearts and olives, herbed or balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic bulbs, a wedge of Parmesan cheese, herbed croutons (homemade are nice!), decorative salad tongs or utensils, a can opener and a pepper grinder with a jar of colorful peppercorns. DIY the dry ingredients for salad dressing mixes packaged with cute labels. Homemade breadsticks. Infused olive oils and/or vinegars.

Some Like It Hot Basket (for a cook who likes spicy foods): spices (cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, crushed red pepper, chili powder, paprika), hot sauces (chili, Tabasco, etc.), salsa, hot Asian pickles, fresh hot peppers, recipes, and an antacid … a little joke

Fruit Basket: Not the most original but a lot less expensive to put together yourself. Forget trying to get the perfect *tower* look and purchase a deeper basket to mound with favorite fruits. Don’t’ forget a pomegranate or two and add chestnuts, nuts in shells, and wrapped candy to embellish.

Apple Snack Basket:  Assorted apples including Honeycrisp plus homemade or storebought caramel dip, jar of peanut butter, apple cutter, etc.

• Like 5

I love the plan!

My idea - Kitchen towels/dishrags - you can make super cute "cakes" (like the diaper cakes you see at every single baby shower). You can add kitchen utensils, baking mixes, whatever. Cute, fairly inexpensive, and who doesn't need kitchen towels?

Pinterest is a great resource for ideas.

• Like 4

A movie night basket with their favorite movie,popcorn candy drinks and maybe a gift card to have pizza delivered

I love the basket idea and I also love this idea. I would like to receive something like this for me my bf. It could just be one of those nights where the kids aren't home and you have the house to yourself or even after a long day and the kids are finally day and you just want to curl, relax and say "we've made it through another day...ahhhh" LOL

My DS actually did gift baskets for his nieces and nephews last year (all 7 and under) per family He did a movie (Walmart BF 1.97 I think) popcorn, juice boxes, some candy and a pair of pjs ( also Walmart BF) per child. They were very excited about their movie night.

• Like 3

I an doing some "themed" food baskets for hubby this year... so far I am working on the "New England Basket" with clam chowder and cheese biscuit mix, the "Irish Basket" has Irish Lamb Stew, 4 boxes of Irish soda bread mix and some Irish shortbread cookies in the shape of shamrocks... and still trying to come up with some other themes... he loves getting food! ;)

• Like 1

When my kids were little I made them personalized mugs and gave them hot chocolate and popcorn. That was probably close to 15 years ago, and only the youngest is still a teenager, but they still go for those mugs every 3 years on our 1 snow day for hot chocolate!

Another theme idea... "Curl up with a book" include blanket, books, amazon or B&N cards, slippers...

I love buying small things for little gift bags and stockings... I oughta do the gift basket idea this year, good idea!

• Like 1

I an doing some "themed" food baskets for hubby this year... so far I am working on the "New England Basket" with clam chowder and cheese biscuit mix, the "Irish Basket" has Irish Lamb Stew, 4 boxes of Irish soda bread mix and some Irish shortbread cookies in the shape of shamrocks... and still trying to come up with some other themes... he loves getting food! ;)

Great ideas! I may use one of these for my father. He sure doesn't need another golf gadget, coffee mug, tshirt or Keurig accessory.

If you come up with any more ideas please share!

• Like 1

Instead of having another basket laying around after the gift is unwrapped, what are some other "baskets" that are useable. I've seen popcorn buckets for the movie themed ones, but there has to be more!

How about:

Colander

House slippers

Mixing bowl

Batter bowl (Pioneer Woman has a cute one with a handle and spout)

Flower pot

Tea pot

Toolbox

Tackle box

Stock pot

Cookie jar

Salad bowl

• Like 3

Instead of having another basket laying around after the gift is unwrapped, what are some other "baskets" that are useable. I've seen popcorn buckets for the movie themed ones, but there has to be more!

If it's for a child you could use a sand bucket or lunch box

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...